Please Stop Using Silicon/silica During Flower! Thank You :)

• Thread starter Douglas.C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
You're exactly right I was just talking to my buddy and we're commenting on this sour diesel and and I can barely get through it with the scissors now there's now compared to a decade ago you could crumble it in your fingers and and they keep using it because some reason they think Gives the plants more of an immunity to pests and things like that I'm blaming on YouTube It's not scientifically proven or anything like that it'sThey're just believable or they believe them because they sell it I've been consulting for the last year down in Oklahoma and I just about fell over when he told me he was using silica all the way through his flowering cycle Is what most people think it's like paint by numbers Everybody gets worried about yield and I THC Maybe I should just get Gucci to sponsor my Flower Then people would pay attention and you could teach them the right way Whatever it is just keeps getting worse I think it's because most people are inherently lazy and they take the past the least resistance so whatever products they can put on the plants that create less work for them or they think it creates less work they do I spent a year there and it's the worst flower on the planet It's so bad that they process the stuff and create diamonds and they sell it for $5 a gram If that tells you anything Retail at dispensary I will never go back there again And then they get mad that they can't paint by numbers There is no one pot for growing cannabis I had one guy who thought he had to water the flag the plants the same amount when they're just putting them into flower as you did in week 7 of the flowering stage All convoluted byIf we're trying to get the most views rather than promoting good practices Is they promote whatever gets some of the most clicks I'm 50 I learned a grow when i was 14 from my good good friend's father who learned from his Uncle this guy was able to grow plants in his backyard in a suburban the verbin yard with neighbors you could spit out your window and hit their house He knew how to hide it in the foliage of other plants I don't know Technology has really advanced the industry but what plants need and what they require doesn't it doesn't change it never and the gene pool has been so degerated from people trying to come up with the latest and greatest strain When you think you're really getting a certain strain you're really not I've seen where I've gotten from reputable dealers double dealers right I've gotten the same strain 5 seeds indeed and have 5 Different plants they don't even look similar Because there's 0 checks and balances so it's all on your honor People just make shit up I guess anything for a dollar Sorry for venting
This is what we started with...landrace trash...
Screenshot 20220902 052259 Chrome

This is what i play with now...
WC2a

Yeah...soooo degraded...i guess ill just scratch everything and buy the stock you tell me to...that way im up to standard

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

What are trichomes made of? Isn't it Silica based? And to the people above that use TPS Silica gold, what a great product right? Have you read you read white papers on it. Buff stuff. Tps either really knows their science or is really good at marketing that they do. Lol. I use the Silica and Signal.

Screenshot 20220909 145607 Samsung Notes
Screenshot 20220909 145615 Samsung Notes
PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

What are trichomes made of? Isn't it Silica based? And to the people above that use TPS Silica gold, what a great product right? Have you read you read white papers on it. Buff stuff. Tps either really knows their science or is really good at marketing that they do. Lol. I use the Silica and Signal.
Modern Cannabis trichs are made of calcium carbonate. Not silica. That's why the sucky pot of modernity looks like it's covered in limescale (CaCO3) instead of glass (silica).

Breeders grower and smokers have collectively devolved cannabis to commercial grade useless ornamental crap in only a couple decades because of looks, and they don't even know what they are looking at, and don't have a clue how to grow, or what good smoke is. Oreoz is a perfect example of modern shit Cannabis with excess unmetabolized calcium pouring out and forming detrimental, ornamental frost. We all know what carbonate does to carboxylic acids. Now if we could just get potheads to replace their absurd treesap terpene obsession with a mild interest in the carboxylic acids that create weed metabolites.. They'd understand why modern pot sucks.. (because the carbonate in the trichs neutralizes the carboxylic acids that create weed flavors and cb receptor active carboxylic derivatives.)

R

ritoMox

Modern Cannabis trichs are made of calcium carbonate. Not silica. That's why the sucky pot of modernity looks like it's covered in limescale (CaCO3) instead of glass (silica).

Breeders grower and smokers have collectively devolved cannabis to commercial grade useless ornamental crap in only a couple decades because of looks, and they don't even know what they are looking at, and don't have a clue how to grow, or what good smoke is. Oreoz is a perfect example of modern shit Cannabis with excess unmetabolized calcium pouring out and forming detrimental, ornamental frost. We all know what carbonate does to carboxylic acids. Now if we could just get potheads to replace their absurd treesap terpene obsession with a mild interest in the carboxylic acids that create weed metabolites.. They'd understand why modern pot sucks.. (because the carbonate in the trichs neutralizes the carboxylic acids that create weed flavors and cb receptor active carboxylic derivatives.)
Damn, calcification, making bone-bud🤣
But no shit, that sounds legit. There's a book called Stale Food vs Fresh Food that shows how the typical American diet essentially turns us into stone-people by calcifying/hardening our arteries. So now we do it to our weed?

Stale Food vs Fresh Food

Last edited:
sportyridr

sportyridr

Don't need any special research papers over here ,although I have gave a few a read however...

If Bill Farthing & Aquaman both recommend to quit Silica at end of transition, that's what I do...I've even grown some nice plants this way 😉🌱... YMMV

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

I knew something was up with that strain oreoz. No wonder everyone e hates it. Haha. I just changed the name a suddenly its a hit again. Haha. But yeah I phased it out.

R

ritoMox

I knew something was up with that strain oreoz. No wonder everyone e hates it. Haha. I just changed the name a suddenly its a hit again. Haha. But yeah I phased it out.
Damn, everyone in the game hits-up the Farm! THCFARMER will be going TMZ style pretty soon😂 Who's gonna be Harvey?🤣✌️

sambapati

sambapati

Not available in Europe😔
Wolt -- Do you have access to plain rice husks in your neck of the woods? If so you can make your own silica for nothing by burning/ashing the husks. I didn't know and don't know much, but the French get credit for inventing biochar specifically for farming. I'm guessing if you planned ahead you could compost the husks and let them decompose, but since you're in a hurry think about how you can DIY w/o shipping charges.

Wolf6an6

Wolf6an6

Wolt -- Do you have access to plain rice husks in your neck of the woods? If so you can make your own silica for nothing by burning/ashing the husks. I didn't know and don't know much, but the French get credit for inventing biochar specifically for farming. I'm guessing if you planned ahead you could compost the husks and let them decompose, but since you're in a hurry think about how you can DIY w/o shipping charges.
Thank you! Interesting. I'll do some research....

sambapati

sambapati

So you are saying that frost on weed is detrimental and this characteristic has been bred into the plant? So, for example native Thai weed has absolutely no frost ever. It will be interesting to see with de-criminalization how much mutation occurs. The government gave out 1,000,000 trees and free seeds to people. All the plants on the internet appear 99% closer to each other now than some of the random weed we got in the 70s.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

So you are saying that frost on weed is detrimental and this characteristic has been bred into the plant?

Yep. That is what he is saying. Which is non-sense. At least the detrimental part.

Frosty weed can be top notch weed. But not all frosty weed is good. And weed doesn't need to look frosty to be fire.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Just burn some rice hull when making your soil mix or add rice hull by itself. Products are for suckas! Just kidding kinda!

Top Bottom