Please Help A Brother Out

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panacea79

Panacea79

Well I don't have 'root riot' but I DO have 'rapid rooter' plugs or whatever they're called....So should I do the whole soak in a cup for a night, then in a paper towel for another THEN the plugs our just STRAIGHT into the plugs?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

How did you germinate the seeds, Root Riots are fool proof way of getting seeds popped. 1 out of 5 seems to be more do with the method rather than the seeds imo. When I started I had seed problems and blamed the seeds all the time, I then purchased Root Riot Cubes and must have about a 99.9% success rate with them.
I respect that method. But I'm 99% pop rate in paper towel ph damp and kept at 80℉. All my fast seeds popped. But we're meant plants. But @FrankieCoste and @Grow4me are the shit with fast seeds and soil.

Grow4me

Grow4me

I respect that method. But I'm 99% pop rate in paper towel ph damp and kept at 80℉. All my fast seeds popped. But we're meant plants. But @FrankieCoste and @Grow4me are the shit with fast seeds and soil.
I used rapid rooter a time or two. But I have no problem soaking seeds overnight and then pooping then in soil. I keep it wet and they poo up in 3 days.

str8smokn

str8smokn

You can just pop the seed in the plug and keep it moist. It should sprout within a couple days then you can stick the plug in your pot.
I've done it with a couple runs,I will probably continue that way. Less steps in the germination stage.
STR8

N

nudger39

thats what i love the root riots, just pop the seed in and thats it, job done, just make sure it does not dry out. I am very keen on simple solutions, so easy to over complicate things and Ive cocked up many times lol

Last edited:
Panacea79

Panacea79

Yeah, so I my last FastBuds GSC Auto ended up cracking out of her shell but sort of died on TOP of the soil; I guess I need to put the cracked seed DEEPER next time. Okay, next up was #2 of 3 of my Heavyweight Fast n Vast. EVERTHING was going good till I enticed that the tiny sprout seemed to be laying on TOP of the soil but I saw a small bit of white root kind of under a granule of perlite and proceeded to 'replant' her, root down, and, BY GOD IT WORKED!!! The stem kind of has/did a little loop and then grew straight up. I hope the loop/circle doesn't mess with the growth further down the road....sooooo, anyway....
On the topic of my germination problems, soaked the seed in water overnight, put it in between a moist paper towel overnight then placed the cracked seed with some tail showing in a tiny peat pot wit a mix of Light Warrior, EWC, and a little Happy Frog soil, about 25 ml of distilled water, placed the TOP of a cut water bottle (cap on as a mini humidity dome) and, **BAM** 2 days later she sprouted right up so....
...I'm hoping I got this germinating thing down now.
Well adios friends and keep em green, purple, red or blue but, most of all, keep em growing!!!

Grow4me

Grow4me

Yeah, so I my last FastBuds GSC Auto ended up cracking out of her shell but sort of died on TOP of the soil; I guess I need to put the cracked seed DEEPER next time. Okay, next up was #2 of 3 of my Heavyweight Fast n Vast. EVERTHING was going good till I enticed that the tiny sprout seemed to be laying on TOP of the soil but I saw a small bit of white root kind of under a granule of perlite and proceeded to 'replant' her, root down, and, BY GOD IT WORKED!!! The stem kind of has/did a little loop and then grew straight up. I hope the loop/circle doesn't mess with the growth further down the road....sooooo, anyway....
On the topic of my germination problems, soaked the seed in water overnight, put it in between a moist paper towel overnight then placed the cracked seed with some tail showing in a tiny peat pot wit a mix of Light Warrior, EWC, and a little Happy Frog soil, about 25 ml of distilled water, placed the TOP of a cut water bottle (cap on as a mini humidity dome) and, **BAM** 2 days later she sprouted right up so....
...I'm hoping I got this germinating thing down now.
Well adios friends and keep em green, purple, red or blue but, most of all, keep em growing!!!
Sounds like you did it! I'm starting a Vast and Fast tonight. Can't wait to see her go.

Top Bottom