Please Stop Using Silicon/silica During Flower! Thank You :)

• Thread starter Douglas.C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

TPS is based in the US. They can sell direct. Shipping will be expensive if they agree to do it. But a gallon is pretty cheap and lasts a long time. Total cost might be comparable to Power Si with the shipping. This is what their website says.

International Shipping Policy

We currently ship outside the U.S. on a case-by-case basis. Please reach out to us before attempting to place an order if you need delivery outside of the U.S.

Wolf6an6

Wolf6an6

You don't know Norway! Importing it from overseas will cost me about triple the price of the article in the end.
Looks like a good product, though.
Try to find European retailers like Norwegian's biggest growshops, gartnergrossisten.no and gartnerbutikken.no! Then I'll buy it😉
Import from other European countries is still expensive but much more affordable than importing from the States.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Yes, Norway is very expensive to import American stuff. The price in the US is $20 a quart or $45 a gallon. I'll bet shipping is $30. Plus whatever tax you have to pay.

Wolf6an6

Wolf6an6

Yes, Norway is very expensive to import American stuff. The price in the US is $20 a quart or $45 a gallon. I'll bet shipping is $30. Plus whatever tax you have to pay.
I'm renting a postbox in Sweden which is in the European Union😉 This cuts the import duties, 25% taxes and fees from both postal service and government, greatly. Still, I prefer ordering from Europe. I ordered LED-lights, nutrients and other stuff from the U.S. and it's just not worth it, sorrily.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

2320_1.jpg

They probably stock this in EU. Specs look legit. This link will show a big selection of Silica for your reference.

Wolf6an6

Wolf6an6

2320_1.jpg

They probably stock this in EU. Specs look legit. This link will show a big selection of Silica for your reference.

Very nice PP!🙏🕉️
I still got about 2 batches left, one PowerSi and one Aptus Fasilitor, here named Aptus Regulator. The list is just perfect! Also unfortunately we haven't got Hydrobuilder.com in Europe and they don't even deliver to Norway🤢😡
2320_1.jpg

Wolf6an6

Wolf6an6

Monocots are classified as active Si accumulator while dicots are classified as a passive accumulator
dicots contain about 0.1% Si on a dry weight basis
Si transport, further reading
i don't care if you wanna spend your money on the stuff...just don't go around saying it makes thicker branches and heavier yields. i have proof you are talking out of your ass if you do.
I don't but may I ask what proof you've got? Did you do 2 similar growths with and without?
What I liked is that my last harvest when I used it minimally always looked very healthy, not that I didn't have this before.
So .....it's not worth it iyo? I'm not an academic but saw an for me interesting scientific video yesterday which I'll try to post. Honestly, it's partly Chinese for me...

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Before I used TPS Gold, my plants had weak limbs that needed support. The effects of using TPS Gold were immediately apparent. The limbs are rubbery and flexible in the beginning which makes LST easier. Then the limbs become quite sturdy.

Silica has been shown to increase yield in many crops. But is has not been formally studied with weed.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
I don't but may I ask what proof you've got? Did you do 2 similar growths with and without?
What I liked is that my last harvest when I used it minimally always looked very healthy, not that I didn't have this before.
So .....it's not worth it iyo? I'm not an academic but saw an for me interesting scientific video yesterday which I'll try to post. Honestly, it's partly Chinese for me...
the proof is the scientific paper that states dicots don't accumulate more than .1-.5%.
so if you have a plant that yields 458grams dry weight, you have .1%...congrats you have an additional half a gram (.458g) from your Si supplementation.
here's another one

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
long as you're learning and not just regurgitating what someone else says.

Wolf6an6

Wolf6an6

the proof is the scientific paper that states dicots don't accumulate more than .1-.5%.
so if you have a plant that yields 458grams dry weight, you have .1%...congrats you have an additional half a gram (.458g) from your Si supplementation.
here's another one
Definitely not worth it especially not with overprized products like ...... probably the most talked about for example. I definitely won't buy it again!
I'll have to study this more, the link you sent, but thanks a lot for your input!
So much is happening in this scene in the last few years and even more in the years to come that it's hard to keep up for me. I've learned more in the last 3 years than in the 40 years before, thanks to the f@$$1&6 Internet 😉
Btw, I did many, many harvests in my not so young life anymore (only indoor, though) and only rarely i had to deal with weak plants or plants that didn't make me smile and love them once I saw them😛

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

here's another one

Accumulating mass quanties of silica in the plant is not the reason to use silica. The small amount that enters the roots acts as a biostimulant for plant growth. There are numerous papers that show how silica is an effective biostimulant. Including dicots. Especially dicots.

So you appear to not be understanding the significance of the study you linked.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Definitely not worth it especially not with overprized products like ...... probably the most talked about for example. I definitely won't buy it again!
I'll have to study this more, the link you sent, but thanks a lot for your input!
So much is happening in this scene in the last few years and even more in the years to come that it's hard to keep up for me. I've learned more in the last 3 years than in the 40 years before, thanks to the f@$$1&6 Internet 😉
Btw, I did many, many harvests in my not so young life anymore (only indoor, though) and only rarely i had to deal with weak plants or plants that didn't make me smile and love them once I saw them😛
Welll..i didn't say it wasn't worth it, now did i :p
There are ways it benefits...documented to help with PM, bugs. I only hold the stance that people boasting they use Si for thicker branches and heavier yields are not keeping a scientific approach to their public statements

Wolf6an6

Wolf6an6

Different people read the same papers differently and take with them different parts. I've got ample examples for this.
We're supposed to support each other and learn from each other, aren't we?😉
Peace and Respect☮️

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I get good results with TPS Gold Silica. Used for the entire grow. OP is spouting nonsense. Using silica during bloom isn't detrimental. It's beneficial. TPS is reasonably priced. Much less expensive than PowerSi. Worth a try.
I just started using silica on this grow. Glad I read all the way through the thread. I've got PowerSi and PS bloom, and I'm thinking damn why the hell do they make a bloom if I shouldn't use it. Thanks for posting about the TPS. I went and looked it up and it's def cheaper. Does it mess with ph? That's why I spent the extra on PowerSi. I don't have the experience atm to deal with ph issues. But by the time the PowerSi runs out i will. Thanks for the info

Wolf6an6

Wolf6an6

...sometimes I think that Power Si fucks with my Bluelab pH- and EC-meters. I suspect it puts a layer or a film on the probe?!?
Anybody having any thoughts on this?
I don't really like to handle the Power Si🤔

Latest posts

Top Bottom