• Tagged users None
Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

Screenshot 20200513 184201 Amazon Shopping

I couldn't find a link to share.. but this what your looking for
I

SpartanBud

SpartanBud

My room set up is in an unfinished basement. I need humidity control. In the winter it's dry and in the summer parts of it floods.
It's much easier with a tent. You can control the environment much easier. Check pawn shops too often they will have grow equipment and dehumidifiers. If you order a tent get one as big as you can afford and will fit in the room.

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

It can be expensive but can be cheap as well. I've spent over a grand on nutrients alone but I enjoy it so for me it's worth the money

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It can be expensive but can be cheap as well. I've spent over a grand on nutrients alone but I enjoy it so for me it's worth the money
My ballasts are at least 35 years old but still work great... initial cost of 2x ballasts and 2x 1000w MH bulbs -$425
Ongoing costs... 2x bulb upgrade ~$180 Promix - $29 Composted manure - $3.79 Osmocote -$8.99 Tub of Jack's 20-20-20 - $8.99. All totaled, everything costs roughly $250/year although I get 2 years out of the bulb and, nutes. I replace the bulbs every couple of grows and could probably use them for longer but they seem to degrae in the inner arc tube by darkening after about 2 years. Setting up a new cycle costs about $45, although electricity costs are not included. Luckily, the cost per Kwh here is pretty low, I think about 7 cents/kwh. Keep in mind that this isn't a huge operation, just a 8 X 12 room with 7.5 ft roof. I could imagine that a big operation could burn thru the cash pretty well.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Go on craigs list or letgo or garage sales. Dehumidifiers can be bought for $25 and a new CMH 315 light is 150 complete on ebay or amazon.
I got a dehumidifier on FB marketplace. It's crazy how much water gets pulled out just to keep it under 50%.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

It's much easier with a tent. You can control the environment much easier. Check pawn shops too often they will have grow equipment and dehumidifiers. If you order a tent get one as big as you can afford and will fit in the room.
I have 2 other tents. I can't get a tent for where the grow room is. It's nowhere near square and the ceiling clearance is barely over 6'.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I enjoy it immensely. I've always loved growing things. This is another animal though. I'm glad I can still grow in winter though. I just wish I could regulate this room more.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

My ballasts are at least 35 years old but still work great... initial cost of 2x ballasts and 2x 1000w MH bulbs -$425
Ongoing costs... 2x bulb upgrade ~$180 Promix - $29 Composted manure - $3.79 Osmocote -$8.99 Tub of Jack's 20-20-20 - $8.99. All totaled, everything costs roughly $250/year although I get 2 years out of the bulb and, nutes. I replace the bulbs every couple of grows and could probably use them for longer but they seem to degrae in the inner arc tube by darkening after about 2 years. Setting up a new cycle costs about $45, although electricity costs are not included. Luckily, the cost per Kwh here is pretty low, I think about 7 cents/kwh. Keep in mind that this isn't a huge operation, just a 8 X 12 room with 7.5 ft roof. I could imagine that a big operation could burn thru the cash pretty well.
I had to get supplies to build the (makeshift) room, (led) lights were almost $450 for 2. Dehumidifier was $50 (used), seeds were $10/pop, plus "stuff" like soil, pearlite, nutes, fans, adjustable tie ups for lighting, heater, etc. The set up killed me and it's still not regulated properly. I can't accurately control the temp and rh and there's quite enough stuff in there as it is. I wish I could just use a tent, but that space just can't accommodate one. I don't have a big operation in the least.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I had to get supplies to build the (makeshift) room, (led) lights were almost $450 for 2. Dehumidifier was $50 (used), seeds were $10/pop, plus "stuff" like soil, pearlite, nutes, fans, adjustable tie ups for lighting, heater, etc. The set up killed me and it's still not regulated properly. I can't accurately control the temp and rh and there's quite enough stuff in there as it is. I wish I could just use a tent, but that space just can't accommodate one. I don't have a big operation in the least.
Don't fret too much over Rh and having a tent. Cheap mylar blankets areexcellent for tacking onto walls to make your own tent... it won't be airtight, but I can't see the need for being airtight except possibly for ventilation purposes. Temps up to 85 are fine and temp control can vary a lot. My temps range rom 63 to about 86 between light/dark, and my humidity is always low... 40% in summer, 10% during the winter... things still grow well. Try to keep your roots from getting too cold and your temps warm. A lot of the "professional" recommendations for temps and humidity isn't always the case, and folks grew just fine before the advent of all of the new gadgets being sold for high prices.
Growing is alot like having your first kid... you double check every drop of water, Ph adjust, test PPMs daily, flip out over a yellowed leaf tip... you can see where I'm going with this. After you have a few grows under your belt, you sort of laugh at how seriously you took each task instead of letting the plants do the growing after you set them up properly from the start. I get bored as hell... if it wasn't for watering, I wouldn't need to see them for weeks on end.
Your $450 investment in lights will serve you well for years, hopefully. Your price will drop once you get things rolling, as the initial startup is the expensive part... later grows are pretty cheap!

Purepiff

Purepiff

Don't fret too much over Rh and having a tent. Cheap mylar blankets areexcellent for tacking onto walls to make your own tent... it won't be airtight, but I can't see the need for being airtight except possibly for ventilation purposes. Temps up to 85 are fine and temp control can vary a lot. My temps range rom 63 to about 86 between light/dark, and my humidity is always low... 40% in summer, 10% during the winter... things still grow well. Try to keep your roots from getting too cold and your temps warm. A lot of the "professional" recommendations for temps and humidity isn't always the case, and folks grew just fine before the advent of all of the new gadgets being sold for high prices.
Growing is alot like having your first kid... you double check every drop of water, Ph adjust, test PPMs daily, flip out over a yellowed leaf tip... you can see where I'm going with this. After you have a few grows under your belt, you sort of laugh at how seriously you took each task instead of letting the plants do the growing after you set them up properly from the start. I get bored as hell... if it wasn't for watering, I wouldn't need to see them for weeks on end.
Your $450 investment in lights will serve you well for years, hopefully. Your price will drop once you get things rolling, as the initial startup is the expensive part... later grows are pretty cheap!

Def want ur rh at 60 to 70 percent in veg and early flower and then in the 50s during later flower. Try it ull get way better results especially with co2

Top Bottom