Please help not sure what to do🙏

• Thread starter The_Herbalist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_Herbalist

The_Herbalist

So I've only grown photos outdoor and decided to try autos. First time with tent and light. It was going great I'm my opinion. Then I noticed a brown spot couple days ago. Last couple days I've been busy but have checked on through app and cameras. Went to water em and there is obvious issue of some kind. AC Infinity 5x kit evo 8 and S16s, genetics are Dream Beans. Using recharge and full line up of growgancia nutes in 7gal pots with bio flower 365 . Thank you in advance.

Please help not sure what to do
Please help not sure what to do 2
Please help not sure what to do 3
Please help not sure what to do 4
Please help not sure what to do 5
Please help not sure what to do 6
Please help not sure what to do 7
Please help not sure what to do 8
Please help not sure what to do 9
Please help not sure what to do 10
Please help not sure what to do 11
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I can see that you are working hard to keep your tent nice and clean. Very nice well taken care of setup.
Your plants look well taken care of. Well done bud!

How far above the tops of your plants are your lights hung. Needs to be 30 inches.
Would you tell me what you are using for a potting medium?
What are you using for water? City, Rain, Well, R.O what ever.
Have you ever ever tested your water with an E.C meter? Water TDS before adding anything?

Would you please take a little time and tell me exactly what you have been feeding these plants.
Start with a bucket. How much water. Then you add, ml of everything you add.
Do you P.H your finished solution?
How do you water? You got your autos this far so you can't be that bad at watering?
I'd very much like to help you but I need to know everything you can tell me k.
I don't want to be wild guessing and making your plants worse than they are.
Ron

Last edited:
The_Herbalist

The_Herbalist

I can see that you are working hard to keep your tent nice and clean. Very nice well taken care of setup.

How far above the tops of your plants are your lights hung. Needs to be 30 inches.
Have you ever ever tested your water with an E.C meter? Water TDS before adding anything?

Would you please take a little time and tell me exactly what you have been feeding these plants.
How do you water? You got your autos this far so you can't be that bad at watering?
Ron
I had to go help my wife close the bar. I appreciate this reply and will give you as many answers as I can as soon as I can deff by morning. I've always taken pride in my outdoor grows and trying give these girls there best Chance being my first run I guess I can say it's learning experience but really want then to finish as best as possible

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Sounds great. I'm in the forum a lot so when you have time will do nicely.
No pressure.
Ron

Pilted

Pilted

High light needs high ppm feed. Looks like it's lacking in multiple nutrients. Are you feeding at half dose? Or maybe a water water feed? Looks like she is starting to extract the needed nutes from the leafs. Look like upper leafs so would most likely be a secondary nutrient magnesium, calcium, sulfur, manganese. Could also be an imbalance in the PH of the soil. The way she is super praying in one of those pics differently looks like light avoidance she trying to close up to hide from the light.

I would check the runoff ppm, if high then probably a pH imbalance would need to flush and feed heavy next few feeds.if low then you probably need to increase feed. First things first though pull that light back a good amount until you figure it out

Just my thoughts on the info I have. For the record I am horrible at diagnosis so take with a grain of salt.

The_Herbalist

The_Herbalist

Ron
The light is 20 Inches above the plants it was at 100 i dropped it to 90 last night(maybe it's just light burn but thought that be more on the edge of leafs). Im using bioflower365 for soil and have city water. I'm using the growgancia line up I'll include pictures or video I have only given them hlf (1/8 tps)the recommended dose (1/4)of Everything. I've been told bioflower365 you shouldn't even need to"feed" an auto if in 7 gal pot. So I didn't want to over do anything. I mix a gal at a time and water each plant with 3.5 cup measuring cup. Each plant gets a full one and I just keep going around till get a few drops of run off out the bottom. I've never used"living soil" but have been told not to water to 10% like I would the photos in regular soil. And I know alot people will not like this but I've never ever phd anything. Both bioflower365 and growgancia say you don't need to and I've been told by many that it's an extra step most people don't really need to do🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️. I greatly appreciate your time.

20231201 120137
20231201 120202
20231201 120221
20231201 120239
20231201 120254
The_Herbalist

The_Herbalist

High light needs high ppm feed. Looks like it's lacking in multiple nutrients. Are you feeding at half dose? Or maybe a water water feed? Looks like she is starting to extract the needed nutes from the leafs. Look like upper leafs so would most likely be a secondary nutrient magnesium, calcium, sulfur, manganese. Could also be an imbalance in the PH of the soil. The way she is super praying in one of those pics differently looks like light avoidance she trying to close up to hide from the light.

I would check the runoff ppm, if high then probably a pH imbalance would need to flush and feed heavy next few feeds.if low then you probably need to increase feed. First things first though pull that light back a good amount until you figure it out

Just my thoughts on the info I have. For the record I am horrible at diagnosis so take with a grain of salt.
One of the plants has always been praying crazy hard. I even messaged the guy that "breeds" these genetics he said that is what I want to see. He said these plants love light. I've never used led in a tent so light Been my biggest learning curve. I should've just came on here sooner but I thought I could handle it and fig it out🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Screenshot 20231201 120927 Messenger
Pilted

Pilted

One of the plants has always been praying crazy hard. I even messaged the guy that "breeds" these genetics he said that is what I want to see. He said these plants love light. I've never used led in a tent so light Been my biggest learning curve. I should've just came on here sooner but I thought I could handle it and fig it out🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
There is an app called photone. It's free for Android and a paid app for iPhone, but it can give you an idea of where the light should be. It reads the ppfd (light intensity) with the selfie camera. I don't use the app anymore but when first starting out it gave me a lot of information on light distance and intensity. What did your breeder say about the brown spots?

Pilted

Pilted

The light is 20 Inches above the plants it was at 100 i dropped it to 90 last night(maybe it's just light burn but thought that be more on the edge of leafs). Im using bioflower365 for soil and have city water. I'm using the growgancia line up I'll include pictures or video I have only given them hlf (1/8 tps)the recommended dose (1/4)of Everything. I've been told bioflower365 you shouldn't even need to"feed" an auto if in 7 gal pot. So I didn't want to over do anything. I mix a gal at a time and water each plant with 3.5 cup measuring cup. Each plant gets a full one and I just keep going around till get a few drops of run off out the bottom. I've never used"living soil" but have been told not to water to 10% like I would the photos in regular soil. And I know alot people will not like this but I've never ever phd anything. Both bioflower365 and growgancia say you don't need to and I've been told by many that it's an extra step most people don't really need to do🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️. I greatly appreciate your time.
Living soil and any soil that has additives to keep the pH where it should be at shouldn't be ph'ed. Idk about that fertilizer but if it's salt based and you have not been getting 10% runoff then it could be a salt build up. Again yo test this check ppm of runoff, when a salt build up happens, it prevents the plants from using the nutes so the ppm of the runoff will be high.

Pilted

Pilted

When checking the ppm of runoff you wanna check the ppm of what you are putting in first. Then when you get the runoff sample out the bottom you subtract the ppm you put into the top of the pot. That's what was left over. Below 1000 you probably need to feed more, between 1000-2000 is my ideal location. Over 2000 you have too much and need to reduce feed. Over 3000 you going to need to flush. These numbers can vary depending on the soil, that's what I look for in a peet moss based soilless media.

Pilted

Pilted

Different ferts can give you different numbers also, so it's good to keep track of these numbers from the begining, so you have a baseline for what your soil and your ferts are normal.

Pilted

Pilted

My money is on runoff will be low and you need to add ferts. At this stage when the buds start to want to fatten up, the plant needs a lot of secondary nutes. Feeding at 1/8 th recommended dosage is probably the problem. But no runoff and a salt build up could look exactly the same. So if possible a ppm test of the runoff could help you determine which way to go. More or less. My guess is you need more, but again remember I'm horrible with diagnosis .

