Please help i have nitrogen toxicity

• Thread starter kyle57843
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kyle57843

kyle57843

They are 5 gallon fabric bags i water at around 5.8ph so even if its still heavy and wet do i water again but this time with nutes?

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Try a humidity meter with a metal pin to stick in the soil.
Cheap and effective.
Could be overwatering even though surface may look dry.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They are 5 gallon fabric bags i water at around 5.8ph so even if its still heavy and wet do i water again but this time with nutes?
Yes ALWAYS with nutrients.

So with a 5 gal you should be watering 1 litre of nutrient solution at about 400ppm right now.

Of that 1 litre you want 100-200ml to come out the bottom as runoff. If your getting less than 100-200ml as runoff you need to water more often but always feed 1 litre.

Also If not getting 100-200ml run off from the 1 litre then give more for that time until you get 100-200ml of runoff then adjust feed frequency.

Feed in the morning just after light on if only once a day

Last edited:
kyle57843

kyle57843

Yes ALWAYS with nutrients.

So with a 5 gal you should be watering 1 litre of nutrient solution at about 400ppm right now.

Of that 1 litre you want 100-200ml to come out the bottom as runoff. If your getting less than 100-200ml as runoff you need to water more often but always feed 1 litre.

Also If not getting 100-200ml run off from the 1 litre then give more for that time until you get 100-200ml of runoff then adjust feed frequency.

Feed in the morning just after light on.
Ok thank you ill give it a whirl as soon as lights flip on

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I cannot stress enough this is not soil DO NOT TREAT IT LIKE SOIL.

I'm feeding my plants in coco 8 times a day right now. Because they are in 1 gal pots... I keep the coco moisture over 90% I had a male that I just killed here is a pic of the plants and roots system on that male feeding 8 times a day.

20201130 175118
20201201 134953
kyle57843

kyle57843

I cannot stress enough this is not soil DO NOT TREAT IT LIKE SOIL.

I'm feeding my plants in coco 8 times a day right now. Because they are in 1 gal pots... I keep the coco moisture over 90% I had a male that I just killed here is a pic of the plants and roots system on that male feeding 8 times a day.
At what strength of nutes should i use right now with how small they are?

linde

linde

Try a humidity meter with a metal pin to stick in the soil.
Cheap and effective.
Could be overwatering even though surface may look dry.
I don't need a meter to tell that plant is underwatered and fertilized. Hands on experience tells me that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am currently using tap water its 110ppm from the tap i let it sit for 24hrs and put a bubbler in it. I am using flora flex full line up with botanicare calmag
Ok so take the tap water and bring the ppm to 150 with cal mag. Should be ample calcium there. Then add v1 and v2 in equal parts to bring ppm up to 400. Then add 1 gram per gallon of Epson salt (mag sulfate) make sure its essential oil and perfume free.

the reason I say epsom salt and not more cal mag is tap water is fairly high in calcium but low in magnesium. So we want to correct that ratio and not overdo the calcium in order to get back within a good ratio of calcium to magnesium.

Ph to around 5.8-6.0 and feed.

Notice the mag sulfate is over and above the 400 ppm total

kyle57843

kyle57843

Ok so take the tap water and bring the ppm to 150 with cal mag. Should be ample calcium there. Then add v1 and v2 in equal parts to bring ppm up to 400. Then add 1 gram per gallon of Epson salt (mag sulfate) make sure its essential oil and perfume free.

the reason I say epsom salt and not more cal mag is tap water is fairly high in calcium but low in magnesium. So we want to correct that ratio and not overdo the calcium in order to get back within a good ratio of calcium to magnesium.

Ok my dude thank you

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I don't need a meter to tell that plant is underwatered and fertilized. Hands on experience tells me that.
Good for you but i was answering to someone with a question.
Maybe he doesnt have all of your experience.
Small plants in big wet pots i would wanna check.

linde

linde

Good for you but i was answering to someone with a question.
Maybe he doesnt have all of your experience.
Small plants in big wet pots i would wanna check.
my bad...didnt mean for it to sound all cocky like that. just wanted to help the guy out before he loses his stuff. Carry on!

B

BroScience101

OK, I just thought they looked a little dry, are you using nutrients?

They def look dry.

I dabbled in coco and always kept it soaking wet. Used "heads 6/9" formula with every watering and it was smooth sailing.

DSC 0668

DSC 0669

DSC 0696

Personally , perlite has no place anywhere in my garden, wether it's peat , coco or top soil

linde

linde

They def look dry.

I dabbled in coco and always kept it soaking wet. Used "heads 6/9" formula with every watering and it was smooth sailing.

View attachment 1064446
View attachment 1064445

View attachment 1064447

Personally , perlite has no place anywhere in my garden, wether it's peat , coco or top soil
couldn't agree more. I've found over the years that light airy soil results in light airy buds. denser soil denser buds. I add 25% composted cow manure to my pro mix to thicken up the soil.

kaka

kaka

Supporter
dig those tiny ass plants out of those freaking huge pots
plant them in a solo cup for 3 weeks.
every issue you have is because of the excessive amount of media.

kyle57843

kyle57843

Problem solved thank ypu so much my man they bounced right back after i did what u said still a little droopie

Top Bottom