Please help quick

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

Alright guys, I just inspected my plants, they are 5 - 6 weeks into flower and I think I have mold, actually I know I do. I am going to drop the humidity as much as possible. I have two fans running now stop, so circulation is good. What can I do, please help me. I have a lot of time invested in this grow and hundreds of dollars spent. Please tell me what I need to buy, a sulfur burner is out of the question. Please help me you guys! I have some ph up. Please help me! This still in the early stages of growth so I know I can catch it before it ruins everything!

B

bluegrass

Oh and btw its powdery mildew, otherwise known as cobweb mold...:(

R

rounders02

what up Blue grass, that is pretty far in flower the advice iwas given for this was diluote baking soda in water then spray your plants with itor use milk and dlluote in water and spray plant that should help a little, or i use organicide that tends to work but leaves a fish smell behide for a bit.

B

bluegrass

I just read an article saying that you can spray 3% peroxide on the plants and it will not harm them. I am torn in two. I need to get this underway asap! What to do what to do? Thanks brother rounders!

R

rounders02

no problem bro hope it work ot for ya,i would try those other treatment first as them seems to be he safest route.

T

Thick Smoke

the preroxde should do the trick, allperoxide is is water with an extra oxygen molecule added. it will sterilize the mold.
however the loldy spots should be removed from the plant. and should definatley not be smoked.

G

greyfx

Blue Grass the easiest way to rid powdery mildew is to treat the conditions that are causing it. Its usually excessive mildew and well just plant genetics. Ive had some plants that would get it like crazy, others that didn't get it at all. I know that the peroxide works wonders, also you can be very careful and wipe the mildew off of each leave making sure to use a diluted peroxide mix.

Your plants are fine and aren't going to die right away. The only way your plants wont finish correctly is if it gets out of hand. To much powdery mildew can interfere with photosynthesis. Try to prune any dead leaf material and wipe down the leafs after you spray with diluted peroxide.

Also poor airflow like having to many plants packed into a small space or way to many leaves can also help promote powdery mildew. Take those steps and your plants should be okay.

Also instead of peroxide you can use baking soda, here is a link.http://gardening.about.com/od/gardenproblems/qt/PowderyMildew.htm

Note: When I first started growing the guy who owns the hydro store told me to try neem oil. Im not sure if that works but you could research or try it.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Dutch Masters penetrator and flower spray used as a light foliar spray helps alot .

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Good advice all around, try the Dutch Master products, they work.

Get the environment under control or this will be a regular problem when the plants start to look good bg.

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

Everyone's adive here is right on BG...

I've only had one VERY small bout with PM and it was my first grow, in a spare closet, with bagseed and a single 400W HPS batwing....No extraction fan and only 1 oscillting fan blowing in the closet and another small box fan in the closet... About as far from optimal as could possibly be.

However, I used the Organicide, like Rounders suggested already. It does leave a strange fishy smell which i didn't particularly care for, but it sure took out the mildew pretty damn quick. I sprayed my plants 2 days after the application of Organicide with plain water hoping to get any of the oils off my plants to be rid of the fishy smell and didnt want the taste on buds thats for sure. Organicide is really easy to aqquire (Lowes/HD) and also works great on pests, and took out the Mite pretty good on my recent run...

Like others said, remove any of the affected areas of the plant, and dont smoke those buds. The plants can be salvaged so don't start ripping your hair out like I wanted to when I had it.

Also, one more small tip.. Like others said, fix whatever is wrong in your grow space like the others said...perhaps you need better ventillation. But before you start another round of plants, I would wash down EVERY inch of grow space with a light Bleach/water mixture, to kill of any of the mold and mildew spores that may be lingering around.

You will be fine, and the plants will still mature, you may just lose some yeild, but hey its better than loosing your whole plants.

Good luck!

B

bluegrass

Solid my fellow Headz! I just got some serenade, and some peroxide. I sprayed the fuck out the plants leaves, top and bottom. I tried a few with serenade as well as a control. I will try some baking soda as well. Dutch master eh? Ill have to pick up a bottle tomorrow. I spaced the girls out tremendously and I relocated the water rez to another room. I believe there is a high rh swing happening here. I think the night time temps are way colder than the day time temps and it makes a high RH swing at night, (when fungi thrive). It was a fucking nightmare spraying the girls. I hated doing it to them but doing nothing would result in nothing. I am going to spray twice a day every other day for a few days and see what happens. Just to ask, how serious is this problem? I never had this problem when I used organic nutes...hrmm...:( BG is a sad camper right now folks. Tell me everything will be alright you guys, tell me it aint so...:(

B

bluegrass

Good tip my bro, I will sanitize the room asap...thanks bro, mucho respect my brothers!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
It'll be fine, you just need to put your environment in a headlock and watch out for RH. You're doing it all the right way bro. Got a RH monitoring device? I've got a cheap temp/rh digital with a remote that tracks the highs and lows of both.

B

bluegrass

I need to get one bro, I only have a temp monitor, but I am growing so ghetto right now. LOL I need so many things, ph pen, ppm meter, sulfor burner, proper ventilation. I am so ghetto right now but Ill get by with a watchful eye and an open wallet (to a certain extent) LOL

I have heard many good things about serenade on ic. I guess we'll see what happens. Thanks so much for helping me through this my friends! Much love brothers!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
My father got them for me as a XMas present (not knowing what I'd be using them for). That man is cheap, if he bought them they were less than $10. Job Lots and discount places are a good place to check for cheap supplies for ghetto grows. you'd be surprised what you can find at those places when spring rolls around.

B

bluegrass

right on herer! Yea I often shop at big lots and places like that. But with the way gas prices have been, and the bills that are piling up, there is hardly an left after all is said and done. Not for long, after this crop I am investing at least 1K for new supplies and hopefully a cleaner safer growing environment. Lets get xmas over with and we'll see! Ill keep you guys updated, thanks so much. respect!

P

ProGroWannabe

I feel your pain there bluegrass. I've always thought it was perfect timing that Christmas came right before tax refund time.....I suppose it might be a little better if tax time came first....lol. Either way, I'm glad they're close together.

B

bluegrass

No shit bro, I have so many nieces and nephews man! LOL like 8 all together. Thankfully none of my own yet. Yea, why dont they give us our income tax check around xmas? I have never thought of that before PGW. My old lady agrees with you too. :)

P

ProGroWannabe

Cuz then we'd all cut up our credit cards and Visa would fold! Lol.

B

bluegrass

That makes perfect sense to me, LMFAO PGW!!!! I just read your avatar for the first time bro! I always dismissed it for a set of bullhorns! LMAOHAHAHHHAA! Man I gotta quick smokin reefer PGW!!!! LOL:smoke

Top Bottom