Pnw Outdoor Grow 2018

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Things are starting to come together for this summer's efforts. The beds are prepared, the seedlings are started and doing nicely after some initial struggles for a couple of them. Those are two each of White Widow and Original Glue from Nirvana Seeds, plus two Chem Dawgs from MSNL. All feminized. This is my third run with the white widow, second run with the chem dawg, first with the OG. Gonna let these grow in the pots for another week or two to help ease transplant shock by getting a firmer root ball, as well as to better control soil moisture. The Chem Dawgs are showing themselves to be very susceptible to over-watering, in particular. Roots are already peeking out of the bottom of a couple of the pots. These have been hardening outside under partial sun for a week, after being raised under a cheapo LED.

The soil in the two smaller beds is a mix of organic raised bed mix from Home Depot, some local soil from the garden, some steer manure compost, and a sawdust compost mix innoculated with Wine Cap (stropharia) mushroom mycelium. Gonna make mushroom compost and wine cap mushrooms at the same time as the grow! The big bed is the same soil mix as last year (originally top soil and compost), leavened with some more 12 bags of steer manure compost. All beds look pretty yummy. Will use the Botanicare nutes again.

The weather is warming, time to do some growing!

Pnw outdoor grow 2018
Pnw outdoor grow 2018 2
DGP

DGP

Are you outside already? If so you need supplemental lighting cause they will initiate flower phase early the they will reveg and stop growing. Days aren't long enough till end of May.

Dee

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Are you outside already? If so you need supplemental lighting cause they will initiate flower phase early the they will reveg and stop growing. Days aren't long enough till end of May.

Dee
THat's not my experience. I put them out two weeks earlier last year, with no issues. At our latitude, they are getting light from 6:30 am to 8:30pm already.

DGP

DGP

THat's not my experience. I put them out two weeks earlier last year, with no issues. At our latitude, they are getting light from 6:30 am to 8:30pm already.
Could be somewhat strain dependent but I have mine in an open greenhouse with a light that is just enough to keep em awake for an extra 2 to 3 hours per day.

Let us know how it goes, very curious how it ends up.

BTW, nice trees!

Dee

clearcut

clearcut

no there is not !! lol my fav as well . they look great bro!! . I'm in a new area and not sure when to plant or if they will even finish before the freeze . I have decent outdoor strains but at well over 4k ft its a scary prospect outdoors .

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

no there is not !! lol my fav as well . they look great bro!! . I'm in a new area and not sure when to plant or if they will even finish before the freeze . I have decent outdoor strains but at well over 4k ft its a scary prospect outdoors .
Yeah, autoflowers may be your ride.

clearcut

clearcut

I bet your right on that . ive never researched on yield or quality with autos . guess its something ill have to learn :)

45North

45North

Hey old man
Had my trees out by mother’s day last year. They B Large! No issues either, but I did wheel them into the garage on a couple of cooler nights and under the patio awning to avoid hail early on.
25, 35 gal. Cloth pots on casters.
45NORTH

45North

45North

I would avoid anything with an October finish.
Dr. Green thumb Iranian Diesel is well established here at over 3500. Been on Mt. Hood for years.
Good luck
45n

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

from Portland you have to go over mt hood and down the other side to get to my house lol . I'm south of bend .....small world!
St Helens area.

Given where you are, there should be plenty of strains that will mature in time. The issue most of us fight that ends our seasons is bud rot, and your lower humidity is a defense against that.

There have to be stores in bend selling cuttings. I'd see what they have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom