Please Help? What is happening to my girls?

• Thread starter SoonerMike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Anything that utilizes Beauveria bassiana tends to yield best results as far as healthy fungi. This is found in your Botaniguard products. If you want to save money, you can also find it on eBay as a product called "BB fix". This has been a staple of my outdoor IPM practices for years. Its best to rotate two beneficial fungi products which I use PFR 97 an alternate. These things tend to figure it out quick. Not hard to understand when you realize their primary feeding mechanisms break down your plants defense mechanisms.

This is why the broad/cyclamen/russet mite is a hard pest to deal with. All other herbivores common cannabis do not utilize toxins to feed.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

The problem I have with chasing nute, ph, etc problems when a plant is suffering from a pathogen or a virus is that your plant is already locked out. Until your plants hormonal balance gets back to normal, it will continue to not feed which means your medium will stay wet for too long and will induce root rot which will be the next thing you'll be chasing if you continue to top feed.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think you problems are mainly from a lockout, although an emerging bug problem doesn't help any. From my experience with spider mites (not russet mites, which might be totally different) was that it takes a while for the damage to show up and the plants are usually pretty big when it becomes apparent. Ph induced lockout/deficiencies can cause twisted new growth, which is what I suspect based on your soil Ph. Magnesium has difficulty being used if Ph is much higher than 7.0. I don't think the plants are big enough to be showing much damage from mites yet, but that is based on spider mites on the east coast. Most fertilizers tend to lower the Ph, so be careful that you don't overshoot the 6.5 sweet spot (which is what I try to get using Promix as a medium).

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
All I see is a FIM that's butchered some new leaves and a bit of overwatering signs. Am I missing something?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
On page 1 is the obvious sign of a russet mite hanging out on a fan leaf.

I mean, it could be but it just looks like a speck to me in the picture. Far cry from a positive ID in my world. It could be anything.

Is the OP able to go back to that plant, find that specific leaf and have a look to see if it's gone or if it's still there?

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I mean, it could be but it just looks like a speck to me in the picture. Far cry from a positive ID in my world. It could be anything.

Is the OP able to go back to that plant, find that specific leaf and have a look to see if it's gone or if it's still there?
All the signs of feeding are there, with said offender just chilling. All new growth is deformed.

There is a big difference between phytohormone imbalances and nutrient deficiencies. When people learn to tell the difference between the two diagnosing plant problems is easy.

Suggest you read the link I shared on page 1.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok so my question is, did the OP try to top or FIM these plants sometime in the past couple weeks?

I'm not seeing all the new deformed growth you guys are talking about. I see a couple deformed leaves where it looks like someone has pinched the top and in the process damaged the young emerging leaves, and thus they emerged deformed. In the second pic of the whole plant the new leaves look normal to me with the exception of the top highlighted in the third pic.

I could be wrong but I like to rule out the simple explanations first before cranking things up to defcon 3.

Last edited:
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Ok so my question is, did the OP try to top or FIM these plants sometime in the past couple weeks?

I'm not seeing all the new deformed growth you guys are talking about. I see a couple deformed leaves where it looks like someone has pinched the top and in the process damaged the young emerging leaves, and thus they emerged deformed. In the second pic of the whole plant the new leaves look normal to me with the exception of the top highlighted in the third pic.

I could be wrong but I like to rule out the simple explanations first before cranking things up to defcon 3.
This is why all the intelligent people are now working in the industry, and no longer here. A safe IPM is not defcon 3. All those products I mentioned test clean and are non carcinogenic. The pyrethrin has to be butoxide free to pass most states screening requirements.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is why all the intelligent people are now working in the industry, and no longer here. A safe IPM is not defcon 3. All those products I mentioned test clean and are non carcinogenic. The pyrethrin has to be butoxide free to pass most states screening requirements.

Why are you here then, smart ass? I mean you've threatened to leave in a couple threads now when people didnt whole heartedly embrace your diagnosis. Shouldnt you be out there making it big?

And sorry, but saying this is a case of russets will put the OP on Alert status red, when it could just as easily be a case of a sloppy FIM.

Last edited:
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Why are you here then, smart ass? I mean you've threatened to leave in a couple threads now when people didnt whole heartedly embrace your diagnosis. Shouldnt you be out there making it big?
I do fine, if that bit of knowledge I shared with you was too much to take in. It's simple, when your seeing symptoms of a virus or a pathogen you better act fast. Simple nutrient deficiencies or toxicities will not manifest like a phytohormone imbalance. When your throwing out "even" number fan leaves that grow out with mitten thumbs, or massively stunted or distorted growth, your plant is suffering from a virus or pathogen. Virus's are rare, certain pests create pathogens. You roll the dice...

SoonerMike

SoonerMike

Good luck, knowledge is going to be your best friend as you continue your growing practices.

Here is some good information to help you understand some of your basic plant functions. This doesn't just apply to cannabis if you work with other crops as I do....

...https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662895/
Thank you !!!

SoonerMike

SoonerMike

Thank you all for your help... the whole time I was trying to fix deficiencies , under higher magnification I saw that it was RUSSET MITES.... SMH
treated with Neem Oil and I can already see a difference in the newest growth

thanks again!!!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
My 2 cents it’s russets!
hit it with 22gram per gallon distilled water sulfur/ powder. Lights off
Liberal coating.
Repeat 3 days, 7days
Then wait 2 weeks normal feed and lights
Check for dead suckers! If still there , repeat the cycle. But if in flower it’s not recommended to use sulfur.
nothing else works irrelevant of claims, sulfur is the only thing that works.
And never use any oil based product for at least 3-4 weeks
Sooner if washed out with DI water 3x over a week then u can introduce your normal IPM protocol.
Cheers and please update
Jack

Top Bottom