Please help...WTF is up with this bubba? Herm?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Hey folks...I'm harversting my first ever grow right now, things were looking good but now I'm running into some plants that look crap...these are wispy and the buds aren't buds, all airy like empty calyx's or something? Don't even look smokable or rollable, don't even know if it's a girl...yes I did come across a few nanners on other plants.

Please helpwtf is up with this bubba herm
Please helpwtf is up with this bubba herm 2
Please helpwtf is up with this bubba herm 3
Please helpwtf is up with this bubba herm 4
Helpbubba
JH420

JH420

70 days...I'm gonna post up some nugs I think have nanners shortly...from different bubba plants.

B

bigErn

Looks like either your lights or nutes might be need to be a touch stronger or supplemented to bring in some more thickness. Those leaves are pretty light colored and the growth isn't very dense so that's my best guess.

JH420

JH420

I think it was a light leak kept the flowers from fully developing...seems the only plants like this were the ones right in front of the door, the ones further away have nice nugs. I knew there was a tiny light leak at that door thought it wasn't significant enough to worry about but it's definately no coincidence the ones near the door look this way.

B

bigErn

Ah, that'll do it. That would make sense of why that growth might have stretched or gotten a bit larfy. Bummer.

The second set of pics don't look too bad though. Looks like some things went well ;)

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Looks like bud rot. Sorry you got it , cut the affected areas out of green parts and hope for the best.

JH420

JH420

Ah, that'll do it. That would make sense of why that growth might have stretched or gotten a bit larfy. Bummer.

The second set of pics don't look too bad though. Looks like some things went well ;)

This must be it...the "larfy" plants also stretched more than the good ones.

JH420

JH420

Also want to note that the branches of the affected plants are quite skinny and weak...so is everyone in agreement this is was most likely caused by a light leak?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i would consider it being the case if you grew more then one of the same exact plant and they were feed and flowered the same and the other one turned out ok. was this bubba from seed or clone?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
on a side note the pre98 bubba clone will throw some nanners on lower branches occasionally.

V

Voodoo Child

Hey JH420, sorry to hear about your plants man. STILL congrats on your first harvest!

I'm running BK and getting close to harvesting my first grow too and to be honest with you, I also have a light leak 3 1/2 hours before lights on.., I've always had that in the back of my mind too that if it wasn't for that light leak my ladies would look better...

JH. What were the temps like day/night how was the r.humidity?

green bastard

green bastard

Looks like bud rot. Sorry you got it , cut the affected areas out of green parts and hope for the best.

where do you see bud rot?...lthere is no bud rot there what soever its a light leak probelm and they were not feed high enough....looks good though man not bad for your first grow!

JH420

JH420

i would consider it being the case if you grew more then one of the same exact plant and they were feed and flowered the same and the other one turned out ok. was this bubba from seed or clone?

Yes they were fed, watered, flowered all the same and all had equal lighting etc...I have narrowed it down to the light leak pretty easy that little light leak was always in the back of my mind, I tried to address but to no avail...shouldn't have given up so easily.

JH420

JH420

on a side note the pre98 bubba clone will throw some nanners on lower branches occasionally.

I was growing Swerve's pre-98 S1's. I have some that look amazing pics coming soon...I can see the potential of this strain in the hands of an experienced grower.

JH420

JH420

Hey JH420, sorry to hear about your plants man. STILL congrats on your first harvest!

I'm running BK and getting close to harvesting my first grow too and to be honest with you, I also have a light leak 3 1/2 hours before lights on.., I've always had that in the back of my mind too that if it wasn't for that light leak my ladies would look better...

JH. What were the temps like day/night how was the r.humidity?

My temps were usually around 80 lights on 70 off...50ish humidity.

I still can't say for 100% sure it's the light leak that caused this. But I'm about 90% right now. When I compare the dry weights and do visual inspections and smoke tests I'll know how much impact it really had. Right now I am estimatinging a 50% loss in yield and who know what in potency and looks. I'm really kickin m myself for not trying harder to fix that damn light leak. I urge yout address it soon as you can. But on the plus side for you I have a buddy who did bubba with a worse leak than me no problems for him.

JH420

JH420

where do you see bud rot?...lthere is no bud rot there what soever its a light leak probelm and they were not feed high enough....looks good though man not bad for your first grow!

Thanks for confirming that bro...I'll post up some pics of the good ones soon in my diary.

C

CAPO

If this is your first ever harvest period, how can you claim a loss of anything, as you have nothing to compare it to. Especially running a strain from seed.
You' re not giving us enough info to help you out.
1) are all these plants from seed, or did you veg out a seed and divide her into clones?
2) what kind of light did the "plant by the door " receive compared to the others, and what type/wattage lamps are in your room?
3) what type of nutes did you use and at what rates?
4) was this particular plant behind the others in growth, therefore didn't get a
'prime spot' in the canapoy?

I would most certainly take care of that light leak! Hermies and slow growth can occur with a light leak.

20north

yea its not bud rot some people are stupid and dont read posts. its because of your light leak i had a light from my dehumidifier and it was GREEN i thought it wouldnt hermi my plants well it hermied all my plants that were close to it :D and one of them was bubba kush but damn dude i would smoke every bit of that harvest .. i pulled my bubba kush at 58 days it looked like that but when it dried it looked like bubba kush i see on the internet

what wattage lamp did you use to grow it.. that sounds like a really 'Sorry light leak'

things happen like this in this hobbie at least your learned now! and its not mold mold sucks man people shouldnt throw up a solid mold card unless they think for sure it could be that...

hows your humidity in flower?

Top Bottom