Poor man's air cooled hood!

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Here is the best 60 bones I spent on this hobby, well maybe second only to them MoeMist beans atleast :cool0041:

Anywho...it was my objective to eliminate my AC from my room but I didn't have the coin for air cooled hoods so I checked around about retro-fitting cool-tubes to my hoods, some recommended blowing an axial fan at them instead so I tried that first, and to my amazement it dropped my canopy temps from about 87 down to 81.

This thing I think is rated around 230 cfm, and I can see all kinds of potential uses for it. You can get it right between the light and the canopy and get a nice air flow over you babies without botherin them like most fans, etc...

Poor mans air cooled hood
Poor mans air cooled hood 2
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Great tip! I'm heading to Lowe's today because my room is (finally!) heating up. 90F within two hours of lights on. Of course, I had my husband 'tighten' it up, dropped the ceiling, added insulation, etc. Worked almost too well, I need better air intake first, if that doesn't work then I think I'll need to add ventilation in which case... $$$. These muffin fans could work it well for me, though. I don't think Lowe's has them, but maybe Staples does.

S

STUPPA

It's definitely a good idea to keep the air under the bulb constantly moving , and even if your temps are still high after doing this at least you are moving that hot stuffy air away from the plants tops and keeping it moving .

6" clip on osc fans are good for this aswell and i also use a little computer fan with an adjustable adaptor plug to blow across my fluoro's and the plant tops, just clips on to the end of the fluoro really nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom