Plumbers Grow Diary

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just dry and real light (shake that bottle up well and point up) early evening or early morning like today at 5am.

I gave up treating these
View attachment 890817
just watering every 2 days. It should be green and flowered instead of dead and dying. Frickin PM. We don't eat these and they're in a pot around the pool so all options are on the table. Nuke it!😂

I'm gonna cut it down and spray the supports and fence with neem and a coating of sulfur on everything and move the seedlings in. Gotta be careful as the fish bowl is right there. Neem is safe but have no idea on the sulfur. I'll research it.

Again, Thanks!!!

A far more effective method you should try next time is mix a Tbsp of sulphur in a liter of water, shake it good and spray the heck out of the plants. Gets every bit of mildew and washes it away while it kills it. When it dries it leaves a thin film of sulphur on the whole plant. I find it nearly as effective as burning for preventative, and even more effective for removing it once it's there.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

A far more effective method you should try next time is mix a Tbsp of sulphur in a liter of water, shake it good and spray the heck out of the plants. Gets every bit of mildew and washes it away while it kills it. When it dries it leaves a thin film of sulphur on the whole plant. I find it nearly as effective as burning for preventative, and even more effective for removing it once it's there.
I'll mix up a batch this weekend and start using it. I don't think it will hurt the fish but I'll just cover em. It has kept the plants clean. Beans are 4-5'
20190826 163018

and see I need to add some twine. Growing like weeds.

I bought Lilly Miller 90% and the label has the same recipe as well as light dusting more often, spray every 7-10 days. It's working and helping make my wife happy, sweet peas are her favorite. She told me her granny always had them next to her gate and fond memories are remembered bringing smiles. Good stuff and important to me to grow them year round if possible.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I'll mix up a batch this weekend and start using it. I don't think it will hurt the fish but I'll just cover em. It has kept the plants clean. Beans are 4-5'
View attachment 891062
and see I need to add some twine. Growing like weeds.

I bought Lilly Miller 90% and the label has the same recipe as well as light dusting more often, spray every 7-10 days. It's working and helping make my wife happy, sweet peas are her favorite. She told me her granny always had them next to her gate and fond memories are remembered bringing smiles. Good stuff and important to me to grow them year round if possible.
Sweet peas are very pretty and a good cut flower!

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

No I think its a Cecropia Caterpillar (after my Duckduckgo search) It looks like it would eat my poor plant whole.
Ick well it looks like hornworms cousin then and they eat every bloom and fruit on my tomatoes...that why Inside grow,..except tomatoes .too many pests in Oklahoma.. I would have to have a continual de on every little part of everything or something would eat it.....thx for the Info though😎

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

It could be worse. I found this guy wandering around my new greenhouse.
That one I'd research and if it's a butterfly larve I'd allow it live and turn in to a butterfly, but away from my plants.

Love the greenhouse. I made one with a pallet and 3/4" PVC pipe. Double/triple wrap in winter.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Like your little greenhouse. I am sure that if I tried it something would probably eat the dang plastic.cool idea.how do you get circulation in it and u must have perfect weather , it would be a hot house in my yard. Cool thought though. 😎✨
I used that little pallet one to pop seeds in winter/spring. As long as the sun was shining it heated up. I left an opening at the top of one side and air would flow up from around the pallet. Real hot days I'd leave it open. Cold days/weeks I wrapped the pallet. Worked well but the following year I built a 6x9' PVC greenhouse. I wrap it with cheap plastic twice a year, spring and fall and works like a champ. Adding lights this year so using thick black plastic on north side and a third or so of the north east backside to diffuse some of the extra light. Don't want to draw any undue attention.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Ick well it looks like hornworms cousin then and they eat every bloom and fruit on my tomatoes...that why Inside grow,..except tomatoes .too many pests in Oklahoma.. I would have to have a continual de on every little part of everything or something would eat it.....thx for the Info though😎

It could be worse. I found this guy wandering around my new greenhouse.
Yes a tomato worm! I've got one on one tomate plant & haven't been able to find it all season!!! :(

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Like your little greenhouse. I am sure that if I tried it something would probably eat the dang plastic.cool idea.how do you get circulation in it and u must have perfect weather , it would be a hot house in my yard. Cool thought though. 😎✨
I perferated the top and top sides with a skewer a couple hundred times and temps are from now on here only mid 70's day max. I only bring her out for 11-12 hrs then back in my veg room overnight.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've never seen them here before, with its colorful horns on it it looks deadly but I just read that squirrls eat them which lowers their population drastically. My cat spotted it and jumped back, I thought it was a pine cone at first, I took some pics and put it back in the debris behind my fire pit. I'd love to see it in its metamorphosed state I've seen giant moths and grubs like that down In Costa Rica where it's tropical, but here in the cold north? We're suposedly at the outer limits of its range I guess I was just lucky to have the cat spot it and I not stomp on it. When I saw your catapilar picks I thought this guy was apt.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I used that little pallet one to pop seeds in winter/spring. As long as the sun was shining it heated up. I left an opening at the top of one side and air would flow up from around the pallet. Real hot days I'd leave it open. Cold days/weeks I wrapped the pallet. Worked well but the following year I built a 6x9' PVC greenhouse. I wrap it with cheap plastic twice a year, spring and fall and works like a champ. Adding lights this year so using thick black plastic on north side and a third or so of the north east backside to diffuse some of the extra light. Don't want to draw any undue attention.
I barely cut any wood for this thing, it is from pieces I had in my shop, I doubt any of the pieces are the same width or thickness, I just chopped them to the lengths I wanted drilled some holes in them and screwed em together. The roof lol day 1 it had a flat top but after a smoke I thought pitched roof, with another piece I had I messured it to be 26" so I cut it in half drilled some holes in the ends and took them up to add a roof One piece was 12 " long the other 14" wtf now I have a tilt to a slanted roof. folk art is big up here lol.

Seraphine

Seraphine

What ratio of each are you using?

I’ve been tweaking my formula for my flowering plants. I’m trying to avoid too much nitrogen in flower and I think I am figuring out a good formula for them. I’ve had phenomenal growth and bud fattening and hardening on this stuff. I also added more lights too so it’s prob a combo of both. My dried buds are rock solid!

Latest posts

Top Bottom