Please Help!! Light Just over heated or serged, and went off one me!!!

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

Please Help!! Light Just over heated or serged, and went off on me!!!

Hey guys, i was just cleanng up around the grow room and area, and i was aucally vacuming the floors.. as i was i had two fans pluged in, along with my inline fan for my tent, in one socket.. and in the other one i had a 24h timer with my digitial ballast only hooked up to that plug.. the vacume was pluged in an otherroom with 1 extension cord.. as i wasgetting close to my grow room, the light almost looked like a big shock, and went out, the fans and all stayed on, the 24h timers light is still on so no fuses blew, i unpluged the power cord to the ballest to let it cool down and turned fluros above on,

my question is, is this going to affect my light, will hurt th bulb, orfixture, or mst importantly the ballast.. this never happened befour, im scard, do i plug it right back in, orwait a lil bit and how long.. the setup is a Luma 400 A/C digital ballast HPS/ MH.. i have one cord leading from the light fixture and hood, to the ballast, the ballast is attached to a peice of 3/4'' plywood and hanging from the ceiling about 1 1/2 inch off the wall.. from the ballast the main power cord it 4 feet below the ballast plugged into a heavy duty timer that came with the light, and the timer plugged into a normal household plug..
i try to keep as much lights and power off while the tent light is on, because of that reason, now it happined and i dont know what to do!! please help...

C

caperfarmer902

well the light is back on, works fine, but im gunna be more careful nw not to have to much stuff plugged in, still if im wrong n this theroy, can someone tell me what really happined there?

M

moonie

count how mant amps you were using on that circuit at the time, if you got to the 10-12 amp mark on a 15 amp breaker, it would pop

hiboy

hiboy

If you would of overloaded the circuit, your breaker at the panel would of tripped as long as its operating correctly. A surge of power going to your vaccum might of affected your ballast. I would not use the vaccum with the light on or use a different outlet. Your dig. ballast might be a little sensitive
h

Top Bottom