The_Herbalist

The_Herbalist

My money is on runoff will be low and you need to add ferts. At this stage when the buds start to want to fatten up, the plant needs a lot of secondary nutes. Feeding at 1/8 th recommended dosage is probably the problem. But no runoff and a salt build up could look exactly the same. So if possible a ppm test of the runoff could help you determine which way to go. More or less. My guess is you need more, but again remember I'm horrible with diagnosis .
Thank you I know the nutes I'm using are all organic. So next feed I'll feed recommended amount or should I go a lil heavy.. and seeing as you been so awesome how would you have your light distance and power🤔 evo 8 730watt greatly appreciate your help

The_Herbalist

The_Herbalist

There is an app called photone. It's free for Android and a paid app for iPhone, but it can give you an idea of where the light should be. It reads the ppfd (light intensity) with the selfie camera. I don't use the app anymore but when first starting out it gave me a lot of information on light distance and intensity. What did your breeder say about the brown spots?
He been at a growing convention all week in Vegas 😞

Pilted

Pilted

Thank you I know the nutes I'm using are all organic. So next feed I'll feed recommended amount or should I go a lil heavy.. and seeing as you been so awesome how would you have your light distance and power🤔 evo 8 730watt greatly appreciate your help
600-900 ppfd probably about 30-35 inches. The damaged leafs will be light sensitive and will probably continue to degrade hopefully not to many have damage. I personally would increase feed check ppm runoff and go from there.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I had a problem with plants praying to much when I first switched to from a mh/hps combo to led.
so much it was blocking the light on the colas. In truth exactly the same with the blistered brown leaves as well.

two things I changed the next harvest was the light intensity and addded cali mg and the praying went back to normal no brown spotted leaves.

With them looking the exact same very much sounds like your problem lies with not enough cali mg and maybe the lights to intense.

praying can mean stress as much as it can mean good health

Leds for some reason make them drink cali mg like no tomorrow

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Well I have been looking at the pictures you provided and your feeding amendments.
I still believe your plants are to close to your lights. The light needs to be 65% power 30 inches from the plant tops. In flower maybe a little closer but not much.

I spent quite a bit of time going over your nutrients. Man they don't give that stuff away! Looks overly complicated for my liking. As I was looking for reasons your plants are such a light green color. Light stress is one reason but I can see your nutrient line up is lacking a solid nitrogen base for the veg phase.

I see that the Potting medium has feather meal and a bunch of other amendments as well. I'm talking about some kind of microbe food / green juice other than the fish hydrolycate. You can pour a bunch of microbes in the pot but if you don't feed them they don't actually do much. I'm thinking, that top dressing with a quality Alfalfa meal from seedling stage threw early flower would be advantageous. Autos are hungry right out of the gate and this may just be he punch your plants have been lacking. But it's to late in this grow now for Alfalfa.

Alfalpha meal

At this stage you looking to provide a phosphorus and Potassium rich environment for bulking flower production rather than feeding microbes.
Fancy Molasses

If you warm up a cup water almost hot. Add 1 tablespoon Crosby's molasses from the grocery store give it a good mix.
Add to 1 gallon water. Add a little of your bloom mix and water your plants with this it will feed your microbe population
Add many essential nutrients and help with the oncoming blooming faze.
If there is any kind of deficiency this will take care of it.

The brown spots.
I have looked at those pictures many times and do not see the yellow halo usually associated with a leaf Seporta.
I would say it's not calcium related. Any chance you have a fan blowing directly on this plant?

For the most part you seem to have a handle on what your doing. Other than the light being close enough to stress your plants

Adding a nitrogen booster like Alfalfa meal from stage 1 seedlings threw early flower would help big time and if treated with a little respect. It will not burn your plants. Currently you need to watch a few videos on finishing organic cannabis. Give them Phosphorus and Potassium.
Back way off on the nitrogen and let your plant bulk up.

I will leave it at that for now. See what your opinion is.
Ron.

Top Bottom