please help me on compost tea

• Thread starter Thedoorz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thedoorz420

Thedoorz420

Hello all, So Ive been rocking a nice simple compost tea as a boost to my Veg+Bloom(dirty) regiment. once a week I make a tea in a 5 gal bucket that consist of:

4gal of water filtered though my small boy
2 cups of worm casting
2tsp of molasses
4/8 tsp krazy kelp
2 tbsp. Mexican bat guano
2 tbsp. Jamaican bat guano
and some alphalpha

I have had great results with this recipe but once my Veg+Bloom(dirty) runs out of supply I would like to be on a nothing but tea feed. I was wondering if any one has any recipes they wouldn't mind sharing and/or any tips for when it comes to tea Time.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

honestly, Veg+bloom carries all the essentials you need. I dont like making nutrient rich teas, i stick to a basic tea to help stimulate my micro life and roots system. IMHO its easier to run a base that carries everything and match that with a basic tea (pretty much what your doing except the guanos)

If you want to drop all nutes and use just teas, its better IME to make a soil that will carry you through the duration of the grow and simply use teas 1x/week to help supplement. Ive tried using just teas in a very basic soil to feed plants. I had to use guanos and manures to cover my NPK and trace minerals to cover Ca Mg S. it was a pain in the ass and i swear that brewing with animal by-products can make you sick. there is some pretty nasty bacteria that you can brew.

anyways thats just my 2cents. i know it didnt answer your question. however i do have some tea recipes that you can use instead of nutes, there are on my other computer and i will post them up if ur interested still. much luck.Z

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
So I do a compost/ewc tea about once a week. I use that as my 'water' in a feed, feed, water cycle. For one of those feeds I use an "top of the line" organic/vegan store bought style regimen. For the other feed I do a 'nutrient tea' which consists of a combination of ANY of a wall shelf full of organic amendments. down to earth and vital earth are two companies that come to mind when trying to think of brands on those shelves. I will use this nutrient tea to try and give the plants what I feel they are lacking from the store bought line... I would offer up a recipe but my recipes vary all the time and in the past I've had trouble getting into words what my knowledge of the amendments and experience doing things this way for a long time can produce. Make any sense?

PB

Thedoorz420

Thedoorz420

Thank you Both I think ill stick with the veg+bloom and simple tea I read up on how animal by products do actually get you sick and I sleep in my veg room and I don't need cave lung and all that Theoneandonly Z if you have a nice solid guano free tea recipe ya don't mind sharing I would love that thank you guys

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

my teas always change and i can mix different ingredients at different stages of plants growth. my basic tea mix that i use for the majority of the time is:

4 gals unchlorinated H20
1 handful EWC
1 handful Compost and or Gen Hydro Ancient Forest
1/2 cup Kelp Meal
1/2 cup Alfalfa Meal
1 Tbsp Azomite (not necessary, not even sure if it does anything)
20 ml unsulferd black strap molasses
1 Tbsp OG Biowar Root Pack

bubble for 24 hours
after tea is brewed i add:
8 mls Sea Green
1 cup of Insect Frass
4 tsp OG Biowar Foliar Pack

let this bubble or mix for a few minutes
apply foliar @ concentrate
apply as a drench anwhere from 1 part tea 2 parts h20 (1:2) to even 1:5 ratio
you can increase amount of ingredients for a more concentrated tea.

This tea isnt too crazy and allows me to maintain a healthy root zone. i do this 1x/week and have never hurt my plants.

Top Bottom