Plumbers Grow Diary

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What ratio of each are you using?

I’ve been tweaking my formula for my flowering plants. I’m trying to avoid too much nitrogen in flower and I think I am figuring out a good formula for them. I’ve had phenomenal growth and bud fattening and hardening on this stuff. I also added more lights too so it’s prob a combo of both. My dried buds are rock solid!
I'm mixing it as directed, the only thing I'm varying is my PPM by cutting it with various amounts of water

I've been giving mature plants 500 - 600 PPM, and plants going through the stretch 700 -800, and veg plants are getting 333-400 PPM, this seems to be working at these ratios, for what I have going now at least

If I see a need to boost the bloom I would cut the master blend 50/50 with Peters Bloom booster, but honestly I'm not seeing any need! I love the simplicity of using it as directed & I'm getting great results with it, I'm loving this stuff! :)

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

+1 👍

Plumber I love this Master Blend! I just watered a whole tent of plants in bloom at all different stages and all I did was vary the PPM of the master blend, it's awesome stuff!
Remember my horse manure plant?
20190826 171159

MasterBlend. She's potted otherwise I wouldn't have use it. Saved her from being pulled and looks like I'll get a few buds off her.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Shootout to SuperThrive. Popped 5 seeds in 3 days.
20190828 195015

I bought it to pop seeds and for clones. Good stuff so far. We'll see when cloning time comes.

I also used it on 10 pepper transplants into the garden. All 10 seedlings are killing it. 8 serrano's and 2 F2 habanero's. I make hot sauce for an extended family member and his wife every Christmas. Habanero will be the base this year. F1 were HOT mothers. I may even avoid this batch. Bio gear may be required.

I've been separating coco dust and coir, rinsing out the salts and soaking in a calmag solution. Amazing stuff and will be using it to pop seeds in the future.

Wife made stretchy pants tacos for dinner. I'm hurting. I feel a food coma coming on.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

In 4 days all but one seed has popped. 4 frickin days. Usually it's 5-7 days. Amazing. I really look forward to using SuperThrive for cloning.

Still seeing baby grasshoppers.
20190829 182747

And one adult.
20190829 121220

Cabbage moth larva are still munching my buds.
20190829 183530

I've removed at least a quarter oz in the past week plus 18 larva and may pull the plant early as the smoke is dynamite.

I just removed at least another eighth plus.
20190829 184539

I'll have to take precautions next spring/summer but not worried this fall/winter as the plants will be kept in a greenhouse.

I took one hit and really feeling it. And yes, I cleaned out the worm turds although they might be real good😜

Amazing how this bud was dried in the hot sun yet tastes good and is stoney as hell. Maybe I'll just let the worms do their thing and harvest every few days. No hanging or curing, just pick and enjoy. Instead of smashing the worms I should sell 'em! Buds without the hassle of dry and cure. Could be a new thing. Who's got some extra cash and don't wanna spend a week of nights trimming?😂

In all seriousness whatever I do next year to keep those bastards from invading my girls (this is the only one affected so far) I believe I'll allow one to go without the treatment so I can have a weekly harvest. This really isn't so bad, they don't eat that much bud and I've got good smoke without all the hassles. Life is good.😉

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Our boy is doing pretty good with his sunflower.
20190831 111839

I gave him that moisture worm, showed him how to use the moisture meter and taught him to lift the pot daily as he was overwatering for about a week. I also told him to clip off the smaller seedling. He wanted to grow both in a one gallon pot.

He's learning so I'm giving him 2 seedlings. I told him it's time to get some skin in the game and buy two 5 gallon pots and organic potting soil and he can grow these by his bedroom window and I'll teach him how to mix and use the teas.

The plants will flower within 2 months and give him Christmas bud. Nothing like Christmas bud you grew.

Really excited for him. He's been totally into the sunflower checking it twice daily. I believe the grow bug has hit him.

