Please Help? What is happening to my girls?

• Thread starter SoonerMike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoonerMike

SoonerMike

Hello All, Please help. New growth turning yellow from inside out , like an Iron Deficiency but it’s also growing deformed and starting to rip . Anyone ever seen this?

Please help what is happening to my girls
Please help what is happening to my girls 2
Please help what is happening to my girls 3
Please help what is happening to my girls 4
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Not sure...but the leaves in a couple pics look a little twisty...how's your pH, root condition, moisture level ..
I do the best I can to rule out all the basics first...
I'm just a regular joe tho... hopefully someone more experienced can chime in

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Broad mites, maybe russets, looks like a russet on your bottom fan leaf in last pic, seems to small to be a thrip.

Last edited:
Kepp89

Kepp89

i'd agree with bmg here. on top of the neon looking thing, the top leaf looks eaten into imo. how long has it been going on?

SoonerMike

SoonerMike

i'd agree with bmg here. on top of the neon looking thing, the top leaf looks eaten into imo. how long has it been going on?
One
Not sure...but the leaves in a couple pics look a little twisty...how's your pH, root condition, moisture level ..
I do the best I can to rule out all the basics first...
I'm just a regular joe tho... hopefully someone more experienced can chime in
PH was 7.8 in the soil , I flushed last night with neutral water hoping it was the problem. Thank you

SoonerMike

SoonerMike

It’s been turning yellow for a week, but the rips and small hole showed up two days ago. I checked soil PH and it was high, could be some kind of lock out ? I flushed last night . Thanks for the help

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

One

PH was 7.8 in the soil , I flushed last night with neutral water hoping it was the problem. Thank you
Twisted growth the top always check from bugs first; if you don't find any I think you're got pH fluctuations causing lockouts like you mentioned

7.8 is way too high, start setting your pH at 6.5 in soil, good luck!

SoonerMike

SoonerMike

Twisted growth the top always check from bugs first; if you don't find any I think you're got pH fluctuations causing lockouts like you mentioned

7.8 is way too high, start setting your pH at 6.5 in soil, good luck!
Thank you !! I just checked the PH of the water coming out of my tap and it’s 7.8, I bubble it for 2 days prior to using it but I had no idea it was that high from Tap.. I Got some PHDown and adjusted to 6.5
I can’t find bugs with the loop so I’m hoping it’s lockout. Also pickedup some chelated Iron in case its iron deficiency , thank you all for the help!! I’ve had a few issues on previous grows but never seen anything like this . lol

Mastiff420

Mastiff420

Thank you !! I just checked the PH of the water coming out of my tap and it’s 7.8, I bubble it for 2 days prior to using it but I had no idea it was that high from Tap.. I Got some PHDown and adjusted to 6.5
I can’t find bugs with the loop so I’m hoping it’s lockout. Also pickedup some chelated Iron in case its iron deficiency , thank you all for the help!! I’ve had a few issues on previous grows but never seen anything like this . lol
I believe You definitely have a pest issue there my friend! I would get some Nuke’em and start a once a week maintenance spraying of your garden. It’s not an en extreme infestation yet!! Whatever the pest! But you let those broad or russet mites get heavily populated and you’ve got a much larger problem that will be a pain in the ass to conquer!! Good luck😎✌️

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Ok

thank you, I’ll check in to that for sure!
I'd start with 75-100mg of aspirin to 1 liter of water in a foilar spray. Add a few drops of dishsoap, or preferably Johnson's baby shampoo to serve as your emulsifier.

Make sure you spray thoroughly and focus on the underside of your leaves as well. This will be a good start, the mite you are infected by utilizes toxins to feed and your plant is under a pathogenic attack.

Your plants salicylic acid pathway is responsible for pathogen defense, those toxins are suppressing those pathways. Aspirin is an analog form of salicylic acid.

After that I suggest a Pyrethrin product that is Butoxide free for a knockdown.

Then you will need to stick to spraying a miticide every three days. Essential IC3 is popular for this use as it relies on suffocants and essential oils. Typically will want to carry this routine for 4 weeks to make sure you've covered the life cycle of a simple herbivore, the routine spraying helps control population as eggs hatch.

Beneficial fungi is the last part to conquering those fuckers. Rotating Botaniguard and PFR 97 with once a week foliars should about cover your problem.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm not saying you don't have bugs in fact first thing I recommended was check but I think you might have a pH issue it which is causing that twisted New Growth and also that lock out looking yellowing

What I would do is make the corrections, maybe even flush the soil and see if that corrects growth before I started spraying a bunch of chemicals, unless you keep checking with magnification and find some eggs or some actual bugs that is, good luck!

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I'd start with 75-100mg of aspirin to 1 liter of water in a foilar spray. Add a few drops of dishsoap, or pref
I'm not saying you don't have bugs in fact first thing I recommended was check but I think you might have a pH issue it which is causing that twisted New Growth and also that lock out looking yellowing

Wgat I would do is make the corrections maybe flush the soil and see if that corrects things before I started spraying a bunch of chemicals, unless you keep checking with magnification and find some eggs or some actual bugs that is, good luck!
If you look close at the bottom leaf of last pic provided, there is a russet mite hanging out there in plain site

If he doesn't act fast those plants are toast

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If you look close at the bottom leaf of last pic provided, there is a russet mite hanging out there in plain site
I saw this but I'm not sure what it is from that pic, but if what op's looking for is that size it shouldn't be hard to find them or their eggs if they are there, again I wouldn't start spraying until I verified it

20200130 103729
SoonerMike

SoonerMike

I'd start with 75-100mg of aspirin to 1 liter of water in a foilar spray. Add a few drops of dishsoap, or preferably Johnson's baby shampoo to serve as your emulsifier.

Make sure you spray thoroughly and focus on the underside of your leaves as well. This will be a good start, the mite you are infected by utilizes toxins to feed and your plant is under a pathogenic attack.

Your plants salicylic acid pathway is responsible for pathogen defense, those toxins are suppressing those pathways. Aspirin is an analog form of salicylic acid.

After that I suggest a Pyrethrin product that is Butoxide free for a knockdown.

Then you will need to stick to spraying a miticide every three days. Essential IC3 is popular for this use as it relies on suffocants and essential oils. Typically will want to carry this routine for 4 weeks to make sure you've covered the life cycle of a simple herbivore, the routine spraying helps control population as eggs hatch.

Beneficial fungi is the last part to conquering those fuckers. Rotating Botaniguard and PFR 97 with once a week foliars should about cover your problem.
Wow,, thank you very much!!!!

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Wow,, thank you very much!!!!
Good luck, knowledge is going to be your best friend as you continue your growing practices.

Here is some good information to help you understand some of your basic plant functions. This doesn't just apply to cannabis if you work with other crops as I do....

...https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662895/

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

It seems like most of the previous replies have you covered, the leaves curling and the odd colors are likely due to the high pH. However, I've noticed problems like that in the past from inconsistent lighting conditions as well. Make sure your photo period is correct (18 hours light/6 hours dark for veg) and that you have no light leaks during their "night time." Good luck!

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Oh! And, if you have mites or any other insect issues, I highly recommend a product called Einstein Oil (neem oil.) It's an excellent biological control that will even clear up certain molds. If you want a good "bio-shield" (healthy fungus/bacteria) I can recommend Great White. It was the only thing that cleared up my rusty mildew problem when the neem oil wasn't enough.

Top Bottom