Please help

• Thread starter Newbie2019
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aamash09

Molasses is just Potash right? Can I foliar feed with the buddha bloom?
I grow only organic,so I'm not really familiar with store bought products the molasses can do wonders one tablespoon per gallon you can brew or just water it directly

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have checked my runoff ph for along time. I always ph to 6.5 when watering or feeding as well. I have never checked PPM before I just bought a meter for that now though and will be checking it from now on.
Well I'm not disagreeing, but I never had my pH locked like that until I started using Dolomite, I still agree with the consensus above that you've got a lockout going on so that would mean that either your pH is not what you think it is or your PPM is very high, or likely both. I've also seen damaged like yours from pH swings. Regardless get an accurate pH & ppm reading, maybe do a slurry test for better accuracy and let us know your numbers and maybe somebody can help, good luck!

Newbie2019

Newbie2019

Well I'm not disagreeing, but I never had my pH locked like that until I started using Dolomite, I still agree with the consensus above that you've got a lockout going on so that would mean that either your pH is not what you think it is or your PPM is very high, or likely both. I've also seen damaged like yours from pH swings. Regardless get a square reading maybe do a slurry test for better accuracy and let us know your numbers and maybe somebody can help, good luck!
What exactly is a slurry test?

Newbie2019

Newbie2019

To late to fix now... Plant had bud rot and I would cut her down and pitch it.
So the flowers are not any good at all now? If I was to harvest now? The flowers are all fine it’s all the leaves that is bad. What do you think caused the bud rot?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So the flowers are not any good at all now? If I was to harvest now? The flowers are all fine it’s all the leaves that is bad. What do you think caused the bud rot?
Bud rot is not Leaf rot; Bud rot is Bud rot. In those pictures those buds don't look good, can you get clear closer pictures of the bud

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What exactly IS bud rot? Is it a specific pathogen, it is just a general fungus infection, what are the common signs? I have heard a lot about bud rot but I'm not sure what it is describing other than bad buds. I had an unusual "something" on one of my GG4 colas, although there was no purple discoloration or other issues. It was difficult to look at... by that I mean that it's appearance seemed almost holographic. When you went to touch it, there wasn't anything there but when you looked into the bud again, the whitish holographic patch seemed to come and go. I have never seen anything like this in 35 years and I'm not sure what the issue is. The buds seemed fine and there was no trace after drying... only when it was still growing/flowering. Any idea WTF this might be? It looked a little like a small patch of mold buried deep in the bud, but my Rh was around 30% and I had no issues on any other plants or branches.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What exactly IS bud rot? Is it a specific pathogen, it is just a general fungus infection, what are the common signs? I have heard a lot about bud rot but I'm not sure what it is describing other than bad buds. I had an unusual "something" on one of my GG4 colas, although there was no purple discoloration or other issues. It was difficult to look at... by that I mean that it's appearance seemed almost holographic. When you went to touch it, there wasn't anything there but when you looked into the bud again, the whitish holographic patch seemed to come and go. I have never seen anything like this in 35 years and I'm not sure what the issue is. The buds seemed fine and there was no trace after drying... only when it was still growing/flowering. Any idea WTF this might be? It looked a little like a small patch of mold buried deep in the bud, but my Rh was around 30% and I had no issues on any other plants or branches.
Botrytis blight. It's a fungal infection and I'm sure there are many types of fungus that can cause it.

You can see the excessive die back of pistils. Not the typical turning orange but brown and dying. The darkening or purpling of the entire bud and grey mold.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Botrytis blight. It's a fungal infection and I'm sure there are many types of fungus that can cause it.

You can see the excessive die back of pistils. Not the typical turning orange but brown and dying. The darkening or purpling of the entire bud and grey mold.
That doesn't sound like what I saw, but it was hard to see... it was almst like an optical distortion. When I tried to touch the whitish area, there wasn't anything there... no webbing, no residue... and it seemed to disappear if you looked at it a certain way. No browning of pistils, no purple. It looked like white mold, but seemed to disappear when you tried to touch it. FWIW, it was only in te very middle of the cola, deep in the center of it. Strange!

Last edited:
Newbie2019

Newbie2019

Ok so I watered with just PH’d to 6.3 plain water with a ppm of 43 going in and a ppm of 649 run of and runoff ph of 6.3.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so I watered with just PH’d to 6.3 plain water with a ppm of 43 going in and a ppm of 649 run of and runoff ph of 6.3.
Sounds like you burnt her up. I'm pretty sure she has bud rot though. Maybe some are ok but I don't think I would risk it.

Newbie2019

Newbie2019

Sounds like you burnt her up. I'm pretty sure she has bud rot though. Maybe some are ok but I don't think I would risk it.
I am most likely going to toss her but I am trying to learn from my mistakes on the next grow so this doesn't happen again. What does the ppm runoff at 649 say to you?
Way to much nute build up in the soil?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am most likely going to toss her but I am trying to learn from my mistakes on the next grow so this doesn't happen again. What does the ppm runoff at 649 say to you?
Way to much nute build up in the soil?
yeah i think that's exactly what happened. Severe lockout and root damage

Top Bottom