Please Help - 'hot' Compost Mix

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northernpop

Northernpop

hi guys,

Please could you give me some fast advice. I've just mixed the following, two days ago, and it piping hot. It's my flowering mix for my 5 gallon pots.

Indoor Soil mix - Northernpop 28/01/18
Total = 80 litres (4 pots x 20 litres under scrog)

48 litres canna terra professional (60% total mix)
20 litres Perlite (25% total mix)
10 litres worm castings (12.5% total mix)
2 litres neem fertiliser ((pesticide/fertiliser/soil conditioner/biostimulant (2.5% total mix))
800ml Ecothrive Charge - insect frais ((fertiliser/soil conditioner/biostimulant (<1% total mix))
16 tbsp seaweed meal
60ml Garden lime containing calcium and magnesium

Will it take weeks to cook? I didn't think I'd loaded it that much. I may have to make a fresh batch without the goodies.

Cheers.

Happy growing !!

Rcubed

Rcubed

hi guys,

Please could you give me some fast advice. I've just mixed the following, two days ago, and it piping hot. It's my flowering mix for my 5 gallon pots.

Indoor Soil mix - Northernpop 28/01/18
Total = 80 litres (4 pots x 20 litres under scrog)

48 litres canna terra professional (60% total mix)
20 litres Perlite (25% total mix)
10 litres worm castings (12.5% total mix)
2 litres neem fertiliser ((pesticide/fertiliser/soil conditioner/biostimulant (2.5% total mix))
800ml Ecothrive Charge - insect frais ((fertiliser/soil conditioner/biostimulant (<1% total mix))
16 tbsp seaweed meal
60ml Garden lime containing calcium and magnesium

Will it take weeks to cook? I didn't think I'd loaded it that much. I may have to make a fresh batch without the goodies.

Cheers.

Happy growing !!
Hey what's in the Canna Terra? Is there uncomposted manure? I don't see anything else that would make it hot

Northernpop

Northernpop

Cheers guys. It just the Terra pro, not plus.

Yes, it must be the frass. The neem meal is also classed as a fertiliser, also.

I'll try gypsum. It's far too hot ATM to put roots in. They'll burst into flames.

This is what is what I used:

Natures Natural Fertilizer, Discover an Ancient ‘Secret’ !

neem_natural_fertilizer_pic1.jpg
The Neem Tree - Azadirachta Indica - has been used in India for thousands of years.

Freely giving natural medicines, soaps, oils, pesticides and fertilizer while happily growing in drought affected wastelands.
This wonderful plant puts so much back !

Our organic Neem powder fertilizer comes from the seeds after they have been pounded in the age old method to extract the oils.

There is no waste from the Neem Tree !

It’s high in natural nitrogen, potassium, phosphates, trace elements and sulphur compounds.

But so, so much more.

neem_natural_fertilizer_pic2.jpg
Included in well over 100 - and they are still being discovered - bio active ingredients are the bitter limonoids Azadirachtin, Nimbin and Salinin.

(O.K. - I went “Doh” too when this was explained !)

Then they put it nice and simply, these are natural insect repellents, stopping pests feeding, and their larvae growing.
Eel Worms, including them tiny Root Knot types, are said to be particularly put out !

Although Earth worms do seem to really like it.

No wonder Indian villagers love the dense, bug free shade of the “Free Tree of India”.

neem_natural_fertilizer_pic6.jpg

2.5 kg Neem Fertilizer
Packed in our highly exciting
and desirable recycled carton
- we don't go a bundle at
The Natural Gardener
on fancy packaging !

£9.70

Below is all the technical stuff, although as a totally organic, natural product,
different batches may vary a little from the detail below.

Azadiractin :Min1000ppm

Nimbin : Min 850ppm

Salanin :Min 1500ppm

Nitrogen : Min 4%

Phosphorus :Min 1.5%

Potassium :Min 1.5%

PH :3.5

EC(dS/m) :2.2

Calcium :Min 0.7%

Magnesium :Min 0.5%

Sodium :8(mg/Kg)

Sulphate :12(mg/Kg)

Copper :14(mg/Kg)

Iron :600(mg/kg)

Manganese : 22(mg/kg)

Zinc :54(mg/kg)

Silica :1.04%

Sulphur :Min 1.20%

neem_natural_fertilizer_pic5.jpg

Just as versatile is our organic Neem Oil .

Pet care and a pest repellent, as with Neem organic fertiliser we are learning more about the benefits of this wonderful stuff every day !

natures_natural_cycle_tag.gif

Putting something back - Organic, Sustainable, Biodegradable - Just growing Natures Way

Happy growing !!

Northernpop

Northernpop

I'll flush the soil with water too, before planting on.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Cheers MalawiMike. They need potting on, but I could use a straight mix of canna pro, perlite and worm castings.

I'll be flipping them in two weeks, I'd say.

Peace out !!

Northernpop

Northernpop

If you haven't planted then just let it cook. It will be ready in a couple weeks. Buy a small batch of bagged soil in the mean time if you have to

Is it a case of waiting until the compost drops down to usual temperatures (I.e. Not hot to plunge hand in) ?

Cheers.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Cheers guys, as an update, I've potted them into 3 litre pots (with a basic mix of canna pro; perlite; and worm castings; and a bit of the hot mix), and watered well. I also added alg.a.mic, biosis, and a mykos root drench. They've perked up lovely with lush green growth. The hot compost is cooling down already, so I should be good to pot into 20litre flowering pots in two weeks.

Happy growing !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom