Please Help

• Thread starter methheadman88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
methheadman88

methheadman88

Hi,

One of my plants was growing much slower than the other, so I adjusted the height of my LED light to be closer to the seedling. Now the cotyledons are yellow and a bit shriveled. I raised the light back up, but is the damage permanent? Have I killed my seedling?

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Photos? Cotyledons will naturally fade and shrivel over time. How many sets of leaves?

methheadman88

methheadman88

No true leaves have sprouted yet. I'll grab a photo and be back.

methheadman88

methheadman88

This is the other one. There is some damage due to a botched transplant.

IMG 2590
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
This is like really lame telemedicine. Where you better hurry before the remote expert wanders off from the wait.

Doesn't look good, IMHO. This is deathwatch material if ya ask me.

The second sample looks ok.

methheadman88

methheadman88

Does the stem produce any photosynthetic activity? I'm thinking of removing some soil around the stem.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Yellow cotyledons are a bad start if primary leaves haven't emerged. It usually doesn't go well if this goes badly. There is something not happy, usually a root or fungus issue.

methheadman88

methheadman88

It was looking good until I brought the COB LED like 6 to 8 inches from the seedling. I keep killing life due to my impatience. Growing is so hard.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Does the stem produce any photosynthetic activity? I'm thinking of removing some soil around the stem.

Nice try, says the reaper.

I'd say no. not gonna help much. Steep sides, this cup has. Close to not being anymore, I'd say.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
So. You probably should be sprouting on a window sill or something (depending on where you are). Getting a seedling environment right can be hard. This takes more skill indoors than most people realize at first. It becomes important to learn from mistakes, move on and try again.

methheadman88

methheadman88

Is direct sunlight too strong? I'll try to cut the sides of the cup and place it outside.

IMG 2592
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If you only have a indoor light to use you can pop a white polystyrene coffee cup with a few small holes in the base , drop you bean in the seed raising mix and turn cup upside down over the seed this creates a gentle warm white translucent light seeds really do not need direct light to germinate .

Reactions: Ina
methheadman88

methheadman88

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out. I could probably just dim the light though.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You can also get the plant up off the tent floor creat a good air gap under them . If you are going to use drip trays use pot risers in trays keep plant roots dryer warmer aids in good drainage keeping the plant healthy .

Reactions: Ina
methheadman88

methheadman88

Do I need to buy pot risers or can I prop it up on something? I have some bricks.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Do I need to buy pot risers or can I prop it up on something? I have some bricks.
I bought some from our super huge hardware store Bunnings , I’m guessing your in the States you could tr6 a garden nursery, I think bricks will just be as cold in my opinion, I made my racks from my wife’s cake racks I sprayed white and use small square pots to sit them on and blocks polystyrene about 10 cm thick the cake trays work well there square and fit the tents great .

Latest posts

Top Bottom