Please share your thoughts on renting a garbage bin?

• Thread starter Clarm1965
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Clarm1965

Hello guys,
Clearing the yard of branches, leaves, and other stuff is liberating
We have some plants, branches, and trimmings left over after cleaning our garden. The waste management would pick yard waste but they pick up only a limited amount of yard waste. I was probably wondering how to get rid of all this stuff. One of my friends recommended me that one of the easiest solutions is to hire a garbage removal service because garbage bin rental prices are much cheaper. Anyone, please share your thoughts on renting a garbage bin?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

last time i rented a roll off was 250 i think,ive had 3 out here since beginning of work on remodel,they also go buy weight if your putting a bunch of boulders in there,havent with me and i been putting every thing in there.
i have another suggestion for you ,if you have property and garden why not think about huglkulture,before my operation i built a 25x25 corn bed,but ticker was ther is a 4 ft drop on back side,i took old stumps and branches piled um in on the back side and filled in dirt over top of it,takes years to break down and keep weight pressure off back of retaining wall if you dig,look into it,the name means growing on hills in german,but ya id compost that stuff instead of paying to haul it off

Anthem

Anthem

Hello guys,
Clearing the yard of branches, leaves, and other stuff is liberating
We have some plants, branches, and trimmings left over after cleaning our garden. The waste management would pick yard waste but they pick up only a limited amount of yard waste. I was probably wondering how to get rid of all this stuff. One of my friends recommended me that one of the easiest solutions is to hire a garbage removal service because garbage bin rental prices are much cheaper. Anyone, please share your thoughts on renting a garbage bin?
You could just purchase a composting bin and put all the trimming in it. It works well for up to about 30 medium size plant parts. Get some composting starter as well and it will decompose pretty quick and you can just add it to the yard waste at about 5 percent of the original foot print.

shenkerism

shenkerism

In my area there are businesses which can rent out large yard waste containers (other than the municipal service). These places are often the same places that sell mulch and soil, because they need the same equipment and space to accept large amounts of yard waste. Depends on the load, but it may be cheaper to find a buddy with a truck, or rent a pickup through Uhaul and drop off at such a spot.

Of course, composting is also a great way to go. You can rent a chipper pretty cheap if you have a lot of branches, this will also speed the composting process.

Top Bottom