Please assist in sexing this Himalayan Gold.

• Thread starter nothing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nothing

nothing

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie and this is my first"-ish" grow . I know males are meant to grow tall. This plant is nearly 8ft at this stage and it looks like its not done. Seems like its still in vegetative period. This is a characteristic of HG.

I bought seeds from a cheap site and I'm certain what they claimed was "feminized" was just regular so I'm sure some are males. What I have here is a Himalayan gold that I HOPE is a female but
I really have no idea. I haven't seen any pollen sacks, but maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for.

She's huge! I hope those bud sites forming will swell up soon... as I don't need it to get any taller :D (turning into a damn tree , hehe)

info:
- Himalayan gold
- container
- outdoors
- average temp 63-79F
- About 2.5-3 months old
- humidity is increasing by the day
- average monthly "sun hours" 200-220

Can you sex this please?

Please assist in sexing this himalayan gold
Please assist in sexing this himalayan gold 2
Please assist in sexing this himalayan gold 3
Please assist in sexing this himalayan gold 4

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That is one of the strangest female plants I have seen. They get weird outdoors sometimes, or maybe we make them weird bringing them in?

Why would you think these are not feminized if sold that way? It's a pretty easy process to feminize.

nothing

nothing

That is one of the strangest female plants I have seen. They get weird outdoors sometimes, or maybe we make them weird bringing them in?

Why would you think these are not feminized if sold that way? It's a pretty easy process to feminize.
I bought the seeds for very cheap online and I did a duck search for what male plants look like and they fit the look after I grew out a few seeds. Unfortunately I had females near it and they got riddled with seeds. So i know the seeds I got from this site were mixed male/female.

However I cannot tell if this HG is male or female. I just want someone that knows better to sex it for me. So you think its female?

nothing

nothing

Wow I just noticed that last bit in your post... how do I feminize regular seeds?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

It’s looking like a possible reveg situation. Sativas can do some seriously weird stuff when taken out of there element or not given the hours they are acclimated too. How close are you to the equator? Def female though

nothing

nothing

It’s looking like a possible reveg situation. Sativas can do some seriously weird stuff when taken out of there element or not given the hours they are acclimated too. How close are you to the equator? Def female though
1783 miles away to the north. Sub tropical position

TSD

TSD

Looks like a big juicy aphid, and that looks like damage from an aphid infestation... maybe they sucked the leaves to thier liking and moved on. I would suggest a strong spray down with a hose.... as far as sex, looks female, but weird, almost like it's part hemp or maybe just an odd strain... but if it's infested with something, it could also be stressing out. Do you see ants on your plants at all? They often farm aphids once there is an infestation, rather they farm the sticky shit aphids leave behind. I'd worry about getting the pests under control... eradication is hard outdoors, but gotta keep them in check at least.

TSD

TSD

Any tips then guys? Just defoliate where I see spots?
You can do some defoliation, but you don't want to stress her too much, and she's likely already stressed. I get aphids almost every year, if that's what you have, which it looks like to me. A good spray down does well, before hot sun obviously, preferably first light. A homemade insecticidal soap spray down at night followed by a hose spray down at first light, done a couple times is usually sufficient to get aphids under control... but you need to be sure what pest you are dealing with. I try to do organic so I try to avoid chemical warfare. Aphids hide under the leaves and suck out the juice, so you have to get everything top and bottom. It will be a lot of effort to be successful with a plant that size... mine were about 6 feet when I got infested last summer.

Top Bottom