Please Help!! dont want to lose crop!

• Thread starter edux10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jansjukebox

jansjukebox

actually flushing will let you kinda start with a fresh canvas so to say. But i still say flush with phed water other wise your just throwing the ph all off again. Soem strands are definatly more nute chalanged. Big bang by the green house seed company always gives me problems. All my other plants are healthy and she's always got soemthing going on. Good luck bro

C

CanadianClassic

ya i use about 5ml per gallon of cal/mag bloom during flowering might be too much of that.

E

edux10

Results

ok, so i think you guys are steering me in the right direction. So i pulled out 2 plants and started to flush them. I just poured about 1/2 a gallon thru them both at first and i am continuing to flush with the rest of the water but from the intial flush i got some crazy numbers.

The water i flushed with was 7.1 pH and 0-5ppm RO water. When i tested the water comming out the other end it was at pH 6.0-6.1 and the ppms came out at 1800 and 2000 (!!!) for each. So i am guessing i locked em up right? the TDS should be nowhere near that im thinking.

So now i should contiune my flush with 3x the amount of water as the volume of the pot and feed them at just 1/2 of what the bottle/chart says? and then probably feed them again in a day or so?

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

3x flush with a 1/2 feed then again in a few days sounds good. Watch your new growth for signs of improvement in a few days. I would pinch off those really bad leaves so she isn't using the energy to try to fix them too

L

Lost

Yup, they are locked out. Something to remember for the future that cal mag lockout looks just like not nuff. Also lumen shock if often thought to be cal-mag when its the light..

Good luck with your crop and im glad you figured it out :)

E

edux10

i kept flushing now the PPMs are at about 500 each. so now i am going to give them 1/4 strength nutes and ph the water to 6.5 and give it enought so that it runs out the bottom and check that. I am hoping that the water comming out will be very close to the ph and tds of the water going in. I will get back with the results. Here is a bubba kush (one pictured earlier) and a snowcap. they are in different stages but suffer from the same problem.

http://i275.invalid.com/albums/jj302/edux10/CIMG3587.jpg
http://i275.invalid.com/albums/jj302/edux10/CIMG3586.jpg
http://i275.invalid.com/albums/jj302/edux10/CIMG3584.jpg

so im thinking at this poing that i fed it too hard, it locked up the ph, and the plant couldnt get the mg it needed. I think that would explain it because i am putting h2o with a higher pH that i usually do and it is comming out LOWER that usualy... and MG gets locked out at lower ph right? correct me if i am wrong.

M

Malachi

guess it was a lucky guess on my part, lmao, trust me bro I have fucked up my fair share of times, it is part of the learning curve. flushing is one of the most overlooked steps of a successful grow. you should start to keep a log of your feeding ppm's and your runoff's, it will teach you a lot about your plants ... try to flush atleast once every 2 weeks to prevent lockout and maintain PH bro

E

edux10

i am def guilty of not keeping enough notes. I have a book i write in but looking back i do miss info and i need to be more accurate. Thanks a lot once more everyone. I will keep everyone updated and hopefully my next pics are in the Photo section.

So basically i should be flushing every 2 weeks no matter what. I have been feeding some weekly for about 3 weeks with no flush. I think i even fed some of the small ones too early and this locked them up too! glad i caught it sooner than later, nothing worse than having 3 months of work burn up right before you eyes and you have no idea why and just have to watch it happen...

E

edux10

best i could do was get the runoff to 6.2 and that was putting in 6.5pH water in. The ppms from the runoff was around 550 now, and that was putting 250ppm water in (1/4 strength nutes and calmg+) keep u guys posted. look better to me already. I did 3 plants today, have about 10 more to do tommrow, gonna take a lot of RO water, haha

M

Malachi

if you are flushing with 1/4 strength nutes wait until your soil is nearly dry before you water again, and water with just ro water, you may want to try feeding every other watering if this problem continues you may have a very light feeder on your hands

another_sellout

another_sellout

Just getting back to where you said that you barely use the Grow Big- Grow Big is the base of the whole nutrient line. Without it you're not getting the basic nutrients the plant needs to perform its simplest tasks. Big Bloom is just a micro nutrient formula that's meant to support the uptake of Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom is the flowering formula you add to the Grow Big. Please use your Grow Big. The FoxFarm schedule's free online. It's a little hotter than need be (I run 4 gallons of nutes in 5 gallons of water) but it's about as accurate to a plants needs as I've ever seen. I also run the Open Sesame, Big Bloom, and Cha Ching with great results. I know that less is more with most nutrients, but I think you're using too much less. Run almost full strength every other watering and you should see deep green and no burn or curl under. Hope your next run doesn't feel this, too. We want you to yield, you know.

E

edux10

I flushed with RO water, i didnt pH it or anything, just added it. pH was 7, and runoff was 6.

I will for sure wait till soil is totally dry before i give it anything else. Im sure it will be a while cuz the pots feel really heavy now.

I have pretty much been doing feed, water, water, feed, water, water. but i will modify to at least do a flush on the last water every two weeks.

