please advise on harvesting

• Thread starter wiggles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wiggles

wiggles

this is my garden 5 days ago, its all starting to get to the end now and im harvesting some in a weeks time, the purple one is ready and the realy yellow one is ready to, but the others are still too green for me so i may leeve them grow an extra week. please advise me on how flushed they are looking and weather youd harvest them by the time im goin to.

Kirsty flower 056
Kirsty flower 057
Kirsty flower 058
Kirsty flower 059
Kirsty flower 060
Kirsty flower 061
Kirsty flower 062
Kirsty flower 063
Kirsty flower 064
Kirsty flower 065
Kirsty flower 066
Kirsty flower 067
Kirsty flower 068
Kirsty flower 070
Kirsty flower 072
Kirsty flower 075
Kirsty flower 076
Kirsty flower 077
Kirsty flower 079
Kirsty flower 081
Kirsty flower 084
Kirsty flower 086
Kirsty flower 088
Kirsty flower 089
Kirsty flower 090
Kirsty flower 091
Kirsty flower 092
Kirsty flower 093
Kirsty flower 095
Kirsty flower 096
Kirsty flower 098
Kirsty flower 099
Kirsty flower 100
Kirsty flower 101
Kirsty flower 102
Kirsty flower 103
Kirsty flower 104
Kirsty flower 106
Kirsty flower 107
Kirsty flower 108
Dunge

Dunge

Start cutting. You have lots of work to do.
I have come to believe that you are entering the most important phase of a grow.
Just stay away from plastic bags for anything but short term transfers.

wiggles

wiggles

you think i should harvest now then? most of my plants are in the ground or in pots, you think they look flushed enough?

Dunge

Dunge

I may have been thrown off by how "late fall" all the other vegetation looks in that first photo. And those purple pot plants just always look done to me.
As I understand flushing, it is most employed by hydroponic growers who are providing all of the nutrients all of the time. Ramping up nutrient concentrations to maximize growth needs to be compensated for by reducing concentrations in the end so as not to compromise flavor.
In soil, the logic is much the same, but the mechanics of flushing does not work as well and presumably there are not as many residual free nutrients within the root zone.
So I would think that so long as you have not been adding large quantities of nutrients in your waterings, flushing may not be an issue.
As for harvest ready: what few pistils I can see look brown and withered. I'm sure you know the old clear/cloudy/amber trich assay.
I am reminded you are in the UK and were concerned about mold. Looks like you might have survived the weather.
I suspect the fall chill will put an end to further development, and thus the idea of securing the harvest seems appropriate.
I am very interested to see how those flowers trim up.

Top Bottom