Please Help Need Advise

• Thread starter Saint340279
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Saint340279

k ive been making my own super soil and i was just hoping there were some profesionals out there that might have some suggestions on if i could add something else or anyhelp would be awsome i mean anything tell me what im doing wrong and right ok heres my mix

1 bale of sunshine #4
5 cups lime
3 cups bone meal
3 cups kelp meal
3 cups blood meal
3 cups dry bat guano
3 cups all purpose organic fertilizer (whitney farms life ling organic)
half bag of earthworm casting

And one more question just hoping for some good advise on preferred organic fertilizer and non organic fertilizer thanks guys and girls for all the help very much appreciated

T

thomas 11111

Check out Blue Mountain Organics. They are only sold on E-bay. Very affordable and all I have heard is good things about them. this grower uses them and seems to have good luck. Here is a video from youtube that I found in another forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNsrndIRY9I After seeing this I am ordering them for myself.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh yeah, get your BMO love on! I've got to thank Ohsogreen for that tip.
k ive been making my own super soil and i was just hoping there were some profesionals out there that might have some suggestions on if i could add something else or anyhelp would be awsome i mean anything tell me what im doing wrong and right ok heres my mix

1 bale of sunshine #4
5 cups lime
3 cups bone meal
3 cups kelp meal
3 cups blood meal
3 cups dry bat guano
3 cups all purpose organic fertilizer (whitney farms life ling organic)
half bag of earthworm casting

And one more question just hoping for some good advise on preferred organic fertilizer and non organic fertilizer thanks guys and girls for all the help very much appreciated
You need more minerals in there. Greensand, soft rock phosphate--those are what I'm thinking. They take time to break down but if you're working the web and microbes, it'll happen.

What kind of lime? Dolomite, yes? There is a whole slew of meals that can be added in there as well, but mostly I'm interested in seeing the major and minor/micro minerals and nutrient needs met before anything else.

M

mrbong73

I'm pretty sure the Sunshine mix is pH adjusted by the manufacturer so that much lime could send your pH too high over time.
Not sure how big the bale is but that seems like a ton of dry ferts. You could cut that with more organic material like finished compost.
Also you should use the whole bag of earthworm castings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom