Plumber's First Coco Grow

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Srenots

Srenots

Let's try that again. Accidently hit post and ran out of time to edit, dinner got in the way.

View attachment 905026
All lines are open, no drip heads and all seem to run evenly. Runoff after about 2-3 minutes. Tomorrow morning I'll time it and figure out how long to let it run each time, 7 times each day, every 2.5 hrs starting at lights on 4:30 am and last watering at 7:30 pm.

I've been having to add 1-2 gallons daily using the hose off the pump to water and expect to add the same daily with the auto watering running.

Planted 22 Chemgopher seeds yesterday.
View attachment 905041
View attachment 905042
I'll only keep 6-7 of the best in coco and 2-3 in rock wool. Got several buckets and a strong air pump. Time to setup a few DWC plants.

So 3 sets of Chemgopher a month apart and today planted 5 of 10 Ground Pounders that arrived today.
View attachment 905043
While still loving the chem taste I'm really looking forward something else.

Quickly running out of room. Next week at least two of the adults will be moved out to flower. I need a bigger greenhouse.

Happy Growing!

Genuine Kindness ~

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Genuine Kindness ~
I've been watching those magic beans grow. Those are some kickass genetics and beautiful plants and the folks at GK obviously what they're doing. Really looking forward to the Blueberry crosses. Makes my mouth water thinking about it.

Okay, within 1 minute run-off was seen on all pots. After 3 minutes all pots were fully saturated. Allowed to run for 6 minutes with 5 minutes of runoff. Looks good and should produce even faster growth as long as I maintain the percentage of nutes in the water.

Timer has a backup battery and needs to charge before programming so I'm staying medicated, watching football and plugging in the pump every 2 1/2 hours. Unfortunately no beer. Could be worse, could be raining.

This Kratky method is working really well
20191027 114512

and I've been thinking of adding a 2 liter bottle in each corner of the shower pan with herbs that deter pests. Dill looks to be one of the best for aphids and spider mites. I'll plant some seeds today and see if they'll take to the mix. It burns mint, at least at the strength I'm currently using yet basil loves it. Something for indoor growers to consider.

Just gave them their noon watering. Growing like weeds.😍
20191027 121102

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Continued..

Cleaned and bleached the tank and pumps.
20191027 183503

Removed all the plants and cleaned the pan. Looks like I'll need to do that monthly. I also changed the water filter inserts on the faucet and made up a 10 gal batch of MasterBlend.

Set up all nice and clean.
20191027 172345

Plants in plastic pots are growing roots out of the holes. Healthy plants.

Here's the numbers:

My filtered tap water:
pH 6.7 PPM 220

1/3 cup each of 3 concentrated MasterBlend nutes per gal:
pH 5.7 PPM 540

Added API tap water conditioner, 1 drop per gallon. Recommend for hydro and aquarium water. Ran out of Tetra aquarium water conditioner and tried using just filtered water and killed my fish a few weeks ago so I started looking for something that works with hydro as well. Those fish were healthy and something in the filtered tap water took 'em in overnight. That crap can't be good for my plants.

I made up 1 gal of 1/2 C concentrate, which is the recommended dose: pH 5.6 PPM 652. Seems doable but I am happy using 1/3 C of each concentrate per gal and not sure how far I can push the younger plants. I do have a runt and another that wasn't ready for topping I may try the stronger mix on.

Now I have to see if I'm too toasted to program the timer 😜 otherwise I'll have to keep doing it manually and I won't be home most of the day tomorrow or most of the rest of the work week. Looked at it earlier today after puffing. Seemed simple enough but the battery icon kept flashing and I was pretty ripped. Go figure.

Nice overcast day, high was 72. It's been upper 90's to triple digits the past week. No rain in the forecast but ugly clouds are moving in from the coast some 8 miles away and temps are dropping. Remember, here is sunny so cal anything under 70 is COLD! I plugged in the seed heater and covered the pans.

I'll run the numbers again tomorrow when I get home and after their last watering at 7:30 (lights out at 8:30) and see how much if any change after 7 waterings tomorrow and the last 2 tonight. I'll have to top off the tank before I leave in the morning and if time permits I check the numbers.

Happy Growing!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Continued..

View attachment 905228
Removed all the plants and cleaned the pan. Looks like I'll need to do that monthly. I also changed the water filter inserts on the faucet and made up a 10 gal batch of MasterBlend.

View attachment 905235

Here's the numbers:

My filtered tap water:
pH 6.7 PPM 220

pH 5.7 PPM 540

Added API tap water conditioner, 1 drop per gallon. Recommend for hydro and aquarium water. Ran out of Tetra aquarium water conditioner and tried using just filtered water and killed my fish a few weeks ago so I started looking for something that works with hydro as well. Those fish were healthy and something in the filtered tap water took 'em in overnight. That crap can't be good for my plants.

I made up 1 gal of 1/2 C concentrate, which is the recommended dose: pH 5.6 PPM 652. Seems doable but I am happy using 1/3 C of each concentrate per gal and not sure how far I can push the younger plants. I do have a runt and another that wasn't ready for topping I may try the stronger mix on.

Now I have to see if I'm too toasted to program the timer 😜 otherwise I'll have to keep doing it manually and I won't be home most of the day tomorrow or most of the rest of the work week. Looked at it earlier today after puffing. Seemed simple enough but the battery icon kept flashing and I was pretty ripped. Go figure.

Nice overcast day, high was 72. It's been upper 90's to triple digits the past week. No rain in the forecast but ugly clouds are moving in from the coast some 8 miles away and temps are dropping. Remember, here is sunny so cal anything under 70 is COLD! I plugged in the seed heater and covered the pans.

I'll run the numbers again tomorrow when I get home and after their last watering at 7:30 (lights out at 8:30) and see how much if any change after 7 waterings tomorrow and the last 2 tonight. I'll have to top off the tank before I leave in the morning and if time permits I check the numbers.

Happy Growing!
70 here folk have sweat shirts and short pants on hahaah,this last week has been in mid 40's morning,and 80 during day with wind gust to 40 mph hahahhah when it gets around 70 im frezzing hahaha

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Continued..

View attachment 905228

View attachment 905235

Here's the numbers:

My filtered tap water:
pH 6.7 PPM 220

pH 5.7 PPM 540

Happy Growing!
Seachem prime much better bang for the buck 1 cap treats 50gal. Or ascorbic acid (vitamin C) at 1 gram per 100 gal.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I was obviously too stoned to set the timer last night. The forth time I pressed the reset button it stuck. Gotta take it back.

Had 5 toilet replacements schedule today. Client had something come up and we rescheduled for Thursday. Got a clogged shower drain at 4 so I get to manually water the plants again today.

Looks to be another Dundy day. Neighbor just texted me to take a look at the snake in his pool. His granddaughter's husband thinks it's baby rattler. Neighbor says it's a gopher snake and it's mine if I want it.

Time to put some pants on and bring home a snake.

STAY TUNED!

TerriR

TerriR

I was obviously too stoned to set the timer last night. The forth time I pressed the reset button it stuck. Gotta take it back.

Had 5 toilet replacements schedule today. Client had something come up and we rescheduled for Thursday. Got a clogged shower drain at 4 so I get to manually water the plants again today.

Looks to be another Dundy day. Neighbor just texted me to take a look at the snake in his pool. His granddaughter's husband thinks it's baby rattler. Neighbor says it's a gopher snake and it's mine if I want it.

STAY TUNED!
Pics or it didn’t happen! 🐍

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

STAY TUNED!
now you lost me,a good snake is a dead one

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

No snake. Either he was yanking my chain or a hawk got it (very possible) but no snake.

Snakes eat mice and rats and big snakes eat gophers. If I could get all my neighbors to let me know when they see a snake I'd go get it and bring most home. Of course rattlers have to be killed but kings, the most common around here, even eat rattlers. We also have gopher snakes, obviously not enough of those, and even the lowly gardener snake which eat snails. I'll take the free vermin removal any day and if any care for a free tickle under their jaws or back scratch I'd be happy to oblige.

He just texted me back and said there was a snake last night so probably a hawk. We see Redtails often. Had a family of 7 spend the fall here in our large Jacaranda tree last year. Doves and sparrows were their main prey but they do get a few snakes.

Such is life.

I do have flowers forming on a couple of my 1 month old Kratky cherry tomatoes.
20191028 082909

Phones ringing off the hook. So much for a lite Monday. Glad I got 3 waterings this morning.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
No snake. Either he was yanking my chain or a hawk got it (very possible) but no snake.

Snakes eat mice and rats and big snakes eat gophers. If I could get all my neighbors to let me know when they see a snake I'd go get it and bring most home. Of course rattlers have to be killed but kings, the most common around here, even eat rattlers. We also have gopher snakes, obviously not enough of those, and even the lowly gardener snake which eat snails. I'll take the free vermin removal any day and if any care for a free tickle under their jaws or back scratch I'd be happy to oblige.

He just texted me back and said there was a snake last night so probably a hawk. We see Redtails often. Had a family of 7 spend the fall here in our large Jacaranda tree last year. Doves and sparrows were their main prey but they do get a few snakes.

Such is life.

I do have flowers forming on a couple of my 1 month old Kratky cherry tomatoes.
View attachment 905370

Phones ringing off the hook. So much for a lite Monday. Glad I got 3 waterings this morning.
We've got no snakes other than gardners, we've got no gophers, we've got no poisonous spiders or scorpions our biggest threat here is deer eating our crops and running into our cars. Canada's most dangerous animal is the moose more people killed by them than any other animal. Car crashes, you just can't see them at night and they're so tall you knock their legs out and their 2000lb body goes through the windshield.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
We've got no snakes other than gardners, we've got no gophers, we've got no poisonous spiders or scorpions our biggest threat here is deer eating our crops and running into our cars. Canada's most dangerous animal is the moose more people killed by them than any other animal. Car crashes, you just can't see them at night and they're so tall you knock their legs out and their 2000lb body goes through the windshield.
Not many moose around my area, they killed them all off years ago. Now if they'd only do that to the Lyme diseased tick packing deer, sure they're cute but they taste great.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

anything that stings bites or sticks we have in abundance,then there is white tail deer,wild hogs,javalina,then to top it all off,folks have brought in exotics for all year hunting,a few years back they started regulating those hunts when some ass hole doctor killed a tame lion ya real sporty,biggest issue is the axis deer,yep just cost my youngest boy 3 grand,i took whole front clip off his car,rebuilt motor and transmision while i had it off,48 spot welds later i had the radiator suport off,damn that was fun took my back to younger years doing it for money hahaah.
what really sucks is they passed a law that you couldnt pick the animal up and take home for food,to many poachers,good ole humans again,the buck he hit was hit by car in front of him bounced back and run over it tear rad suport and all the lines from front to back,coolerand all whole front clip other than beer can fenders was plastic,that was a nightmare tracking down

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Not many moose around my area, they killed them all off years ago. Now if they'd only do that to the Lyme diseased tick packing deer, sure they're cute but they taste great.
cronick waste dieses is trying to make here down south,bad ass shit,like mad cow dieses,the buck he ran over only had hid head and one horn 2ft off his head broke snapped neck,i drug it off the road were no one else would hit it in the dark,pissed me off too deer went right around 300 lbs of fresh meat

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

dont know how much as evolved since i drove a truck in 90's but they were equipting our trucks with moose bars and infra red cameras,you like you said couldnt see them in the dark massive animal blends in well even i n the snow,the camera would spot them about 100yrds away,which isnt much time for braking in a 80 thousand pound loaded truck ,but they did help with damage and lives,in a truck only choice you have be animal or human,go straight over them,sounds hard but more lives are lost just buy trying to avoid something

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
cronick waste dieses is trying to make here down south,bad ass shit,like mad cow dieses,the buck he ran over only had hid head and one horn 2ft off his head broke snapped neck,i drug it off the road were no one else would hit it in the dark,pissed me off too deer went right around 300 lbs of fresh meat
☹ that sucks. Fkn price of cow up here is outrageous we don't buy 3 steaks here for $45 very often usually stick to burger from 3-6$ a pound.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Yup, decapitation by moose is a fairly common thing in highway accidents up here. It was very common in NB before they fenced the hwy and installed animal crossings everywhere.

Top Bottom