Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

I would bump that ph up to 6.5. Cause if you look at that chart I posted that is the ph range u want for soil and with a low ph range the roots cant uptake what they need as far as nutrition
Don't worry about PH at this stage. You're in soil and that makes a huge difference. Some seedlings react to soils like Miracle grow, or promix, etc. When they're this small mist them don't water them. They pretty much only have one tap root at this early stage and if that is too wet the little plant will drown. Use straight up tap water that you let sit for 24 hours. There's more than likely calcium and magnesium in your water along with a few other minerals your plants need. Don't transplant at this stage. Just back away from them a little bit. Let em dry enough so all they need is a mist.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Probably hot soil, or ur lights were to close, good move useing the de earth i cant recomend that enough for pests, i run autos and use fox farms ocean forest and never burned a seedling i would steer clear of home depo and get some good medium, as for your light you want ur seedlings reaching for the light not shying away from it, at first with a 600w led i leave the light about 30inc away from seedling as they get bigger my sweet spot is 24incs, dont get discouraged just give your seedling water and see what happens it may outgrow the hot medium.

Wells76

Wells76

Hey stoner chick...how are you doing...i can give you some advice but to do so would be for you to call me and talk to me so I can get better ideas of what your doing and how everything is going...if you wish to call me then let me know on here and I will give you my number...i do live in the states and can give you some pretty decent advice

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey stoner chick...how are you doing...i can give you some advice but to do so would be for you to call me and talk to me so I can get better ideas of what your doing and how everything is going...if you wish to call me then let me know on here and I will give you my number...i do live in the states and can give you some pretty decent advice

If her user name was “ugly short dude” would you still want the call? Lol ;-)

Vagician

Vagician

5.7 is just fine, you can go up to ~6.3. What size of container is she in? RO can also cause some funky issues with calcium and magnesium because it has none. Add the lowest recommended dose listed on the Cal/Mag container. Tap water is generally easier to work with unless it has an insanely high TDS. Anybody who tells you pH doesn't matter is wrong; it is critical to monitor pH with every watering if you want top-shelf buds. Get a pH/EC meter for like $20. Test your tap water before adding in nutrients. It should hopefully be less than ~0.2 EC (electrical conductivity) and if it is then switch to that instead of RO. Add a little nitrogen to that at the minimum dose as well. Don't soak the whole container, but pour probably like a cup as needed. It is hard to tell, but that soil looks really dry. Your temps and humidity are fine, be sure to not to aim the fan directly at the little seedling. Best of luck!

Vagician

Vagician

But the only way to know the ph of the soil is with a soil ph meter, right?

Also, to test the pH of you soil, not just the nutrient/water mixture, check out this link.

2:1 method is easiest but requires the pH/TDS meters.

sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

5.7 is just fine, you can go up to ~6.3. What size of container is she in? RO can also cause some funky issues with calcium and magnesium because it has none. Add the lowest recommended dose listed on the Cal/Mag container. Tap water is generally easier to work with unless it has an insanely high TDS. Anybody who tells you pH doesn't matter is wrong; it is critical to monitor pH with every watering if you want top-shelf buds. Get a pH/EC meter for like $20. Test your tap water before adding in nutrients. It should hopefully be less than ~0.2 EC (electrical conductivity) and if it is then switch to that instead of RO. Add a little nitrogen to that at the minimum dose as well. Don't soak the whole container, but pour probably like a cup as needed. It is hard to tell, but that soil looks really dry. Your temps and humidity are fine, be sure to not to aim the fan directly at the little seedling. Best of luck!
You actually don't need anything other than a small bottle of ph down. Most city water ( check if you like ) comes out very close to neutral. Also since your in soil, go ahead and test your runoff and you'll see that the soil is mitigating your pH as well. Save your money and if you really think you have a pH issue literally days after germination use pH down from the pet store to test your water. Sorry but growing in soil is not hydro. pH is NOT critical at this stage, and as long as you don't needlessly over feed with useless nutes. Just let your tap water sit for 24 hours. It also has calcium and magnesium so you shouldn't need any cal mag until you flip to 12/12. Read a lot from different sources. Make a decision based on common sense and not on what the first thing you read in these forums. Most dudes get a succesful grow under their belt and suddenly they're Bill Nye the Weed Guy.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

You actually don't need anything other than a small bottle of ph down. Most city water ( check if you like ) comes out very close to neutral. Also since your in soil, go ahead and test your runoff and you'll see that the soil is mitigating your pH as well. Save your money and if you really think you have a pH issue literally days after germination use pH down from the pet store to test your water. Sorry but growing in soil is not hydro. pH is NOT critical at this stage, and as long as you don't needlessly over feed with useless nutes. Just let your tap water sit for 24 hours. It also has calcium and magnesium so you shouldn't need any cal mag until you flip to 12/12. Read a lot from different sources. Make a decision based on common sense and not on what the first thing you read in these forums. Most dudes get a succesful grow under their belt and suddenly they're Bill Nye the Weed Guy.
Ive checked. It's 8.59. I'm not doing everything I read. Trying to figure ot what is going to work best for my set up. I just installed the exhaust yesterday and I think it was overkill. I got a 6" but now my rh won't stay up. I have 2 humidifiers in there. I need to see if it is capable of variable speed I think.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Right now they're in Solo cups. I need a td or ppm meter

sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

Right now they're in Solo cups. I need a td or ppm meter
You're still in solo cups. Your soil is probably a little hot. That's all. Don't add add anything. You don't need to measure pH. Light misting of tap water to keep soil lightly moist. Don't overdue anything. Too much of anything will kill your girls at this point.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

You're still in solo cups. Your soil is probably a little hot. That's all. Don't add add anything. You don't need to measure pH. Light misting of tap water to keep soil lightly moist. Don't overdue anything. Too much of anything will kill your girls at this point.
Actually, they just got put back in solo cups. I was using this terrible soil before and had to, under sage advice, change it out. They're not big enough to be transplanted yet.

20200207 103321
sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

Actually, they just got put back in solo cups. I was using this terrible soil before and had to, under sage advice, change it out. They're not big enough to be transplanted yet.
Well, they don't look bad. Watch the leaves. In a seedling if the leaves curl down they're pointing to their one tap root telling you that they can't breath because the soil is too moist. Sounds silly but it was 'sage' advice I received very early on. My first grow was a lot of fun. And worry. As well as a shit ton of reading. And more worry. It all worked out though. When ever I think I need to adjust something or 'remedy' something with the plants I stop and wait a little longer before doing anything. A lot of the time it was just me worrying my way through my first grow. I kept it fairly simple, which it appears you are doing as well.
Your seedlings do not look 'Ugh'.

Vagician

Vagician

Make a decision based on common sense and not on what the first thing you read in these forums. Most dudes get a successful grow under their belt and suddenly they're Bill Nye the Weed Guy.

@sgtPeppercorn I've been a grower for 7 years in the legal industry and I have BS in Botany and Chemistry. I've also been a wholesale nursery manager for several years of my life. I frequently hit 25%-30% THC but what do I know? 🤷‍♂️ Just because I only have a few posts doesn't mean I don't know my shit. I've been lurking on this site for a while and only recently became active, but egos like yours make me not want to share the tricks I've learned. Go smoke a bowl and check your attitude friend. We're all here to help her and you are kind of being a dick to me for offering help. You might learn something if you drop your shields.

7.0 (neutral) is still too high. She said she was using RO water if I remember correctly. RO has no nutrients in it whatsoever and its pH sways wildly. You can get away with a week or two of no nutrients on city tap water but if you want your plant to actually grow then you've got to give them something to eat. Obviously growing in soil and hydro are two different animals, I've done both successfully. pH is critical at every stage of a plant's growth. Improper pH can cause the roots to not be able to uptake nutrients and can even make the osmotic balance reverse so that water flows out of the roots instead of into them, causing them to dry and die, killing the plant.

@ThatCrazyStonerChick If you want to have great bud with minimal effort, always pH your feed solution as well as the runoff. If you aren't collecting data, and something funny happens to your plants, you won't be able to figure out what it is and it will be harder for this forum to help you. You sound like you need this run to really be successful. You can trust that guy, or somebody with experience, your choice, it's not my loss if they die. A pH of 8.59 is way out of safe limits. I promise, aim for anywhere between 5.7-6.3 with a light feeding of N, P, K, Ca, Mg; aim for ~200 ppm TDS. The soil should have the rest.

sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

@sgtPeppercorn I've been a grower for 7 years in the legal industry and I have BS in Botany and Chemistry. I've also been a wholesale nursery manager for several years of my life. I frequently hit 25%-30% THC but what do I know? 🤷‍♂️ Just because I only have a few posts doesn't mean I don't know my shit. I've been lurking on this site for a while and only recently became active, but egos like yours make me not want to share the tricks I've learned. Go smoke a bowl and check your attitude friend. We're all here to help her and you are kind of being a dick to me for offering help. You might learn something if you drop your shields.

7.0 (neutral) is still too high. She said she was using RO water if I remember correctly. RO has no nutrients in it whatsoever and its pH sways wildly. You can get away with a week or two of no nutrients on city tap water but if you want your plant to actually grow then you've got to give them something to eat. Obviously growing in soil and hydro are two different animals, I've done both successfully. pH is critical at every stage of a plant's growth. Improper pH can cause the roots to not be able to uptake nutrients and can even make the osmotic balance reverse so that water flows out of the roots instead of into them, causing them to dry and die, killing the plant.

@ThatCrazyStonerChick If you want to have great bud with minimal effort, always pH your feed solution as well as the runoff. If you aren't collecting data, and something funny happens to your plants, you won't be able to figure out what it is and it will be harder for this forum to help you. You sound like you need this run to really be successful. You can trust that guy, or somebody with experience, your choice,
Simple Soil That Worked For My First & Future Grows

A pH of 8.59 is way out of safe limits. I promise, aim for anywhere between 5.7-6.3 with a light feeding of N, P, K, Ca, Mg; aim for ~200 ppm TDS. The soil should have the rest.

Well, I really wasn't pointing my finger at you, but since you're the only one being defensive about it I'll just say;
Yeah. Dudes who use handles like "Vagician" are usually the ones I seek out for advice. How about this: quit overloading peeps with unnecessary additions to their routine. Nothing worse than an "expert whose been growing for "X" years ruining someones first crop. You can't advise to keep it simple? Nooooo run out and buy an EC meter for a seedling in a solo cup. Does that sound like the advice you should give to a first time grower???? The attitude came from you and it started with your reply and handle. Lurk all you like. There is no ego involved on my end. Unlike your self; at 59 years old and growing herb for 45 of those years I don't pretend to know a damn thing. And why should I? How can I say this or that is THE BEST way to grow when there are thousands of pics of peoples harvests on this forum alone that were awesome and they never came close to your level of plant knowledge? How hard is it to grow a hardy annual Vag? There is a million different ways to grow bud dude. What makes it hard is confusing, unnecessary advice. We don't want to hear about your experience. We just want to keep things simple Vag. Why does she need to use RO for her seedling in soil? The minute amounts of minerals too much for the seedling? The first time grower should not rely on your advice. Nor should she or anyone else for that matter rely on mine. Somewhere in the middle of all that is an easy, common sense way to grow weed. No ego. It's easy. Why complicate things Vag. I'm sure the grower appreciates your witty play on words as well Vagician.

Last edited:
Vagician

Vagician

Well, I really wasn't pointing my finger at you, but since you're the only one being defensive about it I'll just say;
Yeah. Dudes who use handles like "Vagician" are usually the ones I seek out for advice. How about this: quit overloading peeps with unnecessary additions to their routine. Nothing worse than an "expert whose been growing for "X" years ruining someones first crop. You can't advise to keep it simple? Nooooo run out and buy an EC meter for a seedling in a solo cup. Does that sound like the advice you should give to a first time grower???? The attitude came from you and it started with your reply and handle. Lurk all you like. There is no ego involved on my end. Unlike your self; at 59 years old and growing herb for 45 of those years I don't pretend to know a damn thing. And why should I? How can I say this or that is THE BEST way to grow when there are thousands of pics of peoples harvests on this forum alone that were awesome and they never came close to your level of plant knowledge? How hard is it to grow a hardy annual Vag? There is a million different ways to grow bud dude. What makes it hard is confusing, unnecessary advice. We don't want to hear about your experience. We just want to keep things simple Vag. Why does she need to use RO for her seedling in soil? The minute amounts of minerals too much for the seedling? The first time grower should not rely on your advice. Nor should she or anyone else for that matter rely on mine. Somewhere in the middle of all that is an easy, common sense way to grow weed. No ego. It's easy. Why complicate things Vag. I'm sure the grower appreciates your witty play on words as well Vagician.

I'm usually defensive when somebody is a douche calling others "Bill Nye the Weed Guy." YoU sTaRtEd It. A first time grower should learn to do it right the first time. Go smoke some Blue Dream old timer. Those with a sense of humor like my handle. I agree, there is no 100% right way to grow, but there are definitely wrong ways. I was merely offering my advice, she could take it or leave it. A pH/TDS meter is not complicated to use and every grower should have one. I'm done with you, clown.

Top Bottom