Please Recommend A Basic Nutrient That You Are Loving

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

Ok so I used cultured solutions... Didn't love the results but ph was rock solid

I'm using canna aqua now but ph often dives down causing stress I'm sure and constant monitoring needed.

Just talked to canna and they say they recommend the substra instead of the aqua because it's more ph stable in these systems...

I'm considering trying the substra but I want a nutrient schedule that's basic, stable in ph department, and gets great results.

I'm currently using
Canna a/b (aqua)
Uc roots
Magical
Canna pk when needed week 4-5

Please anyone have a rock solid nutrient that holds ph well, set it and forget it with great results? I'm looking to switch asap! Having to constantly monitor tanks is killing me! I can't get away for a day... Cultured solutions I feel like was so stable I didn't need to check often even though I did ha

But yeah I'm using 0ppm ro UV fluttered water, chillers and uc roots so it shouldn't be a bacteria issue or anything. Cans even says don't use the aqua on these systems... Would have been nice to know 6 months ago...

slimjimham

slimjimham

Im going to give cutting edge solutions a shot. I've heard good things about them. Anyone have any experience?

slimjimham

slimjimham

Also very interested in the general hydro line... Anyone have a good recipe for gh? How's the ph stability? Thanks guys. I need something more ph stable so I can head out for a weekend...

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

My by results have came from aqua flakes and aqua flakes alone. Zero additives

slimjimham

slimjimham

Aqua flakes has me very interested too, I had run and loved gh in soil back in the day.

@stickyfing3rs can you elaborate a little. What's your tap water ppm? what ppm are you peaking at? No calmag supliment at all?

Now that you mention that I think I'm going to run out and buy a couple 1l bottles so I can try it on a system and see how I like it.

How's the ph stability of aqua flakes?

Any tips? Do you run any pk booster ever or any additives... Or just a/b the whole way through flower?

What is your veg ppm and peak flower ppm? Any deficiencies at all?

Thanks!

Last edited:
slimjimham

slimjimham

@Savage Henry I've heard allot about jacks too... Seems to be the best bang for the buck, it's dry right? Can you elaborate more on the mixing process and where you keep the ppms throughout flower. Thanks

Also are you still using this?

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Aqua flakes has me very interested too, I had run and loved gh in soil back in the day.

@stickyfing3rs can you elaborate a little. What's your tap water ppm? what ppm are you peaking at?

Now that you mention that I think I'm going to run out and buy a couple 1l bottles so I can try it on a system and see how I like it.

How's the ph stability of aqua flakes?

Any tips? Do you run any pk booster ever or any additives... Or just a/b the whole way through flower?

Thanks!
Have a look at the instagram page heavy16official . They explain Heavy16 through each post ,just how to use it in hydroponic , etc. Its not recommended for aero gardens. @Timmyahcomeon138 has crushed with it in coco
I've done good with it in soil, and working it out in coco. Theres also a thread on it here. I wouldn't call it basic though. But it takes out the guess work, mix and move on , it's got you covered.
Trick is to only stir the res, not aerate it too much, that keeps H16 pH stable.

Peace

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Can you elaborate more on the mixing process and where you keep the ppms throughout flower. Thanks

Yup it's dry, ppms depend on what medium/system you're growing in. The mixing process etc. is covered in great detail in the cheaper alternatives sticky in the nutrients and fertilizers section.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I use ro water with 0 ppm, from the ez cloner I put them in 140 ppm solution with equal parts a&b only. Usually have to use a little pH down with fresh change outs to get me down to 5.5-5.7. After they start eating I'll bump them up to 210 ppm and keep it there. After a couple weeks in flower I usually bump it up to 280 and rarely go over that unless they tell me their hungry. Sounds really low but ya know what works in my room might not in someone else's.
I've used silica's in the past and cal-mag. In my situation I never saw any improvement over what I was already doing and my roots were never as bright white and vigorous as they are when I only use a&b

slimjimham

slimjimham

Got any pics @stickyfing3rs

Also to make sure we're talking about the same scale, are you talking about the 500 scale?

How many miles per gallon do you find those ratios to be?

Also how are the yields? Thanks a lot

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I can't bring myself to start posting pics, someday if legalities change in my area. I'm on the 700 scale with a blue lab guardian. Far as mls per gallon I can't answer too accurately since I fill bigger reservoirs then add 30mls each of a&b at a time. Once it stabilizes I fine tune if needed. I'm guessing it's no more than 2mls of a and 2mls of b per gallon. Last run I hit just over 3# off 2 600s

slimjimham

slimjimham

I'm not asking for pictures of your face ha but I'll take your word for it. Just went out and bought some aquaflakes to try out.

Think I'm going to follow the current culture supercharged chart for ppm's (peaks out at 350ppm on 500 scale)

Do you have any sort of top off tank or ro float on your system?

I curly just run ro topoff from a float. Think I may need to use the topoff tanks at that low of ppm though so things stay even

Plants look good with no deficiencies though?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Lol I understand, I'm just paranoid. I think you'll really like the aqua flakes in your under current on their feed schedule. My plants are very happy and dark green :)

slimjimham

slimjimham

I was reading done things about a bad taste with aqua flakes, have you experienced that?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Not at all honestly, with such low ppm all you taste is what the plant has to offer. Bowls and joints burn to clean white ash

slimjimham

slimjimham

Good to hear, I'm changing just one tank over to start tomorrow.

Again did you mention anything about the ph stability, is she super stable it very drifty

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Mine drifts as you would expect, ppm goes down pH goes up, do add back and your right where you wanna be. Top offs are very simple as well. Really the only time I ever have to adjust ph is when I do I complete nutrient change out. But with such low ppm and vigorous plants that eat like crazy I don't do that to often just top off

slimjimham

slimjimham

Awesome thanks for the info @stickyfing3rs one last thing... For now anyways ha

Have you noticed an issue with too much Nitrogen? That's another complaint I've heard about aqua flakes.... THANKS for the info! I'll keep you updated through this thread!

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I haven't ran into it myself but ya I've seen online where people claimed it. In my opinion most examples I saw were caused by something other then nutrients

Top Bottom