Please Look. Do I Have a Problem?

• Thread starter rickyvaughn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rickyvaughn

This is my first outdoor grow ever. Swiss Cheese started from seed in May and put outside mid-June. Feeding them guano/molasses/casting tea following the Sunleaves feeding chart. 11/12 have shown to be female this week with one left to show.

My concern is this: I know they are normally a bit lighter to start and darken up as they grow, but all of the new shoots are REALLY pale compared to the rest of the plant. All of them are exhibiting the same pattern.

I originally thought it was Mg deficiency based on the Sick Plant Guide here, so I did a foliar spray with a 0.5 tsp/gal to the point of runoff twice this week. It seemed to have turned it a bit, but I am concerned as this is a critical stage with them starting to flower.

Is the pale growth a normal part of the transition to flowering? Am I worrying too much or am I not giving them something that they need?

Being a total rookie :sweating, constructive criticism is welcome!

Please look do i have a problem
Please look do i have a problem 2

420king-MASSES

looks like a defficency either nitrogen or a cal/mag def

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

plants new growth tend to lighten up as they begin to stretch/flower,it's perfectly normal,if you start seeing alot of yellowing staring with the lower leaves,I would say nitrogen deficency,No need to worrry plant looks pretty good to me,could work some dolomte lime into the soil if you think it's a cal/mag issue

JPLord01

JPLord01

It is new growth mine do that to. Fast growth your plant looks good. Be happy its all good.

R

rickyvaughn

So the unusually light color relates to the quickness of the new growth? Thinking about it that makes sense because they have both filled in and stretched quite a bit this week. I'll work in a bit of dolomite lime when I go out to feed next as that is something I haven't done at all yet. Would a more aggressive watering schedule or foliar feeding be something I should consider? I have been feeding them each 1gal of tea 1-2 times weekly depending on how often I can break off to get to them (and 12 plants is about all my old ass can handle hauling water for). I was just worried that there was something seriously wrong and didn't want to wait until it was too late to ask for some help.

I'm really looking forward to the next 8 weeks. I don't ever remember wanting summer to pass by so quickly. I'm unsure as to how much I'll harvest with this being my first outdoor experience, but it's been fun learning.

All that being said, I think your feedback is good news so far. Thanks to you all for taking the time to look.

R

rickyvaughn

Update

Everything seems to be doing a lot better. Thanks for the advice everyone. Here's a new pic of the same plant to compare.

P1010665
T

TwoCreeks

Looks like a cool project. There is nothing wrong in those pictures.
Have fun!

E

ent

your plant is looking great. i think your feeding schedule is doing you well. no need to go more aggressive unless you start to see a change in the plants. looks like you have a keen eye, so just keep a watch for any changes and keep feeding as is.

J

John Smith Esq.

+1 for the plant looking good, I agree with you guys..

Also for future reference Ricky nitrogen deficiencies always affect the lowest and oldest leaves first.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
your prolly not gonna get a cal/mag def in dirt with unfiltered water.

she looks great from here!

F

farmerjohn

Actually, everything is looking great in that last photo. Very nice & healthy plant.:)

Yes "Wild Thing", John is correct on nitrogen deficiency & it's appearance on older, lower leaves, with, much like spelling in the English language, a few exceptions. Like the photo below. This critter stumped me when the upper leaves yellowed 1st. But I can't figure what else might be wrong & it had not been fertilized in a few weeks.

100 1797
R

rickyvaughn

Turbo

Been getting alot of rain these last couple of weeks, so last week the girls started an organic 0-10-22 foliar schedule instead of the usual 10-10-2 tea root drench and they have responded magnificently. Since my last post, every plant has stretched and added a lot of mass on the stems and branches. Buds are beginning to form everywhere and the smell is a heavenly sweet/skunky perfume that can almost make me forget about the angry, buzzing swarm of mosquitos sucking the blood from any exposed flesh.

My teammate Cerrano and I believe we're going to have way more buds on our hands than we had originally anticipated. All of the plants save for one runty 5' are well over 6'. We are beginning to get nervous about overhead surveillance spotting them and how to get them out of the woods and drying/curing safely. The first pic is of the plant that's been featured in the previous posts with another of the girls visible in the background. The second is of another one of the particularly strong ones and the final photo speaks for itself. We owe much of the project's success up to now to this site and the community in general, so many thanks for everyone's knowledge and the struggles endured and overcome to attain it.

Turbo1
Turbo2
Turbo3
Top Bottom