Plumber's First Coco Grow

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I love the heat and have spent a large portion of my life either living in the heat ( Hawaii & California ) or spending every dollar I could get my hands on for a 2 week south every year ( for over 25 years) 22 countries 30 states and all 10 Canadian provinces I've driven in through and around looking for that perfect place on the beach. I found it in Mahahual Mexico in a little cabana on the beach for about $100 US/ night breakfast included
Fat fker in that pic, that was 4 years ago at 63 yrs old. Fk I had more hair on top but the weight's about right. If I was 7' tall like Shaq I'd just be chunky

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Aphids this week
CM200213 074518005

I've been kinda expecting them. Every year before harvest they move in on the fading leaves. We have a good population of preditors so the last thing I want to do it kill them along with the aphids but I have to control their population.

This time I'm trying something different. Imstead of spraying anything I'm wiping the infected leaves with a neem and dawn dish soap mix, 1 tbl of each in 1 liter water lightly with a sponge.
20200213 074609

With aphids come ants at no extra charge. The ants feed from the honeydew produced by the aphids and also herd (like cattle) and protect them from natural predators.

I placed 5 of these diy ant baits in the big greenhouse yesterday morning
20200213 074542

and today no ants, none. Hard to believe it worked this fast.

Ant bait:
6 cups water
6 cups sugar
1/2 cup honey
12 tablespoons Borax

Bring to a boil while stiring

Cool and add 1/2 cup to a water/soda bottle, cut a couple small holes and drip some honey on the holes. Place near ant trails.

I really don't mind a few aphids here and there and always see a few when trimming along with a scale or 2 on a stem but these little bastards can reproduce quick.

That leaf above was the worst and I was suprised to see this many on one large fan leaf with no ants around. I can only assume I haden't wiped that leaf yet. It's done now so we'll see how they all look when I get home.

No aphids seen on the 4 plants outside, yet.

I should be done and home before sunset today and I'll take some pics and update, both the aphids and the girls. Getting very close to my fisrt outside winter harvest!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Thursday update

Large greenhouse
20200213 161642

The first 3 are the only ones with aphids but looking better this afternoon
CM200213 161322008

Even though the ants are back
CM200213 161302007

Guess it was too cold for 'em this morning.

The 4 girls getting close
20200213 162351

No aphids yet. They must like the protection of the greenhouse.

Had to add a close up
CM200213 160058005

YUM!

GDP's
20200213 162418

Male on the right. No sense topping him again. I'll pollinate a few lower branches of one of Chemgophers in the large greenhouse along with the fenale GDP.

Kratky veggies
20200213 161817

Brussels sprouts/broccoli

Lettuce/cherry tomato
20200213 161921
20200213 161839

20200213 162311

20200213 161827

Snap peas
20200213 160329

Purple green beans and a pepper
20200213 161859

Toy choy
20200213 161834

Spinach/cherry tomato
20200213 161930

Wagging war on the aphids and ants. I'll make more ant baits and going to use a paint brush to apply the neem/soap mix to the infected leaves.

All for now, Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

How tall are your chemgophers in the greenhouse at the top?
5 feet with only a 2 month veg in 1 gal pots. As soon as I take down a few outside I'll move a few of these out.

They were only topped once. The plan was for 3 to produce 8 tops but life got in the way and they didn't get cut.

These have a strong stretch. I've seen 18-30" but 2' is the norm. Most of those above went 30" or more.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Getting close. I really want to get the large tomatoes going but too cold. I'll start them soon in the seed warmer but they can't stay in there for more than a few days after popping (too humid) and too cold for them in the greenhouses. Hopefully by the end of the month and I can bring the seedlings inside for a month. It's going to be another beautiful warm day after 30F again this morning.
View attachment 938175
Yesterday morning we had patches of frost on the ground.
View attachment 938176
C.O.L.D!
WE have some frost here today

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just a little frost😨 I bet the ground is frozen solid. That would kill me, my back would lock right up.
Its hard to believe but you do get used to it, -16 for a while today and I'm out in a T shirt, not long mind you but I have to go out to get into my grow room or work room, not far 1 min to grow 2 to work shop but I'm in a Tshirt. I came out of my grow room last night nice and warm 80f in tshirt and stepped out into -15 with wind, let me tell you that takes your breath away quick.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Harvested 1 plant yesterday
20200218 082619

I've got 4 spears hanging and a 4 oz bag of trim in the deep freeze
20200218 081621

Wanting to make some hash but not until I can dedicate a few hours. I've been bagging ice and moving it to the freezer.

I moved a plant from the greenhouse to take its place
20200218 0816590

I plan on taking down 1 a week so trimming doesn't take a day plus. They're 12+ weeks in flower and while they never fattened up the trichs are all cloudy and 10% amber, it's time.

GDP female
20200218 082503

I think I'll use her as a mom and clone several dozen this spring. I'd love to have a bunch of these in the back 40 along the West fence (the greenhouses, herb garden and veggie garden are all on the East side of the backyard. The back 40 refers to a 40x40' area of fruit trees directly behind the South facing section of the house) but I'll have to find a new spot for males.

