Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

I *hate* fungus gnats man. That I learned. 🤨
Try a clear cup in the solo cup next time, you can peek in her panties to see how wet and deep the root goes. Too wet, you get bugs. Haven’t seen your plants since Feb, did you transplant yet? I’m in the middle of uppotting and will do one more when they go outdoors. Let the cups get lightweight and move them into damp soil. Dont be afraid to lose a lot of dirt, the roots are going to be fine in that fresh moist warm virgin soil, they love it rough. But the stem is very delicate so no bending, keep it straight and stiff between your fingertips, while gently cupping the root ball with your other hand, no root hair pulling! They seem to like the lights down low or off too, maybe a little Al Green in the background...😉

Last edited:
ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Try a clear cup in the solo cup next time, you can peek in her panties to see how wet and deep the root goes. Too wet, you get bugs. Haven’t seen your plants since Feb, did you transplant yet? I’m in the middle of uppotting and will do one more when they go outdoors. Let the cups get lightweight and move them into damp soil. Dont be afraid to lose a lot of dirt, the roots are going to be fine in that fresh moist warm virgin soil, they love it rough. But the stem is very delicate so no bending, keep it straight and stiff between your fingertips, while gently cupping the root ball with your other hand, no root hair pulling! They seem to like the lights down low or off too, maybe a little Al Green in the background...😉View attachment 965583View attachment 965581View attachment 965582
So...no Sadé? That must be my problem. They've been in their final press for a while now. I took clones and butchered them baaahaahaa! Ohhh well. They're just starting to flower. And apparently I took one clone and it was too far into flower and is budding in the solo cup. I'll post pics. Btw, I got these grow bags which have multiple drainage holes, but they just do not let the soil dry out at all. I have to repot them and go easier on the water. I got the gnats bc my soil was crappy and way too dense. I just never got rid of them. I have a bunch od other stuff growing with them so it's a bit jungley in there. I'm in the process od moving stuff around right now though. I have plants in 3 different spots.
I just remembered I found something weird with one od the big ones. I'm going to post that too. I think it's light burn but that's not really logical because they're not on the top of the plant.

20200424 121411
20200424 140542
20200424 141533
20200424 141529
20200424 141520
20200424 141456
20200424 141452
20200424 141436
ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Those big tablets they through in ponds for mosquitoes work for gnats. It comes in a crumble too. Just sprinkle on top soil.
I've been using mosquito bits. Do people dissolve the dunks in water? I've done both with the bits. I'll be glad to get this chuckle over with and start over. It's really exciting to see them bud though. And I don't even care who knows it, lol.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Try a clear cup in the solo cup next time, you can peek in her panties to see how wet and deep the root goes. Too wet, you get bugs. Haven’t seen your plants since Feb, did you transplant yet? I’m in the middle of uppotting and will do one more when they go outdoors. Let the cups get lightweight and move them into damp soil. Dont be afraid to lose a lot of dirt, the roots are going to be fine in that fresh moist warm virgin soil, they love it rough. But the stem is very delicate so no bending, keep it straight and stiff between your fingertips, while gently cupping the root ball with your other hand, no root hair pulling! They seem to like the lights down low or off too, maybe a little Al Green in the background...😉View attachment 965583View attachment 965581View attachment 965582
I already switched to clear cups for my other plants and will be using them on these in the future as well.

Madbud

Madbud

U gotta get the bags off the floor so air flows under then to dry out, no soggy bottoms. Clear cups are great as long as no light gets in or algae can grow.
Sadè, Adele whatever isn’t too distracting, no Abba😂

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

U gotta get the bags off the floor so air flows under then to dry out, no soggy bottoms. Clear cups are great as long as no light gets in or algae can grow.
Sadè, Adele whatever isn’t too distracting, no Abba😂
I punched holes all over the bags. I hate them. I can't elevate then so I'll just have to be more attentive.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Those big tablets they through in ponds for mosquitoes work for gnats. It comes in a crumble too. Just sprinkle on top soil.
Duh, you said it comes in a crumble. I have way too much going on at once. I've never seen the crumble but I'm going to look now. I'd really prefer that. I think these bits are too coarse and big.

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

I've been reading coffee grounds are a natural bug repellent. I cover the whole top of the soil. Also dont dump out your brewed coffee if you make it at home you can water it down and give to your plants it has nutrients they can use

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I've been reading coffee grounds are a natural bug repellent. I cover the whole top of the soil. Also dont dump out your brewed coffee if you make it at home you can water it down and give to your plants it has nutrients they can use
I can't drink coffee. But I have a Keurig anyway (from when I could).

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Can anybody recommend a small dehumidifier that actually works well?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
So...no Sadé? That must be my problem. They've been in their final press for a while now. I took clones and butchered them baaahaahaa! Ohhh well. They're just starting to flower. And apparently I took one clone and it was too far into flower and is budding in the solo cup. I'll post pics. Btw, I got these grow bags which have multiple drainage holes, but they just do not let the soil dry out at all. I have to repot them and go easier on the water. I got the gnats bc my soil was crappy and way too dense. I just never got rid of them. I have a bunch od other stuff growing with them so it's a bit jungley in there. I'm in the process od moving stuff around right now though. I have plants in 3 different spots.
I just remembered I found something weird with one od the big ones. I'm going to post that too. I think it's light burn but that's not really logical because they're not on the top of the plant.
Looking nice and healthy for your first run. The leaf in question almost looks like handling damage. I just dont see typical signs of bug damage. Never hurts to scope them for insects anyway. Emptying your dehumidifier can get old doing it twice a day unless you have a drain you can run a hose to. So I always suggest going with bigger reservoir.

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Was just looking at those photos of leaf damage and if someone hasn't chimed in I wouldn't say that damage is from the gnats or soil conditions. That looks like physical damage from topping or moving it around and getting pinched or something. Thats damage when the leaf was small and grew out.

I see that like two three weeks after topping em. First time I saw it I thought that was some bug damage too.
Anything big enough to do that you would see, like a caterpillar or grass hopper.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Was just looking at those photos of leaf damage and if someone hasn't chimed in I wouldn't say that damage is from the gnats or soil conditions. That looks like physical damage from topping or moving it around and getting pinched or something. Thats damage when the leaf was small and grew out.

I see that like two three weeks after topping em. First time I saw it I thought that was some bug damage too.
Anything big enough to do that you would see, like a caterpillar or grass hopper.
I can definitely see that being the case. I just didn't notice it before now.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Looking nice and healthy for your first run. The leaf in question almost looks like handling damage. I just dont see typical signs of bug damage. Never hurts to scope them for insects anyway. Emptying your dehumidifier can get old doing it twice a day unless you have a drain you can run a hose to. So I always suggest going with bigger reservoir.
Haahaaha! You're just being nice. I'm winging it as I go. I'm learning a ton though.

Top Bottom