I am growing several different stains and at some point they all do it, so i think it is more my fault than a plant feeding issue. For instance, i have a blackberry that is pretty beat, it is about week 4-5 right now, not doing so good but it burnt up on my around weed 2, right after a little stretch, and the other black berry is going fine and it is week 3 going on week 4 real soon here.

B

bigrippen

have you checked the soil for any bugs? aphids can look like a mg deficiency.

another_sellout

another_sellout

You should try amending your "water" cycle with epsom salt. With the amount of water you're giving it, I'm 90% that your yellowing is a magnesium deficiency. You're flushing too much, and that CalMag isn't helping you at all. The excess calcium is locking out your magnesium, manganese, iron and probably some potassium. Use a teaspoon per gallon of epsom salt to help unlock everything and restore the magnesium every chlorophyll molecule NEEDS to exist. Classic cure. My Grandma used it on her roses. As for your pH issue, you should consider adding an appropriate amount of dolomite lime to your soil mixture to balance out your acidity ahead of time. Real low pH question: Do you reuse your soil, and is it a peat moss mixture?

F

farmerjohn

Did you say you smoke in the room? If you mean cigarettes, it could be tobacco mosaic virus. You did say it kills the plants, right? I smoke, but never in the grow area & I always wash my hands thoroughly b4 entering the room & handling plants.

Over watering could be a problem too.

E

edux10

i will try just giving it epsom instead of calmg+ on the water days. i usually wait for the pots to be real dry before i water again, but i will be careful.

Thinking back i have smoked a cig in the room now. I usually try to smoke weed or incents(burn those, not smoke,haha) to see the airflow. I will keep the cigs away too.

Im sure it is a mix of a few things going wrong, but they do look better after the flush and 1/2 nutes ( i was doing 1/4 nutes for a few but it was too hard to eyeball it when i was just doing a gallon or 2 at once and handfeeding). So I hope to be on the right track now. The burnt looking stuff has really stopped. I guess i am doing something right, because last time they died by week 3.

This is my first time using soil, before i used DWC and it was a breeze. Harvested a few times off that system, but i really wanted to try to give soil a go. A lot harder for me it seems, but maybe i am overdoing it cuz DWC i adjusted everyday.

You guys rock, i think i am on the right track now. Ill get some more pics in a week or so and you all can see first hand.

C

cheyenne

I havnt read the entire thread, but heres what im picking up from you: you are essentially repeating the same method over and over with the same issues showing each time. You add nutes, problem resolves, stop feeding, problem reappears....Id say you need to get onto a fairly regular and intensive feeding regiment of something other then just calmag+. FWIW i add 5ml/gl camg+ to my normal feeding reg....everytime....but i feed the piss out of my plants and grow some fookin trees....flush? yeah i flush for the last couple weeks before the chop.....YMMV

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Edux, you have been going at that soil too hard with the Cal-Mag and the nutes. Make feeding a once or twice a week thing and watering the mainstay. This is diametrically opposed to what cheyenne is suggesting, which should add to your confusion. However it also appears that you're seeing things really straighten out now that you've been flushing these girls.

In short, it looks to me like you're treating your soil like coco, and I'm not so sure that's really necessary. I think you can back off those nutes, mix tap water with the RO (50%-50% or so?) and use the Cal-Mag at a much reduced rate.

Hope you get them straightened out ASAP! Nothing sucks quite like facing a lost crop.

E

edux10

Edux, you have been going at that soil too hard with the Cal-Mag and the nutes. Make feeding a once or twice a week thing and watering the mainstay. This is diametrically opposed to what cheyenne is suggesting, which should add to your confusion. However it also appears that you're seeing things really straighten out now that you've been flushing these girls.

In short, it looks to me like you're treating your soil like coco, and I'm not so sure that's really necessary. I think you can back off those nutes, mix tap water with the RO (50%-50% or so?) and use the Cal-Mag at a much reduced rate.

Hope you get them straightened out ASAP! Nothing sucks quite like facing a lost crop.

Exactly. Pretty much the way i see it i have been giving it just water and a little calmg+ then it eventually becomes deffeciant, then i feed it, it looks better, so i figure the nutes must be doing the trick, so i keep up with the nutes on a heavy load, and over a week or so it becomes locked up. Once it becomes locked up, it looks similar to when it was hungry, or a mg deff so i give it a little (or lot im thinking now) more food and it makes the soil even worse, then i get confused because the first time the food helped, now it doesnt and if anything it makes it worse.

So less it totally more. I just see yellow and i think it must be hungry. Im going to be giving them 1/2 doeses of nutes for a bit and see how that helps. Im more used to hydro where you pretty much always have to be giving them nutes or they become flushed.

So I flushed them on tuesday, i figure my next step is going to be let the soil dry out obviously, then what do you guys think? my next watering should just be a little bit of calmg? or should i give it another 1/2 dose of nutes seeing that they were just flushed? Im thinking water and lil calmg but dont want them to become too hungry. I have a few other plants that have been on a much better schedule with the food. Let me get pics so you can see im not a total failure, lol

Top Bottom