I'm still sharing bud with moth larve.
20190831 123037

I'm puffing my fair share as well. I rolled one up last night, took a few hits and went to bed. Lit it up an hour ago, took a couple hits and still flying. Not as much body high which is good so I can get a few things done. Luckily she's still the only one effected.

The 😍 Love Birds
20190831 123013

Gopher clone from #1 plant. She's been a joy.

Her two little sisters
20190831 123016

20190831 123020

are still fighting tomatoes for sun but doing well.

This one
20190831 123103

is the thinnest one of this strain I've seen. Full of seeds too. Figures. I'll hang on to these seeds just in case. Hope I never have to use them. Better be good smoke at least.

The horse manure plant
20190831 123140

was saved by using MasterBlend nutes. She's potted so I figured why not try. She was 13" tall for almost 3 weeks. She's about 2' greened up and flowering. I expect a few buds. Nice.

My first coco grow is under way with seedlings being transplanted this evening. Blown away with how quickly the seeds popped. If you got nothing better to do: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/plumbers-first-coco-grow.106096/

I'll be updating the coco grow this evening after transplanting. I'll grow a few in soil, don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Set up the coco and perlite ready to mix and my neighbor shows up. Break time! Puffed some Lucy's Diamonds.
20190831 202804

Pretty hard hitting indica.

So he hangs out for a few hours and we were toast then I have to transplant. Went back out to the buckets and look who set up shop.
20190831 230007

Brown widow. No time for games she got smashed.
20190831 233742

Got 8 done. Will deal with the others tomorrow. I plan on putting a few in soil.

Got 6 giant pumpkins pumpkining.
20190901 004327

No clue why the two won't grow. They're heading for the compost pile.

Toasted. Must sleep soon.

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Allowing the moth larve plant to continue.
20190905 215919

Thought about clipping as it's past 9 weeks but it's supplying me with weekly bud to smoke.
20190905 220027

Pulled this off by hand. I'll be smoking this for the next few days. Really liking harvesting without all the clipping and jarring. Yeah, I jar it but it's ready to smoke.
20190905 173454

and I'm doing just that, with the bud I pulled a few days ago. Awesome taste and high.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Some pumpkins for you:)
Back at ya
20190907 225621

That middle one was the last. A little bumpy. The parent was all bumpy. I'll keep some seeds and grow these next year. Can't wait to see the giants. Worried they won't be ready for Halloween.

Before those bastard worms invade my other plants I picked up a bottle of bt.
20190907 230116

More worried about seeds maturing.

Fall/Winter grow continues
20190907 175713

I'm only feeding 1/8 tsp per gal daily of MasterBlend. No calmag added yet as the coco was soaked in a strong solution. Guess I should update my coco grow diary.

The larger pots are a soil mix.

As always a lot of work to do tomorrow, my only day off. 90F is in the forecast so I foresee many toke breaks.

Updates tomorrow.

Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

The fun never ends
20190911 170817

Collected another eighth and only 3 worms. Sprayed all females with bt. Seems to be working. Those 2 immature seeds piss me off more than anything. Have I said seeds are too expensive in a while? TRUTH! I wish I had just 10% of all I've thrown away.

MANDATED PETA ANNOUNCEMENT! No worms were harmed in the making of these photos. Afterward they were SMASHED under my fucking boot, K?

I've decided to join the 20th... wait, what? OH, okay... I've decided to join the 21st century. Since this coconut waste material and MasterBlend seem to be working kinda well I've been researching different growing methods.

Since I've found that I have a favorite chair, bong, pipe, tincture recipe, etc. and from the literature and videos the Kratky method seems taylormade for me.
20190911 181510

I'll start with basil and see what happens.

I'm really happy with this worm shit bud.
20190911 182455

Bonging now and thinking about rolling one up. I've got a few grams of Lucy, GG4, Blue Dream, Willie's Sour Diesel, etc but prefer this worm eaten shit. Dynamite high and taste. I'll get tired of it soon enough as I do with all strains. It is what it is but for now it's been a joy.

The past few weeks the high compared well with Blue Dream. It's day 73 in flower and hitting harder. Nice. Coco caps from this should rock.

