Please help not sure what to do🙏

• Thread starter The_Herbalist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Totally disagree with the calcium
It’s the only thing apart from the light I changed at first and they looked exactly the same.
That's the best part of a forum like this. Lots of growers with different experiences. I have never seen calcium deficiency display like this.
I you have, it would not hurt to give her some cal-mag and see if the problem goes away.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Yeah I agree with that no problem as there’s no malice in it just different opinions witch doesn’t hurt unless you hand over bad advice witch I think neither of us have.
Nways that aside.
I think the light Intensity had a lot to do with it. good luck sorting it out I’m sure with your outside understanding you will

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
One of the plants has always been praying crazy hard. I even messaged the guy that "breeds" these genetics he said that is what I want to see. He said these plants love light. I've never used led in a tent so light Been my biggest learning curve. I should've just came on here sooner but I thought I could handle it and fig it out🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
that breeder telling you that had no clue, what an asshole..

B

bloodeye

600-900 ppfd probably about 30-35 inches. The damaged leafs will be light sensitive and will probably continue to degrade hopefully not to many have damage. I personally would increase feed check ppm runoff and go from there.
Hi fella, been reading some of your comments I might have missed something.

Could you help please? When you say 10% runoff, does this mean seeing 10% of the water applied coming out the bottom of the pot?
Also I understand working out ppm when making the feed but how will I work it out from the runoff (assuming I'm correct about what runoff is?

Sorry for the silly questions but I am very new to all of this planting stuff

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
severe light stress.
firstly raise the light!!!
also looks like incorrect watering habit..
no nutrient issue as everything had to do with that light so damn close and has been too close the whole grow it’s just. is as the plants health has weaken due to the stress of flowering and incorrect conditions that it can’t keep up anymore..
light raise it 15-20 inches, get your nutrients closer to balanced and feed low amounts as your trying to get a sick plant to the finish.. numbers like
1-2-2,… 2-3-3,… that kinda idea..
you don’t need calmag, it’s in your nutrient line up already..

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
There is an app called photone. It's free for Android and a paid app for iPhone, but it can give you an idea of where the light should be. It reads the ppfd (light intensity) with the selfie camera. I don't use the app anymore but when first starting out it gave me a lot of information on light distance and intensity. What did your breeder say about the brown spots?
I used that app.... it is not accurate... I have a Samsung galaxy z fold 5 with 2 different selfish cameras... I got 2 waaaaaay different results using 2 different cameras on my device

The_Herbalist

The_Herbalist

severe light stress.
no nutrient issue as everything had to do with that light so damn close and has been too close the whole grow it’s just. is as the plants health has weaken due to the stress of flowering and incorrect conditions that it can’t keep up anymore..
light raise it 15-20 inches, get your nutrients closer to balanced and feed low amounts as your trying to get a sick plant to the finish.. numbers like
I thought it was light stress early on but most everyone if the group "dream bean" said I needed more light. My first mistake not coming on here first🤦‍♂️. I have raised my light to 30 inches... not sure why incorrect watering practice 🤔. I allow dry back till they are light and water till I see water coming out🤷‍♂️. So are my plants screwed. I appreciate everyone insight..

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hi fella, been reading some of your comments I might have missed something.

Could you help please? When you say 10% runoff, does this mean seeing 10% of the water applied coming out the bottom of the pot?
Also I understand working out ppm when making the feed but how will I work it out from the runoff (assuming I'm correct about what runoff is?

Sorry for the silly questions but I am very new to all of this planting stuff
Hello. You are correct. Watering to 10% runoff is watering until you have about 10% of the pots volume in runoff.
This is used in hydroponic grows like Coco and other very open aerated mediums. Utilizing man made fertilizers.
Not Peat based potting mixes or living soils. The 10% runoff is actually an ongoing flush that takes nutrients in the top and washes unused fertilizer and salts out the bottom in an ongoing basis so no buildup occurs.

In order to understand this, you first need to understand what N-P-K are. For cannabis an N-P-K ratio of 3-1-2 is said to be the perfect combination. With 3-1-2 combination no matter what PPM of N you select the % of Phosphorus and Potassium will always be correct for cannabis.
3-1-3
9-3-6
6-2-4
12-4-8 are all 3-1-2 ratio fertilizers.

How to calculate ppm in liquid fertilizers.
Grab a calculator and a pen. Just start running numbers until it all comes together for you. I watched this video about 6 times.
It may take a few days but all of a sudden you will be able to do it without thinking about it.

Now that you can calculate liquid nutrients. Measuring runoff E.C.
E.C outflow test and logging results.

How to calculate ppm using water soluble dry fertilizers.

There is a lot of information contained in these 3 videos. Take your time and teach yourself one little step at a time how to do this.
Ron

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I thought it was light stress early on but most everyone if the group "dream bean" said I needed more light. My first mistake not coming on here first🤦‍♂️. I have raised my light to 30 inches... not sure why incorrect watering practice 🤔. I allow dry back till they are light and water till I see water coming out🤷‍♂️. So are my plants screwed. I appreciate everyone insight..
When mine looked like that they did produce less but made it over the finish line.
Good luck

Last edited:
Sunasun

Sunasun

3.5 cups of water for a 7 gallon when you need closer to 2 gallons to saturate all of your medium.
So, effectively you've shorted them 28 cups of water each watering.
So, vastly under watered, and over lighted, as other knowledgeable members have mentioned in their posts.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
That's the best part of a forum like this. Lots of growers with different experiences. I have never seen calcium deficiency display like this.
I you have, it would not hurt to give her some cal-mag and see if the problem goes away.
severe light stress.
Now I feel silly

I found something out last night that totally changed my view of what the praying was all about

Ok I got some bad information ( not on here ) on cali mg when I firsted switched I found that out last night.

It was never a cali mg issue it was the lights

Latest posts

Top Bottom