PM or grey mold??

• Thread starter neewb432
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
neewb432

neewb432

Pm or grey mold
Pm or grey mold 2
Dinafem diesel. In ultra coir. Under 600w mh at 75%. 20/4 light cycle. 77 on temp 68 off. 60% rh. 11 days since pop. 2 waters with distilled and 1 drop superthrive. 1 feeding 1/4 blue plant 3 part with 6.2 ph water. Tap water through a rainshowr filter. 170 ppm. 4x4 tent. Indoors. Other 2 plants look opposite of her. Same age, they are way larger and look happy. Apple jack and killa watt. Hoping its just a diesel thing but its looking more like grey mold or even a deficiancy.
Pm or grey mold 3
Its kinda got a fuzzy look and texture to leaves. Shes dry right now wanting to transplant today into 7 gal pot. I know not best pics but hope it helps. The pics are over 4 days. Top being youngest. One above being just now.
Pm or grey mold 4
pic of killa-watt same everything as diesel. Feedings and waters and such. Popped same day. Transplanted this one three days ago. Was afraid to trans diesel if something was wrong.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Hows your fresh air in there? That fuzzy grey mold looks like classic cob web a result of a lack of fresh air.

neewb432

neewb432

Hows your fresh air in there? That fuzzy grey mold looks like classic cob web a result of a lack of fresh air.
I have 2 200 cfm fans pulling air in and 1 400 set at about 70% for exhaust. One intake is pulling from room tent is in. Other is pulling from ac vent. During off cycle i drop intake from ac to keep temp from dropping to low. I have 2 6" fans for air movement in sent. Keep the girls swaying pretty good at their size.

Last edited:
MrBanjo

MrBanjo

4 fans and a dehumidifier/humidifier(couldn't tell which) for three baby seedling seems like over kill. Maybe I'm just too old and crochety these days, I'm incredibly conscious of power consumption.

neewb432

neewb432

4 fans and a dehumidifier/humidifier(couldn't tell which) for three baby seedling seems like over kill. Maybe I'm just too old and crochety these days, I'm incredibly conscious of power consumption.
i know was worried about not enough air. But also need to keep temp down. MH gets pretty darn hot. Dont have a tube so my one 6" duct is pointed at the light

neewb432

neewb432

Just bought a power consumtion meter on amazon. Im interested to see how much im really using.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First, does it rub off? I ask because I popped several seeds this year that showed damn near the exact same crinkling and coloration. Definitely *not* PM or mold in my case, but I have yet to figure out what it really is. The chickens ate two of them, one's grown out of it (though it still has the affected leaves), another is only just beginning to really grow vigorously and all were planted literally months ago.

My own guess, however, is possibly a virus (some can be passed through seed) or a mutation.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah good question.. does it rub off or not? IF it don't rub off its not mold..

neewb432

neewb432

First, does it rub off? I ask because I popped several seeds this year that showed damn near the exact same crinkling and coloration. Definitely *not* PM or mold in my case, but I have yet to figure out what it really is. The chickens ate two of them, one's grown out of it (though it still has the affected leaves), another is only just beginning to really grow vigorously and all were planted literally months ago.

My own guess, however, is possibly a virus (some can be passed through seed) or a mutation.
I will rub her this evening. Lol. Thank you.

neewb432

neewb432

20140803 123119
it looks kinda like troll doll hair. Kinda has same feel to. But doesnt rub off. Her roots looked really really good.

Last edited:
neewb432

neewb432

Went ahead and transplanted her and 20% blue planet feed. Dropped light 2 inches.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I personally would bring the temp up to help encourage the medium to dry out more frequently.

They can take the heat, let it hang around 80 during the day perhaps. They will grow faster with more heat too so long as you have enough light and keep the roots happy

neewb432

neewb432

I personally would bring the temp up to help encourage the medium to dry out more frequently.

They can take the heat, let it hang around 80 during the day perhaps. They will grow faster with more heat too so long as you have enough light and keep the roots happy
Thank you this ultra coir drys super fast. And drains very well. Today was 3rd day since feed and it was pretty dry and other plant was leaning alittle like it was thirsty. Her solo cup was bone dry.
20140803 045716

Last edited:
neewb432

neewb432

Cool i cranked it up to full 600w mh. Light at 16" from her 14" from my others. Being tiny and all

SunGrown

SunGrown

Cool i cranked it up to full 600w mh. Light at 16" from her 14" from my others. Being tiny and all
I think you can move the light higher as well. I would put it at least 2 feet over top if at 600 watts. Maybe I would go to three feet for the next few weeks to encourage a little stretch

neewb432

neewb432

I think you can move the light higher as well. I would put it at least 2 feet over top if at 600 watts. Maybe I would go to three feet for the next few weeks to encourage a little stretch
Crud. My other twp plants are pretty strechy from being under t5 for about 5 days. Had it to high. Cool i will give it a try. Thank you

SunGrown

SunGrown

no prob, just suggestions anyway. It is very hard to offer certain types of advise without actually being there in the room with the person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom