Please!!! I Need help with my 1st auto plants!!! My green thumb isnt being so green :(

• Thread starter Lulubutler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lulubutler

NEED HELP PLEASE !! It's my first auto grow I have 2 red poison autos 6 low ryder 1 fruit punch ..... I just got my replacement of the low ryder 5 pack the one seedling with just one leaf was one of the bad seeds they had to replace the new seeds have cracked opened and the root is just starting to come out , n I didn't want to chance damaging any Lil root hairs so I didn't give theme the chance to come out of the seeds and stick to the paper towel so I have 4 of them in the rockwool with the clay pebbles and temporarily dwc bucket I used just a little bit of the worm casting tea that comes in the dryed up pellet and hydrofarm to keep the bucket clean i went ahead n put them under 800w light to stop them from stretching with 5Ă—5w blue led light. First day of germination was June 10th so there almost 3 weeks old... I thought they only took 6 weeks if so im not gonna get more than a gram or 2 off each plant someone please help I think I'm goin to go ahead n start feeding them rather advance nutrients or general hydroponic micro, grow, n bloom what's the best ppm for autos ? Dos the res temp and room temp really effect the yield that much ,if there are roots hanging out of net basket should the water still be high enough the clay pebbles are still in the water? When I check my ppm after a few days should it still be the same as when I first made the resever water or should the ppm drop or rise? If the ppm is staying the same should I still change the water after a week? What's the best light schedule ? Any other advice about how getting better yield would be awesome to thank u in advance for any information

Please i need help with my 1st auto plants my green thumb isnt being so green
Please i need help with my 1st auto plants my green thumb isnt being so green 2
Please i need help with my 1st auto plants my green thumb isnt being so green 3
Please i need help with my 1st auto plants my green thumb isnt being so green 4
Please i need help with my 1st auto plants my green thumb isnt being so green 5
Please i need help with my 1st auto plants my green thumb isnt being so green 6
Please i need help with my 1st auto plants my green thumb isnt being so green 7
Please i need help with my 1st auto plants my green thumb isnt being so green 8
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I cant help with the hydro but a good tip i got was to taproot seeds in moist coffee filters. They dont stick.

L

Lulubutler

OK awesome I hope mine are gonna make it in kinda scared there not gonna fully pop open since I didn't do the paper towel methade.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I had a little difficulty reading your initial post as it sort of rambled a little. How did you sprout the seeds? I usually use a paper towel and cut the towel around the root if it sticks. Your plants should be much larger at 3 weeks, and I don't know how much feeding them will help, but I'm not a hydro guy and could be totally wrong in my assessment. You are correct in trying to avoid any injuries to the new root and seedling, since they are so easily damaged. Your plants don't look like they are starving for light, but they are still undersized in my opinion. I'm wondering why they aren't a little larger?

L

Lulubutler

Do u think it could be the temp and the worm casting tea iv been using ? I checked on them today and 2 are starting to turn yellowish on the 2 bottom sets of leafs ?

20190630 162822
20190630 162809
20190630 162833
20190630 162838
Wolfe

Wolfe

You don’t need 800watts to prevent seedlings from stretching. I use a t5 with no problems. Super easy to start plants and even veg them.
The t5 keeps the nodes nice and close together while under it. The mix you’re using I have no idea about. I suspect you need to keep your ppm very low at this point.

Reactions: Ina
L

Lulubutler

That picture was b4 I started nutes I just put a little bit of worm casting tea in the res water I just redid my water with advance nutrients and my ppm is at 313 u think that will be ok? And do u think I should use a smaller light?

m8ty

m8ty

Why are you using organic food are you growing in soil? You have to feed 'em hydroponic food so they get all the nutrients right away, also you need to add soluble microbes and pH your feed reservoir every time you change the water, usually once every two weeks in veg and once a week in flower and the LED needs to be far from those tiny plants or else they will be miniaturized. Not sure if you are new to growing or just your first Autos but the fastest way for a noob to kill their plants is growing in hydro and LED so be careful, the Autos veg for Six weeks and will start to auto flower and the flower period should be 8 weeks so you're looking at 14 weeks and not six like your expecting.

L

Lulubutler

Why are you using organic food are you growing in soil? You have to feed 'em hydroponic food so they get all the nutrients right away, also you need to add soluble microbes and pH your feed reservoir every time you change the water, usually once every two weeks in veg and once a week in flower and the LED needs to be far from those tiny plants or else they will be miniaturized. Not sure if you are new to growing or just your first Autos but the fastest way for a noob to kill their plants is growing in hydro and LED so be careful, the Autos veg for Six weeks and will start to auto flower and the flower period should be 8 weeks so you're looking at 14 weeks and not six like your expecting.

Thank u for being straight up n not sugar coating it.... I can understand what I'm doing wrong that way lol but anyways..... They told me it was good for seedlings cause u can't over feed them with it.... I changed my water and put advanced nutrients hydroponic food in it my tds is 313 I check my pH every day try to keep it around 5.7 no higher then 6.0 iv had 5 seed's that poped open but stopped growing they look like a mouth with a little toung sticking out any clue why they might of stopped growing ? Could it be the seed it self? Also my biggest concern right now is 1 of my plants is staying a little brown at the bottom where its coming out of the Rockwool it even looks a little skinner at the bottom ? What can I do to fix it .... my Rockwood is wet from the bubble splashing up should I lower my water ? I made a homemade water chiller wich is working great my water is down to like 70 now it was getting around 75 some days 90°F but the room is still staying around the 85°F is that going to be a proublem also? Also thank god it's not 6 weeks I was really worried about that I was just going off of what the website said but they might of been talking about the flowering time

20190701 052744
20190701 052804
20190701 052744
20190702 034130
20190702 034139
20190702 034104
20190702 034230
20190702 034145
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

First off if your growing red dwarf by Buddha those seeds are barely stable they have only been brought to f2 so each plant is going to be different, 2 you don't give 1/8 of nutrients as a photoperiod super easy to burn, an auto does not run like a photo, the best ones pop stop and grow slowly and stedaley until there root system develops , around day 21 depending on strain health of plant and size of pot, by day 21 your leaves should spread out over the side of your pot, around day 21 your auto should hit a growth spurt growing almost a set of leaves a day, again strain dependent this spurt usually lasts 12 days then your auto will slow considerably slowly growing flower till it tops off around day 50, at this point i flush plant add bloom nutrients and put plants under bloom light , first pic is the larger of my red dwarfs will chop tommorow, note how the red dwarfs are so unstable i have 2 different plants .

20190628 180716
20190702 090833
20190702 090626
L

Lulubutler

What do yall think is wrong with my plant that looks brown on the base ?really need some opining's b4 it dies!!! Please

20190702 055452
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What do yall think is wrong with my plant that looks brown on the base ?really need some opining's b4 it dies!!! Please

Damping off disease. Only a matter of time before they're flopped over imho.

We used to be able to buy a product called no damp that worked to treat it, but cant get it in Canada anymore.
Needs a fungicide suitable for treating fusarium and pythium to stop it from killing the plant.

Last edited:
L

Lulubutler

Noooo dang that sucks is there any home remedy's anything I can do to help it or prevent it any home remedies ? What do I need to order ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Noooo dang that sucks is there any home remedy's anything I can do to help it or prevent it any home remedies ? What do I need to order ?

Honestly, once you have damping off you cant really save the seedling. You can only prevent the others from getting it. It's usually caused by pythium or fusarium so I would use something like banner maxx or instrata. I'm not sure what you can get,where do you live?

L

Lulubutler

Live in Florida I heard. Cinnamon could help? Can I order the banner maxx from ebay?

L

Lulubutler

That's why I use dirt, no offence.
I had 2 growing In dirt 1 died the other is doing very well ... I wanted to do hydroponic cause I keep hearing how much more yield u get and how much faster everything grows but next go around I'm most definitely doin dirt just suck's cause it takes me forever to save up to get good seeds... being some what of an adult suck's lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom