Playin With Fire

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
bicky studs

bicky studs

when i up potted to 1 gal in veg, i fed 1x daily till roots were poking out all the bottom holes then upped to 2x... it doesnt take long before they want 3rd ...etc
get to know ur pot weights....not dry cause they never dry....:badboy:
feel the weight after u water to runoff. then every cpl of hrs so you get a feel for ur pot size..weight..... imo, working great for me.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Thank you. It is proving difficult for me to get over how wet this stays. Leaving it this wet is like trying to stop my gag reflex. It goes against everything I know.

It's like a trust fall...
I typically tell people to do as much research as possible before getting into something
and encourage to do research not opinions but actually how something works

with soil as well as peat products
as it becomes moist it compacts
as it compacts it holds less and less oxygen creating a sufficating enviroment for roots.
as soil/peat dries oxygen is pulled in allowing the roots to intake oxygen...if you over water or keep this type of media to moist it will starve the roots of oxygen killing the plant

with coco....at full moisture capacity it holds roughly 25-30% oxygen
so at full moisture capacity your coco still allows roots to breath in oxygen
but their is a caviot to this
coco holds onto certain elements and releases others as it dries...throwing off the balance of +/- ions in the exchange bank....essentially spiking ec levels and frying your plants

so
best practices knowing what we know about coco
is to top feed coco and keep fully saturated at all times
in a professional setting of large agriculture there is a place for production steering with dry down and ec spike practices

we wont get into that as that is extremely advanced and advised to look into only if you are extremely experienced in coco cultivation methods

but
top feeding adds fresh oxygen and fresh nutrients essentially flushing out what wasnt used and replacing what was keeping a well balanced ec and stable ph

typically you want to start out watering once a day, as you notice the coco drying down you up your waterings per day to maintain a constant moisture level
always making sure to at least manufacture 10% runoff per watering*

*for novice coco users*

hopefully this breaks your trust fall and answers some questions you may have or at least put your mind at ease

as for your plants and what may be wrong

gonna have to ask them and see what they say

your plants that is

Wisher1

Itzdwoodduhh

Itzdwoodduhh

Soo i guess ill be starting the leaching process when my rez is drained, probably be tomorrow more than likely. Soo i know i can flush w straight ro water being im in coco but i forget if it needed to be ph'd or not? N also should i keep feed times the same?

Wisher619

Wisher619

Soo i guess ill be starting the leaching process when my rez is drained, probably be tomorrow more than likely. Soo i know i can flush w straight ro water being im in coco but i forget if it needed to be ph'd or not? N also should i keep feed times the same?
keep feed times the same and ph to 5.8
keeping the coco enviroment proper will allow the plant to uptake what is left of Macro Nutrients in the coco and assimilate it. Once depleted the plant will then breakdown what is stored in the leaves
starting the "fall" process

Toaster79

Toaster79

@G gnome

20180227 010950

Pick your favourite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom