Please Need Help With Portable Ac Smell

• Thread starter cowboyz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboyz

If you use a carbon filter that is rated 2x higher than your ac exhaust fan it will not add drag to the system.
I think your solutions will work for my problem but the only thing is I have the ac blowing out of an vent and if I use the carbon filter it won't vent out and it'll just be inside unless you think I can have the ac blow out to my attic oh my house and have the carbon filter up their ass well?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I think your solutions will work for my problem but the only thing is I have the ac blowing out of an vent and if I use the carbon filter it won't vent out and it'll just be inside unless you think I can have the ac blow out to my attic oh my house and have the carbon filter up their ass well?
Hell yes. I had my ac exhaust ducted into my laundry room with a carbon filter in the laundry room end of the duct That's the solution.

C

cowboyz

Hell yes. That's the solution.
OK so your saying that I can have my ac blowing up to my attic with a carbon filter connected to it? Or can I have my ac blowing up to my attic with a carbon filter but not connected to the ac but just sitting up their on could be fine?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
OK so your saying that I can have my ac blowing up to my attic with a carbon filter connected to it? Or can I have my ac blowing up to my attic with a carbon filter but not connected to the ac but just sitting up their on could be fine?
A carbon filter needs to be connected to the ducting in order for it to work..
Beyond that I don't really understand the question.

I hope I've helped.
Peace

C

cowboyz

Oh OK what I was thinking was a carbon filter with a inline fan connected but your saying I don't need now inline fan but just the carbon filter? And my question was can I just have my ac blow up to my attic and just have a carbir filter with an inline fan but not connected to the ac would that wok as well?

C

cowboyz

Cause I have 2 portable ac instead of buying two carbon filter,can I just have one carbon filter with both ac blowing in to my attic and just have one carbon filter with a inline fan suck in the air and blow it out will that work as well?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'm backing away from this thread. I'm not completely sure what your doing and I do not want to give you bad advice. Maybe someone who grasps this better will help.
Think safety first in everything you do.
Best of luck.
Peace

hiboy

hiboy

Yes I've ran them a long time ago. In a single bedroom. No smell
Hb

hiboy

hiboy

You could probably hook up a carbon scrubber on a single tube output with an inline fan to help boost the air. But the dual hose is the way to go.
HB

MSH

MSH

Cause I have 2 portable ac instead of buying two carbon filter,can I just have one carbon filter with both ac blowing in to my attic and just have one carbon filter with a inline fan suck in the air and blow it out will that work as well?

You can attach a carbon filter to your AC (CFM double the CFM on the AC) and blow into the attic.

You can blow the AC into the attic and have a fan+carbon filter there to scrub the air.

You can vent the AC into the attic or a tent or whatever you have and have outline fan plus carbon filter with a CFM bigger then the AC and by that creating negative pressure so you get rid of any smell and hot air.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think these are the ways to get rid of smell leaks using portable AC's. I myself would blow in to a tent/attic and have a carbon filter and outline fan set up there and then blow the air outside.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

imo, yes. both of my single hoses are stink free outside the exhaust port.

Latest posts

Top Bottom