Feb 25th is planting day. Time to get with it, I'm not getting any younger and may move next year so I need to grow as much as possible.

I believe I'll start the next winter grow in June so they'll have much better weather for flowering and can harvest between my bday and Christmas. The cold this winter has been harsh and while it did give me beautiful bud and leaf colors the flowers are not swelling like they do in the fall. I'll make hash with each harvested plant trim, dry and cure the bud and freeze as much fresh as possible to make concentrates.

This was a huge learing experience using coco, hydro nutes and growing in winter outside and has hopefully set me up for a banner summer and that begins in 1 week.

Happy Growing!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Harvested 1 plant yesterday
View attachment 942519
I've got 4 spears hanging and a 4 oz bag of trim in the deep freeze
View attachment 942521
Wanting to make some hash but not until I can dedicate a few hours. I've been bagging ice and moving it to the freezer.

I moved a plant from the greenhouse to take its place
View attachment 942522

I plan on taking down 1 a week so trimming doesn't take a day plus. They're 12+ weeks in flower and while they never fattened up the trichs are all cloudy and 10% amber, it's time.

GDP female
View attachment 942527
I think I'll use her as a mom and clone several dozen this spring. I'd love to have a bunch of these in the back 40 along the West fence (the greenhouses, herb garden and veggie garden are all on the East side of the backyard. The back 40 refers to a 40x40' area of fruit trees directly behind the South facing section of the house) but I'll have to find a new spot for males.

Feb 25th is planting day. Time to get with it, I'm not getting any younger and may move next year so I need to grow as much as possible.

I believe I'll start the next winter grow in June so they'll have much better weather for flowering and can harvest between my bday and Christmas. The cold this winter has been harsh and while it did give me beautiful bud and leaf colors the flowers are not swelling like they do in the fall. I'll make hash with each harvested plant trim, dry and cure the bud and freeze as much fresh as possible to make concentrates.

This was a huge learing experience using coco, hydro nutes and growing in winter outside and has hopefully set me up for a banner summer and that begins in 1 week.

Happy Growing!
I've read some post of yours mentioning moving east and wanting a supply before you go. I watch a bunch of first Amendment audit video's on Youtube. There is a bad habit (apparently) for Highway cops to be out trolling for out of state plates and in particular Californian plates knowing with the states Liberal attitude chance are good you'll be packing the devils weed. There are some very good don't tread on my rights guys holding their ground and refusing to be ordered around by the highway extortionists. I get a kick out of guys that know the law better than the thugs with guns to the point where the cops just get frustrated and walk away.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I've read some post of yours mentioning moving east and wanting a supply before you go. I watch a bunch of first Amendment audit video's on Youtube. There is a bad habit (apparently) for Highway cops to be out trolling for out of state plates and in particular Californian plates knowing with the states Liberal attitude chance are good you'll be packing the devils weed. There are some very good don't tread on my rights guys holding their ground and refusing to be ordered around by the highway extortionists. I get a kick out of guys that know the law better than the thugs with guns to the point where the cops just get frustrated and walk away.
I figured on boxing up everything and having a friend ship it then renting a 20' van with out of state plates to move what we keep. We'll sell the cars. Maybe 2 or 3 boxes and seeds in each box and ship them separate. Something to think about.👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I figured on boxing up everything and having a friend ship it then renting a 20' van with out of state plates to move what we keep. We'll sell the cars. Maybe 2 or 3 boxes and seeds in each box and ship them separate. Something to think about.👍
The Yoggie Bear hatted road trolls will smell pot if you fart in the state. I'm supper paranoid about southern jails. I'd find the pot tolerating states and zig zag through if possible. I've been through Texas and loved it but I'd go out of my way to avoid driving through without Texas plates ( from what I've seen on YT) There are still some zero tolerance states I'd avoid driving through with anything other than Budweiser.

basscaptain

basscaptain

there's no problem moving it....... as long as your not in your 20 -30's and looking like a azz your good.......

just run though TX in the am like 4am-9am mix in with the regs......... It's the only state to worry about besides TN......

TN State Troups will pull you over Like TX if they think something is up on the 40............

If you get ready to move and need help I'll move the stuff 1 trip in my truck and trailer.... 26' car hauler if you want as long as I'm not working a full time job by then like at wal mart or something that has control of a week of my life...............

basscaptain

basscaptain

here's something else to think about ... if I get a REAL Job you can always ship some boxs to my address since you all ready have it......
and then your stuff is here before you even leave Ca....... If you do that I will not open your boxs....... Just use my address with your name and I'll Tell Nick my mail man your name is ok also........

basscaptain

basscaptain

hell if you have time....Extra time.......you could always drive out here get your rental house and power and etc... up and going.... and then
use my truck and trailer and move yourself .... when your done just drop it back off.... It sits Most the time anyways now.....

