Please help ! Depressed looking plants

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hi people, I've currently got 8 critical mass plants 2 and a bit week old from cuttings, I've had problems with the temps hitting 32 and apparently I wasn't feeding enough. I've got the temps down to a constant 26 when lights on 21 with lights off , humidity is at 40 % and I've started feeding daily until there is run off, but my plants se to be looking all depressed, a really light green in colour with tips yellowing more on the tips, droopy clawing leaves. Now from what I can see and what I've read it's looking like nutrient lockout to but I'm way too inexperienced to self diagnose for sure and I dint wanna make the issue any worse, so looking to yous more experienced growers for a second opinion, also I'm growing in coco on 18 6 light schedule T.I.A

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Personally i wud feed with a low ec. Like a mini flush.
Well I've been told off somebody on here that I've been underfeeding as I've not been having any run off so last night I gave them a decent feed till there was run off and woke up today looking like that, so do you think o should just give them a good flush?

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

What was ec of your feed last night. . And is that sone salt build up on top of the coco. Hard to see in the photo.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Few other things id do. Raise plants a little off the floor. So not to cold.
Check ph going in and coming out.
Chek ec goin in an coming out.
And mainly becus i think you got nute lock out mini flush not with just water tho.
Small amount of a&b

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Few other things id do. Raise plants a little off the floor. So not to cold.
Check ph going in and coming out.
Chek ec goin in an coming out.
And mainly becus i think you got nute lock out mini flush not with just water tho.
Small amount of a&b
Not sure of the ac last night, I've got it wrote down at home but I'm out at the moment, so when the lights come on I will give them a flush, how much a +b should I use ? I'm currently using 15 ml to 10 ltrs of water

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Do you have an ec meter? Ph meter?

Looks like theyre getting a bit too much light, not being watered frequently enough, and maybe not enough food. The coco should be kept wet, you never want to see the top of the pot go dry.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Do you have an ec meter? Ph meter?

Looks like theyre getting a bit too much light, not being watered frequently enough, and maybe not enough food. The coco should be kept wet, you never want to see the top of the pot go dry.i
I do have an ec and ph meter yeah pal, and I wasn't feeding them frequently enough, I was letting it go dry before feeding, so was watering every other day, it was PK1 off here told me that I wasn't feeding enough, so now I'm starting feeding daily till I get run off, when you say too much light what do you mean by that ? I've currently got them under 2 600 w hps bulbs is that too much ? Temps are okay though, should I flush them do you think?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I do have an ec and ph meter yeah pal, and I wasn't feeding them frequently enough, I was letting it go dry before feeding, so was watering every other day, it was PK1 off here told me that I wasn't feeding enough, so now I'm starting feeding daily till I get run off, when you say too much light what do you mean by that ? I've currently got them under 2 600 w hps bulbs is that too much ? Temps are okay though, should I flush them do you think?
How close are the lights? I'd have them about 36" away at this stage if you have them hung horizontally. The leaves drooping a bit just suggests they are shying away from the light, because it's too much for them.
Why HPS for veg? If you have digital ballasts you can likely use MH lamps in the mogul socket. I've used both for Veg and MUCH prefer using MH over hps.

And yeah, I'd honestly feed those twice per day, each time until you get a little bit of runoff. Feed should be around 1-1.2ec or 500-600ppm, ph 5.8.

Not sure if I'd flush or not, flushing can compact the coco and create channels that solution flows through rather than slowly percolating through the media. I'd feed them first with the numbers I posted, collect the runoff and test it. If runoff is over 750ppm I'd very slowly continue feeding small amounts of solution letting runoff drain and test the runoff after each mini feeding, when it comes out the same ec/ppm as its going in, stop feeding. From there, feed 2 or 3 times a day with a bit of runoff each time.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
How close are the lights? I'd have them about 36" away at this stage if you have them hung horizontally. The leaves drooping a bit just suggests they are shying away from the light, because it's too much for them.
Why HPS for veg? If you have digital ballasts you can likely use MH lamps in the mogul socket. I've used both for Veg and MUCH prefer using MH over hps.

And yeah, I'd honestly feed those twice per day, each time until you get a little bit of runoff. Feed should be around 1-1.2ec or 500-600ppm, ph 5.8.

Not sure if I'd flush or not, flushing can compact the coco and create channels that solution flows through rather than slowly percolating through the media. I'd feed them first with the numbers I posted, collect the runoff and test it. If runoff is over 750ppm I'd very slowly continue feeding small amounts of solution letting runoff drain and test the runoff after each mini feeding, when it comes out the same ec/ppm as its going in, stop feeding. From there, feed 2 or 3 times a day with a bit of runoff each time.
^^^ this. coco is not and should not be treated like soil.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I'm just using hps bulbs from last time, but they are only 14 inch from the tops, I gauged this distance using a lux meter 🧑‍🎓

jguit

jguit

Supporter
600w HPS, 14" from the tops? That's much too close, especially during veg.. I'd raise them to at least 24" (or more) away from the tops.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

600w HPS, 14" from the tops? That's much too close for plants that size IMHO, especially during veg.. I'd raise them to at least 24" (or more) away from the tops.
Hiya pal I'm not saying your wrong one bit coz I don't know nearly enough to dis credit anybody, but I'm reading conflicting things. Also cud this be causing the yellowing? Coz its that that's concerning me the most, but surely if my lights where way too close it wid be burning the tips of my plants 🤷‍♂️ like I say I'm not saying your wrong as I have no idea, that's why I've come here to speak to the pros

Screenshot 20211215 184320 Chrome
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

No worries.. What do i know? lol
No pal I'm.not saying your wrong at all, don't get me wrong ! There's definitely something wrong with them I know that much I just don't know what it may well be that I'm just saying I'm reading different shit

Top Bottom