Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Landrace strains are getting harder and harder to find. They are typically not nearly as strong as the stuff being offered today, and they often grow very tall. Most landrace strains were for outdoors growing since they aren't well suited for indoor growth. Commercial swag is probably your best chance for getting a landrace strain... anyone selling landrace strains now are usually selling a hybrid of a landrace... not everyone but most seeds that you buy aren't pure landrace, even if advertised as such. Everyone wants hard nuggs and bushy plants that grow in a tent, so most of the original strains are overlooked.
That's sad. Really. I knew about size and outdoor growing since indoor cultivation with artificial lights is a new approach as far as the history of the plant goes. It's sad to lose them though, no matter what their potency or size. It's sad to lose that history and connection to our roots.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

That's sad. Really. I knew about size and outdoor growing since indoor cultivation with artificial lights is a new approach as far as the history of the plant goes. It's sad to lose them though, no matter what their potency or size. It's sad to lose that history and connection to our roots.

Look into Real Seed Company, Ace Seeds, and Underground Seeds Collective. TBH, get modern hybrids down first, then move to landraces once you've got a better idea of your environment. There are plenty of landraces (mainly c.indica) that can be grown inside, but they're absolutely more challenging.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Look into Real Seed Company, Ace Seeds, and Underground Seeds Collective. TBH, get modern hybrids down first, then move to landraces once you've got a better idea of your environment. There are plenty of landraces (mainly c.indica) that can be grown inside, but they're absolutely more challenging.
I know I have an s-ton to learn. I wouldn't begin to attempt to try to grow them now. But, a lot of them are something I'd like to get my hands on.

Purepiff

Purepiff

Just use sink water til they get bigger and u can add nutes or do as the other farmer said and add some calmag. Also 5.7 ph is fine that isn't ur issue. U rarely get all nice healthy seedlings there are always runts and ones that die. Dont do too much just let them grow out a little bit. The pkant in the pic looks like a runt tho. Don't transpkant it into another type of medium u risk killing them. If u already overrated them and stuff then they just need time to get back on their feet

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I know I have an s-ton to learn. I wouldn't begin to attempt to try to grow them now. But, a lot of them are something I'd like to get my hands on.

I mean yeah, we all do.

Don't be scared of middle eastern landraces at all. Essentially, most ssp. indica cultivars grow with a similar pattern - moderate internode spacing, fat leaves, minimal nutrient and water requirements, and minimal stretch. It's not until the Hindu Kush area that landrace and ruderal plants start showing more ssp. sativa characteristics, which are what require more maintenance.

I've got a Turkish plant right now that has an internode distance of 2cm. It's been lower maintenance than a lot of stuff from big breeders.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I mean yeah, we all do.

Don't be scared of middle eastern landraces at all. Essentially, most ssp. indica cultivars grow with a similar pattern - moderate internode spacing, fat leaves, minimal nutrient and water requirements, and minimal stretch. It's not until the Hindu Kush area that landrace and ruderal plants start showing more ssp. sativa characteristics, which are what require more maintenance.

I've got a Turkish plant right now that has an internode distance of 2cm. It's been lower maintenance than a lot of stuff from big breeders.
I just don't want to kill anything like that. It's sacrilege. I would've thought closer node spacing would mean more work.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I just don't want to kill anything like that. It's sacrilege. I would've thought closer node spacing would mean more work.

Why? Closer node spacing means that there's more bud sites per cubic foot, with better structure to hold them. They don't stretch as much, need as much nutes or water, and don't need as much humidity in flower. These bitches will look like ents when they get flipped.

A plant killed is a lesson learned. Don't fear failure.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

How do you know when to harvest? Amber color trichomes?

20200513 110231
Reactions: Ina
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Best use a 60 x magnifying loupe about 8 bucks on Amazon

always check trichomes on the bud, not the sugar leaves because sugar leaves ripen first

Many believe it's best to harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy, some like more Amber some don't; it becomes a personal choice at that point, good luck

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

Depends on what kind of buzz you want. An up lifting high, milky is what you would want if you want a couch lock go with all amber . If you want an in between go with about 70% amber and 30 % milky from everything I've read. I bought a digital magnifier that connects to my phone 30 bucks off Amazon

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

My 30x/60x jewlers loupe sits nice on my phone so camera works well thru it. Was under $7 on amazon and has LEDs to help light spot you're looking at.
💁 mine aren't ready, just took some pics to show how it looks. It isn't too hard to hold the loupe over the cam then zoom phone till lense frame leaves and image fills screen fully :)
Maybe not super great quality photos but well enough to judge trichomes

20200513 151046
20200513 151322
growsince79

growsince79

My 30x/60x jewlers loupe sits nice on my phone so camera works well thru it. Was under $7 on amazon and has LEDs to help light spot you're looking at.
💁 mine aren't ready, just took some pics to show how it looks. It isn't too hard to hold the loupe over the cam then zoom phone till lense frame leaves and image fills screen fully :)
Maybe not super great quality photos but well enough to judge trichomes
I need a better phone. This $40 walmart pos don't work

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I need a better phone. This $40 walmart pos don't work

Mine was like $120 lol not great either but good enough to judge clear/cloudy/amber thru the lenses 💁 if not, i borrow my lady's iphone. Much better camera on her phone lol

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

If you're in a bind without a tester you can buy bottled water Google the pH of each company's water I use Dasani for instance from time to time which has a pH of 5 and 1/2 to 5.8 or I switch to my tap water which is actually well water which has a pH of 8 and that's too alkaline

Top Bottom