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

hell if you have time....Extra time.......you could always drive out here get your rental house and power and etc... up and going.... and then
use my truck and trailer and move yourself .... when your done just drop it back off.... It sits Most the time anyways now.....
We'll talk later, after we make the move. If, we make the move. I LOVE YOU MAN, but would never ask such a thing. We're good😉 we will be visting and vise versa.

So I made some hash
20200219 181034

and toked some up
20200219 181735

YES! More please.

I'm down to a 220, 73 and 25 micron bags. It worked. Maybe not be the cleanest but damn good. I need to order a new set of bags. Cheap these days, amazon $25.

Pulled out 4 grams of hash out of 90+ grams of trim that would have been mulch. I plan on cutting at least 1 plant this weekend and have several oz's of lower stems w/ flowers all dried. I'll run it and the trim through the bags. More please!

I plan on making tincture from the hash as well. What the hell?

Does that that rhyme? Another hit please.😉

I'm toast, little pain. Gonna take some bong tokes. Gonna go into a coma. Gonna be back tomorrow🤣

Oh hell yeah.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Bowl of hash
20200222 142227

It's what's for dinner! I mean besides the Ginger Ale and vodka, of course.

Long week and rain today while I was working. Get home and sunny. Weather by Sybil.

Just ordered more hash bags. Thought about ordering the washing machine. I'm old but not that old.

Would like to try some dry ice hash making. At $1.49lb I'm gonna have to give it a try. Even adding it to water/ice should work even better but would be interesting to see how the co2 freezes the weed/trichromes. You know, for science and all.

Just puffed a J of 2 month old GDP tops. Yeah, just the tops. Damn near finished it, too. Granted I did take a few hash hits and am totally toast but hey, I'm like McDonald's and lovin' it.

I'm old school. I remember rating leaf from year to year when learning to grow. When we topped we always puffed that leaf when it was dry amd looked forward to the day. These days I compost 99+% of leaves but I sure plan on lighting up a black leaf J or 2 or 5.
20200222 160400

Hell, I bet a half one would do the trick and I enjoy rolling up. Always have. Maybe just missing cigarettes? 4 1/2 months since I quit. After 43 years can't believe it. Always figured I'd be buried (cremated?) wth a pack in my pocket and maybe one between my teath. Vape rocks, it took a couple years playing with it but I no longer smell like an ashtray. Pretty frickin' happy.

So still looking and not touching
CM200222 160258003

You know I wanna. Looked real close and not enough amber and worse!!! my neighbor got all talkative after a bowl of hash last night.

Ya know what's funny? I grew in winter with the hope of a monthly harvest. Got all my skills handed to me in November by mice/rats eating seedling but here I am with 11 adult females, all several weeks plus away from peak harvest, out frickin' side and I harvested last week and since made 4 gms of hash.

This year looks to be the best in many. Just hope we don't get any more freezes and we're golden. Saw a fb post of mine yesterday of hail last year. Planting tomorrow, like a lot.

Wow, stoned and rambling, I'm sure this will help someone on their current or future grow.🤣

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Bowl of hash
View attachment 943819
It's what's for dinner! I mean besides the Ginger Ale and vodka, of course.

Long week and rain today while I was working. Get home and sunny. Weather by Sybil.

Just ordered more hash bags. Thought about ordering the washing machine. I'm old but not that old.

Would like to try some dry ice hash making. At $1.49lb I'm gonna have to give it a try. Even adding it to water/ice should work even better but would be interesting to see how the co2 freezes the weed/trichromes. You know, for science and all.

Just puffed a J of 2 month old GDP tops. Yeah, just the tops. Damn near finished it, too. Granted I did take a few hash hits and am totally toast but hey, I'm like McDonald's and lovin' it.

I'm old school. I remember rating leaf from year to year when learning to grow. When we topped we always puffed that leaf when it was dry amd looked forward to the day. These days I compost 99+% of leaves but I sure plan on lighting up a black leaf J or 2 or 5.
View attachment 943850
Hell, I bet a half one would do the trick and I enjoy rolling up. Always have. Maybe just missing cigarettes? 4 1/2 months since I quit. After 43 years can't believe it. Always figured I'd be buried (cremated?) wth a pack in my pocket and maybe one between my teath. Vape rocks, it took a couple years playing with it but I no longer smell like an ashtray. Pretty frickin' happy.

So still looking and not touching
View attachment 943851
You know I wanna. Looked real close and not enough amber and worse!!! my neighbor got all talkative after a bowl of hash last night.

Ya know what's funny? I grew in winter with the hope of a monthly harvest. Got all my skills handed to me in November by mice/rats eating seedling but here I am with 11 adult females, all several weeks plus away from peak harvest, out frickin' side and I harvested last week and since made 4 gms of hash.

This year looks to be the best in many. Just hope we don't get any more freezes and we're golden. Saw a fb post of mine yesterday of hail last year. Planting tomorrow, like a lot.

Wow, stoned and rambling, I'm sure this will help someone on their current or future grow.🤣

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth!
Down with all that cept working on Saturday! And I was co planning bout workin to much ! Lol and yes I leArn something from everyone even if it’s what not to do. Chemdog x Brutus og on deck may need ya !

Top Bottom