Point out my errors please lol!

• Thread starter StonedPngwin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pisces

Pisces

Hey guys… just a heads up.

I've been making Oil religiously for quite a few years now.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news buttttttt, whipping your oil is a very bad idea….. it locks in trapped moisture, condensation, as well as butane causing your oil to "wax" up on you.

That is why the Waxy consistency in the pics above.

Also, You should NEVER blast onto an Oil Slick Pad.

This discussion has been talked about I don't know how many times in previous threads.

overripe

overripe

it's not only butane that can have that effect, nucleation and agitation are also culprits. shatter can have residuals too.

having said that, some people prefer the texture of a whipped/buddered product. whipped concentrate is generalized as under purged because a lot of people use it as an alternative for vacuum purging, in which case the generalization is true. however, as long as it is cleaned and purged properly before buddering/whipping, it's just as clean as properly cleaned and purged shatter.

butane doesn't magically make it's way into your product again after it's already been removed. it depends on the techniques used to reach the end product.

Pisces

Pisces

Just because people "prefer" whipped wax, doesn't make it ok…..

And fwiw, Wax isn't always under purged…..It is also over purged/abused!

Want to easily fuck up your Oil?

Then just make Wax!

overripe

overripe

i'm well aware that peference doesn't dicate anything other than just that. i gave multiple reasons as to why a waxy product can be fully purged and "ok" by the limited industry standards we have today.

while my response offered logical insight, yours was snarky and immature.

for anyone reading this who actually wants to learn something, don't just take my word for it, Graywolf has provided the community with some of the most reliable and valuable information on this subject. here is what he had to say about it.

Pisces

Pisces

Not sure what your arguing about here…. buttttt,

That post from GW was nearly 3 years old and he clearly pointed out that he didn't know all the variables that causes waxing at that time.

(Hi GW …. :) )

He did go on to say that not "All" budder (wax) has butane in it.

But Hell, I could have told you that, which is why I also mentioned that moisture and condensation is also a major culprit when making Oil and that it should be purged well before Vaping.

Like I said, I have been making Oil continuously for the past four years now.

So I would hope that I know a little bit about this stuff too…..

Hodor

Hodor

Soooo...what should I do differently in my process. I don't have a vac chamber and am looking for pointers, as the thread is called point out my errors. Not bicker back n' forth. I had just figured the longer the heat and whipping would mean a more purged wax.

Pisces

Pisces

The truth of the matter is Hodor…. your not going to be able to draw out all the moisture by just leaving it on constant heat alone.

It works, but only to a degree…. you will still experience your end product to be or become waxy over time and this is due to moisture still being present in the oil before it is finished and taken off the heat source.

The best way to "pull" moisture from your oil is through constant, low & steady, heat under Vac…. period.

Sure you can have under/over purged wax, and it'll still get you high…..but it'll be inferior in comparison to a nice solid clear see through slab of Shatter every time.

Hodor

Hodor

The truth of the matter is Hodor…. your not going to be able to draw out all the moisture by just leaving it on constant heat alone.

It works, but only to a degree…. you will still experience your end product to be or become waxy over time and this is due to moisture still being present in the oil before it is finished and taken off the heat source.

The best way to "pull" moisture from your oil is through constant, low & steady, heat under Vac…. period.

Sure you can have under/over purged wax, and it'll still get you high…..but it'll be inferior in comparison to a nice solid clear see through slab of Shatter every time.
Thank you. As I said I am still in the beginning stages of extraction and am in for any helpful input.

J

juggo

I believe freezing the butane and extraction tube not only pulls less wax,but makes a much cleaner extract,if this hasn't been covered yet. When I said you can rerun your filter I meant the sticky filter over the tube that always has extra concentrate on it,although I'm one of those "scrubs" that runs my material twice,considering I only use good bud no trim it seems a waste not to.Also,I stopped evaporating with warm water,because like the poster above said,the last thing you want in your extract is water. I warm up round stainless cookware to about 110 and place my round pyrex inside it,of course outside away from the heat source,to evaporate liquid butane. I also have found that you can place your mostly evaporated{no liquid butane}on top of a lamp with about a 60 watt bulb on the lampshade,and the pyrex gets about 110-115,perfect. I would never whip the concentrate seems like that would trap pesky bubbles in the extract.Above all ALWAYS BLAST OUTSIDE,have fun and be careful. I'm about to blast some yummy blue cheese.

peace,
juggo

Jeckle

Jeckle

Blz run 60hrs on 95f in, 110g top shelf brant back 16.5g, another 45 on 102f amd she will be finished I reckon

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
@juggo do you really find the re-run is worth the extra tane? I've done it my self a few times and its always dark larfy tasting shit not worthy of dabbing unless in a serious fucking hurt.. even for edibles the extra tane for maybe a gram back from an ounce of rerun just not worth it for me i guess..

J

juggo

The way I rerun is in 2 separate batches,I dont mix 1st and second runs.Of course the first pull is gonna yield more,and the quality is a bit better,but the second run extract gets me baked as well. As cheap as this whipit premium is,big can and all,I think its worth it.I like to save the 2nd run stuff a day or so dry it out well,then blast it. I just ran some more blue cheese and some sour deez,in separate pyrexs of course,and Im mixing the second runs with both strains,that should be a nice flavor,save all that throw away 2nd run stuff and mix em all make a unique flavor. Works for me.

peace,
juggo

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

Stems and sticks are high cbd and cbn, you can extract but you need a lot and bear in mind won't be a high more a medicinal quality which sometimes in my opinion is worth more than a high, overall health is relevant that's why I only dab, unclean oil is probably as bad as smoking cigarettes
What would you think would be the best way to process stems? I was thinking iso, but I guess I could fill my extraction tube with half stems half buds. I'm hoping to attempt this sometime next week so I'll post my findings and end results afterwards.

WP 20140816 001
Hodor

Hodor

Pngwin, let me know how it goes. I have a whole Tupperware container I was saving for someone to make tea. Fuck it, I'll blast it if possible. About to blast some strawberry cough and some Bruce banner. Can't wait! And I won't whip it!!

Jeckle

Jeckle

Tbh, consuming the stems in any form is better than none, depending what you want for i.e capsules use ISO or bind with coconut oil slow cook and strain, or if you just don't want to be wasteful then boil them off and drink in tea lol

Top Bottom