Lovin' the Love Birds😍
20190911 182952

Picked 2 moth larve off her and 1 off him. Didn't spray all the male. Will remedie that this evening and overcoat the female again. Stuff lasts about a week without rain and more won't hurt her.

Got a couple other females doing well
20190911 183322

20190911 183242

Look at the seed pods. Yeah, I want seeds and the smoke isn't much different. Try it. You might be like Mikey! God I'm old...

14 Days

Coco hydro
20190911 190514

Soil
20190911 190521

Hum, let me take a few minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, etc to figure out which method I'm going to focus on in the coming days, weeks, months... you get the picture.

My potting mix is rocking and plan on adding coco. I've been debating and I might as well try. Let's face it, I'm not getting any younger. Have I mentioned I HATE growing in pots yet? Coco/hydro has my fill attention!

Another day is coming to an an end
20190911 192758

Until next time, Happy Growing!

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Quick update

Sunshine today. Charged up an old phone and took a few picks. I'll grab one of my old cameras tomorrow and get shots of everything, weather permitting of course but had to share this one of a baby praying mantis patrolling one of my females. Love this pic.

Another long day of work ahead so until tomorrow, Happy Growing.

Love this pic too, want it to be my phone wallpaper :love2:

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi Plumber, your grow dairy impresses me so deeply, you are totally the growing Expert, do you have any interest do a comparison, indoor&outdoor?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Hi Plumber, your grow dairy impresses me so deeply, you are totally the growing Expert, do you have any interest do a comparison, indoor&outdoor?
Killing me.
Won't ever do indoors again. Not worth the expense. I believe I can add a few hours of light with LEDs/CFL's in a greenhouse here in sunny so cal and move a few each month for flower to another greenhouse.

Monthly harvest is the goal. We'll see. This will be a first. Lot's of first this year. Keeps life interesting.

Madbud

Madbud

Back at ya
View attachment 894239
That middle one was the last. A little bumpy. The parent was all bumpy. I'll keep some seeds and grow these next year. Can't wait to see the giants. Worried they won't be ready for Halloween.

Before those bastard worms invade my other plants I picked up a bottle of bt.
View attachment 894240
More worried about seeds maturing.

Fall/Winter grow continues
View attachment 894242
I'm only feeding 1/8 tsp per gal daily of MasterBlend. No calmag added yet as the coco was soaked in a strong solution. Guess I should update my coco grow diary.

The larger pots are a soil mix.

As always a lot of work to do tomorrow, my only day off. 90F is in the forecast so I foresee many toke breaks.

Updates tomorrow.

Happy Growing!
This is only 15% BTK for $15. Guess you got a deal at 98.5% for $50!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Update 9-15-2019

Totally sold on coco/hydro.
20190914 235508

Out of 12 I've got one runt. Soil? 2 out of 2.

It's been at least a week since I've taken a nighttime stroll in the garden.

The 😍Love Birds
20190914 235249

She's had 2 dried moth larve bud for the past week when I sprayed with bt. She looks pretty awesome tonight.
20190914 235320

Even the moth larve eaten girl is producing more flowers.
20190914 235235

Then there's my other girls.
20190914 235036
20190914 235123

20190914 235259

20190914 235307

All about 10 weeks into flower. Harvest should be nice.

It's been an interesting and eventful season and the fall harvest from now on will not be the end of my growing season.

Along with the monthly coco/hydro grow I plan on adding tomatoes. Really tired of purchasing tomatoes without taste. And the herbs I can grow. Oh my.

Hope your weekend ROCKS and your grow is even better!

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Paid $15.99 + tax for a pint.
View attachment 895993
Don't think I'll need to buy more for the next year and plan on spraying all outdoor adults. Spraying weekly and no more moth larva munched bud but more work for me.😂
Yeah, i don’t get real aggressive with it, just a misting every couple days, same for the lawn around them. And a quick freshwater soak after chop, nice clean bud. Not seeing any debris like last year.👍

Top Bottom