where does your runoff go?
dont let ur pots sit in tubs or something

bicky studs

bicky studs

using ur tap water are rhe nutes clear?
i couldnt use my tap without filtering cause its high in cal

bicky studs

bicky studs

1.6 is petty high for that early. cut back on that 'light feeding' table a bit.
also you dont need as much af the additives as they say. halve em.... eg rhizo, zyme,boost...
its just throwin ur money away. that shit aint cheap. i know just went to the 10L :sweating:

J

Jungleboogie

Yeah I guessed from that other thread that higher ec run off is not right mate so I'm planning to flush and lower feed on your advice.

No I let it drain in to a bowl and then have the pots sat on little props to avoid them sitting in water.

Yeah it's getting expensive especially now I might only end up with a joints worth! Haha

Thanks for you input mate, I don't filter my water, just let it sit for 24 hours.

I'm thinking about going back to soil now.

Thanks again everyone

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Yeah they say u can't over water coco and bs I've done it I had to just cut back a little on how much water I used. However it's a great medium that lets the roots breathes well even when saturated I do believe it was a combo on this one based on your sitch. The medium dryed out and the salt was built up at the time? For myself a good way to prevent that was to flush every other 3 watering during veg and I never had problems under flower but I flush 1 every 10 watering at where I'm at and as of week two my schedule changed as each plant was taking it in differently some needed water twice a day some didn't now I'm in week 3 and 4 days and I have to water twice a day all of them. I would cut those leaves though to give energy for growth vs repair flush and see what happens

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

I feed them each watering. 25% would be max.

I use less in veg, and slowly build up the strength. But still keep a close eye for burn, but it really never does burn.

Also if your plants get dry?? And then you Feed Them??

You will concentrate the salts. And burn them.

If your plants ever get really dry, do not fertilize them, or you risk burn. Never let the pot get so dry the leaves droop.

I use a cheap Lowes Moisture Meter. Though Im in Promix BX. I use both the lifting of the bucket, and the moisture meter.

Meter takes out all guessing.

Wet is wet/Dry is Dry.

Never let them get to the Low Moist line on the meter. Always just slightly above the line
I also have a question about this. Is cal-mag plus good for clones and seedlings and should u still use the 25% strength ?

bicky studs

bicky studs

Yeah I guessed from that other thread that higher ec run off is not right mate so I'm planning to flush and lower feed on your advice.

No I let it drain in to a bowl and then have the pots sat on little props to avoid them sitting in water.

Yeah it's getting expensive especially now I might only end up with a joints worth! Haha

Thanks for you input mate, I don't filter my water, just let it sit for 24 hours.

I'm thinking about going back to soil now.

Thanks again everyone
dont give up m8 its worth it. just use it as a learning run, n lets make sure you learn...:D
im no coco pro but we do have a couple round.
i use canna nutes n run 100% coco.
fnd veg, dtw flower n fnd flower.
im using smaller pots than you but my fnd veg get 15min 3x day fnd flower 4x
dtw flower gets 7times all with plenty of runoff

fnd
SAM 1888

dtw
SAM 1889

veg roots
IMG 2138

bicky studs

bicky studs

im not sure id go flushing stuff....

i would make nutes @1.2..ph5.8 n feed with more run off. get things stabilised, coco is not forgiving like soil, get ur feeding regular and on point. hows your enviroment.... watch ur feed temps too.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I also have a question about this. Is cal-mag plus good for clones and seedlings and should u still use the 25% strength ?

Clones that are still rooting?? NO.

Rooted Clones? Yes.

Seedlings. Give 20%. After a month. Up it.

I start feeding when the very first serrated leaves appear on seedlings. I just don't give very much.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Also do you guys not think once a day in coco is enough? I'm in 10 litre pots and water 2 litres everyday just as lights come on.
Depends on ventilation, air flow and peak ambient temps in your tent or groom. I would go with less volume and more frequent feeds/water. Or at the very least check your pots mid day/ to end of light cycle to see how dry your coco is after that one morning water/feed. Again the balance your looking for is not sopping wet 24/7 but keeping your root zone moist and not allowed to completely dried out. Yes I have seen success with growers who have by mistake allowed their coco to get too dry and still had a harvest, but again if it happens often you wont realize the genetic potential of having a flawless grow with end yields.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Rooted Clones? Yes.

I start feeding when the very first serrated leaves appear on seedlings. I just don't give very much.
The clone is already rooted I've been watering with seaweed extract and recharge. I trimmed some yellowing leaves and it's starting to grow nicely just wasn't sure if to give it calmag

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Rooted Clones? Yes.

Also seedling is growing 2nd set of serated leaves. 6 days since it broke thru soil

1stGHgrow

1stGHgrow

I am old school.
Ive been growing weed for 45 years.

I use BOTH METER, AND Hand Testing.

Meter takes all the guesswork out of it.
I understand. Just saying, most of us "old schoolers" first learned basics. We didn't start off with meters for growing "grass" 45 years ago. But I do concede that a meter is an available tool at an additional cost that can help.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

im not sure id go flushing stuff....

i would make nutes @1.2..ph5.8 n feed with more run off. get things stabilised, coco is not forgiving like soil, get ur feeding regular and on point. hows your enviroment.... watch ur feed temps too.
But what would you do if you had salt build up? Wouldn't you want to flush it? And not with nutes?idk honestly if it is or isn't more efficient but I have seen from others and research that for salt build up flush with water and flush at least once a week. If you at nutes from what I gather you would still retain salt? Am I wrong?

bicky studs

bicky studs

right or wrong idk, just stated what i would do if they were my plants....

can you see salt build up?

J

Jungleboogie

Hi guys, I've flushed and lowered feed to 1.3ec and they seem to be doing better now so thanks, cut out the mag and also sliced the yellow fan leaves as they aren't doing anything for the plant anymore.
I guess I just got to learn from this one and take that on to the next grow.
I'm thinking of using a soil and coco mix next and keeping things simple as poss.
Sad to see these take such a beating from my lack of knowledge.
Hopefully I can get it spot on one day with the help of you amazing people

Nugteq

Nugteq

But what would you do if you had salt build up? Wouldn't you want to flush it? And not with nutes?idk honestly if it is or isn't more efficient but I have seen from others and research that for salt build up flush with water and flush at least once a week. If you at nutes from what I gather you would still retain salt? Am I wrong?
Sup growz hey I might b able to guide u on that flushing question answer. First Id ask how do you define salt buildup? What symptoms do you see in your plants how did you come to findings? Hypothesis is? So some soil growers flush differently, if we are talking coco there are different forms of flushing to bring different results.
1. Nute burn flush -Reduce ec/ppm by 25% when first noticing signs of burnt leaf tips.
2. Nute lockout- flushing 2x medium volume of coco with regular base no additives ph 5.8 @ 60% nutes. This is my reset button; this flush still has no less than 50% base nutes. With coco I have found you must always have sufficient nutrients to provide your plant in coco each and every time you feed. Soil less like hydro. Asking for problems flushing low ppm/ec in any stage except for final flush.
3. Final Flush - when you decide to begin final flush end of flower you can use tap un phed or ro water un phed or 0ppms to 300ppm would still get you there.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Yeah I hope they spring back for you.if you go coco mixed your gonna have to treat it like dirt. Maybe use earthworm castings instead? That way you can still apply hydro nutes normaly.

Top Bottom