Please help diagnose problem(Pics)

• Thread starter SodaLicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Morgan

Morgan

i was going to say it looks like a infestation, then the stress that follows. could also be some type of build up on the root system, reason im saying this is with salt build ups you see the wrinkling of the leafs at the tip first they still stay pretty soft so not crunch to the feel. id say do a flush just in case and some of these leaf that is really bad go ahead and take off so the plant can feed the healthy instead of trying to revive the dead. make sense? you will get it turned around just hopfully in time so no more stress dont need no herms :0)

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

i was going to say it looks like a infestation, then the stress that follows. could also be some type of build up on the root system, reason im saying this is with salt build ups you see the wrinkling of the leafs at the tip first they still stay pretty soft so not crunch to the feel. id say do a flush just in case and some of these leaf that is really bad go ahead and take off so the plant can feed the healthy instead of trying to revive the dead. make sense? you will get it turned around just hopfully in time so no more stress dont need no herms :0)

I had thrips from some "gifts" that i got, never again accept anything from anyone. I thought they were gone, then noticed a small ball looking thing on the stem of one of my girls. So I sprayed with Spinosad and hope for the best. At day 8 after flip things are looking better. I am going to change the res today and switch from the standard 3 part I am using to lucas formula. I hope that this will make things smoother.

Morgan

Morgan

sounds like you got it under control, best of luck to ya look forward to see this in the next few weeks :0)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I prune roots when transplanting, or with moms.

I haven't used a straight Lucas formula, in fact, I've moved pretty much completely away from chemical salt fertilizers. However, I know it works, as the ratios and numbers go, far better than, say, following the instructions on the Canna bottles, etc. I have used a modified Lucas using Floranova Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom, and I did very much like the results. It was VERY simple and easy, the only fuss was really getting the feed pH into range.

Mostly, I think it depends on the grower and that person's comfort levels along with how they grow that dictates how well a given feeding regimen may or may not work. It's a simple method of feeding that doesn't require a huge degree of tweaking for most folks.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I prune roots when transplanting, or with moms.

I haven't used a straight Lucas formula, in fact, I've moved pretty much completely away from chemical salt fertilizers. However, I know it works, as the ratios and numbers go, far better than, say, following the instructions on the Canna bottles, etc. I have used a modified Lucas using Floranova Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom, and I did very much like the results. It was VERY simple and easy, the only fuss was really getting the feed pH into range.

Mostly, I think it depends on the grower and that person's comfort levels along with how they grow that dictates how well a given feeding regimen may or may not work. It's a simple method of feeding that doesn't require a huge degree of tweaking for most folks.

Thanks I will be leaving for work mid april and wont be back until july 1st. These ladies are going to see an extra 4 weeks of flower that I normally dont give them. I am switching to lucas for my better half. I think it might be a wee bit easier to remember 2 measurements rather than 6.

click80

click80

How about the RH? I might have missed whether you fixed that, but I learned how much you can use RH not only to provide the correct atmosphere but to increase yield in some cases. It has to do with Vapor Pressure Deficit and fine tuning atmosphere to maximize transpiration. Couple threads on here about it also. If you are interested just google it, it will pop up for sure.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I am planning on getting a cool mist humidifier like seamaiden suggested, what size would you think I need for my grow?

click80

click80

You need to figure out how much air you are taking out versus how much you are taking in, and what the temp and RH of the intake air is. No humidifier is going to work if you are even close to taking out as much as you are putting in. I would think you have already tried adjusting things the best you can to balance Temp vs Low Humidity. Environmental control can be a bitch to figure out, especially if electrical cost is scaring you.

I would go back and read what Cap said on the previous page.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

You need to figure out how much air you are taking out versus how much you are taking in, and what the temp and RH of the intake air is. No humidifier is going to work if you are even close to taking out as much as you are putting in. I would think you have already tried adjusting things the best you can to balance Temp vs Low Humidity. Environmental control can be a bitch to figure out, especially if electrical cost is scaring you.

I would go back and read what Cap said on the previous page.

The problem is the intake air fluctuates from -40 c to +5 c. The humidity in the incoming air is less than 18% I can manage to keep the room at 30% and 70 f by adjusting fans, last night I addeda cool mist humidifier, and turned the intake off and allowed a passive atmosphere. temps went up to 80 but humidity also went up to about 35% I am going to run the humidifier with lights off and hope to increase it today over their dark period. Maybe once the room is brought up to my ideal point, it may stay there?? I hope anyways.... Plants are looking nice, but a little curl of the leafs from cold temps at night and low RH I think. Post an update with pictures sunday.

K

kushtrees

If your exahausting a lot during lights on it won't matter what you RH is at night, it'll all get replaced by outside air. If your not running your fans full time the humidifier will help a lot more.

I've never used one but you might want to look into a swamp cooler. They cool and add humidity I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and with supplemental cooling you wont have to exhaust air as much.

If your humidity outside is always that low I would make the investment in a good ac and seal up the room, best decision I ever made. I have total RH, temp and co2 control, plants explode once they get in there.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

If your exahausting a lot during lights on it won't matter what you RH is at night, it'll all get replaced by outside air. If your not running your fans full time the humidifier will help a lot more.

I've never used one but you might want to look into a swamp cooler. They cool and add humidity I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and with supplemental cooling you wont have to exhaust air as much.

If your humidity outside is always that low I would make the investment in a good ac and seal up the room, best decision I ever made. I have total RH, temp and co2 control, plants explode once they get in there.

I have considered this option. The more and more I battle the little things in the setup I have now, I am wondering if its not worth just switching to sealed next run. How big of a sealed room do you run, what nutes and strains are you using? Also what type of medium?

click80

click80

Swamp cooler is definitely something that will add moisture, they do have a point where they will no longer cool, unless add a water line and add chilled water, but definitely an option.

Sealed Room=worth the investment in low RH areas.

I think Cap gave you a link a page back to computing AC needs. Consider chillers also maybe, do a cost comparison. I would think in a ten by ten you could get by with 10000 BTU.

Hey, I would highly recommend making sure you get a unit that can recycle air, especially if you are ever going to add CO2. My first unit I bought was a stand alone, exhausted out the window, intake from room and even though it returned the majority of the air back into room, and I was able to get my humidity up, I started using a lot more CO2. Most bigger window models and the better stand alone models either give you the recycle option, or on the stand alones they do make ones that intake air from outside and exhaust it outside. Just a thought.

K

kushtrees

I'm doing 2 9.5x11.5 ft rooms. Each room has a 24000 btu mini split, 5kw, doing dtw chow mix with cns17, a1 stuff and caps tea

For 4 600w lights I'd say a 1 ton, 12000 btu ac would work perfect. You can check with cannabis John he has a grow room ac thread in design and setup forum. He helped me pick my mini splits, but there's a lot of options when it comes to AC

Also evaporative cooler=swamp cooler if your googling it, might be a cheaper option if money is an issue.

click80

click80

oops...so used to saying swamp cooler..sorry lol

Making first batch of Caps tea now. :)

click80

click80

My swamp cooler ended up in a trailer park somewhere...wasted my money in my circumstances.

Taking time and making right decision is really really important when it comes to thinking and considering all your options, enviroment is a biggy. imo.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My folks have a cabin out near Twenty-nine Palms and they get that little place FREEZING COLD with just a swamp cooler. Seriously, it's too cold the way my dad runs the thing. I like the humidity, but not the cold.

Perhaps a marriage or compromise between the cooling and humidity aspects of the thing can be found.

Rburdeaux

Rburdeaux

Those pictures look wierd to me. At first i thought it was ph but then i looked into it, and to tell you the truth i have no idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom