Poorly Plant

• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie987

Newbie987

Hey guys!
My plants look poorly as shizz! I went into my tent today to find that they are dark green with a few little burn marks here and there, wrinkled looking, droopy and leaf tips are curled down.

I've thought of nitrogen toxicity and filled them with water at 20% nutes.

Is there anyone that could tell me the problem if they know.
They didn't look to bad until last night

T

TripC

Sounds like some overwatering also. Post pics - the well-known users will always ask for pics when trying to point out the problem. Also straight coco? Coco/perlite? Feed schedule and frequency/amounts?

Newbie987

Newbie987

I'm using just coco in 8 litre fabric pots
Using just canna a and b using 2ml a 2ml b also 1ml calmag per litre once a day. Going to post them now. Not allowing me to post them all at once

T

TripC

Hmmmm thanks for posting those pics. Drooping leaves/tips curled down I know is a sign of overwatering. I'm sorry I can't help with the burnt tips/spots on the leaves. Hopefully a more experienced grower will respond with a solid answer. Lots of great, experienced growers here. Best of luck.

Grow4me

Grow4me

How often do you feed? Try, water-water-feed. Less is more. The instructions on calmag are for once per week and very low dose. Good luck.

Tat2420

Tat2420

Over watering and nute burn.
At this age it's safe to go 1/2 recommended dose per gallon. IMO until you have a lot of experience with a single strain start low on feedings and slowly build. With ph'd plain water between feedings.
Test the ph of your medium weekly as well, plus soil drainage and aeration.
The ladies will tell you when they need water.
Good luck

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Ph? I had something similar and i narrowed it down to a ph issue. Also it's supposed to be very hard to over water Coco but I had a problem where I had my very small plants in 5 gallon pots and the bottom 6 inches was getting waterlogged because there was no roots down there (I believe) I transplanted down to 3 and solved the ph and they flourished. Not saying that's your issue just some thoughts. They had a similar look.

Newbie987

Newbie987

Thanks for the advice. I water everyday with nutes. I was tol that I had to feed daily in order to keep the coco "charged" and using just ph'd water would drain the nutes and give them deficiencies

I'm using canna a and b
Also using plant start calmag plus
Can someone give me a good feed schedule as I don't know what one to go with as I am being told by different people differ feed schedules

T

TripC

To joeybrown's point, it is very hard to overwater coco but if you're in a large pot (more often the case with autoflowering seeds since you don't transplant) you can "overwater" because the bottom of the pot where the roots can't eat up the water yet will become waterlogged. With coco, I was also told never feed straight water, so what you can do is a feed then one "light feed" with about a third of your calmag, A, B, etc. then feed, then light feed, you get the point. Try out some different things and see what works best - don't forget everyone's growing conditions are slightly different so find what works best for you - it takes time. Relative humidity, temps, air flow, strain, and many other factors can play a significant role.

whitebob

whitebob

Thanks for the advice. I water everyday with nutes. I was tol that I had to feed daily in order to keep the coco "charged" and using just ph'd water would drain the nutes and give them deficiencies

I'm using canna a and b
Also using plant start calmag plus
Can someone give me a good feed schedule as I don't know what one to go with as I am being told by different people differ feed schedules
feed everytime in coco! no plain water like you thought lower your feed a touch... aim to have a bit of runoff when you water... collect and discard runoff. don't let coco dry out or it will cause more problems with ph and such... google canna feed tables you should find something... ph 5.8 for your feed...

Newbie987

Newbie987

I have to feed at 6.1 in my coco otherwise if I feed lower I end up with having a root ph of under 5.5

Newbie987

Newbie987

At the moment I have been feeding my plants per litre 2ml of A & 2ml of B followed by 1ml a calmag everyday

whitebob

whitebob

I have to feed at 6.1 in my coco otherwise if I feed lower I end up with having a root ph of under 5.5
i used to play the chase the ph game but since I've stopped and just put feed in at 5.8 ( sometimes 5.7 sometimes 5.9) a long as its within range its ok for it to wander around a tiny bit.. it helps plants know that they always get food at a consistent level... and ph of runoff is not be all and end all... as they say at the beginning of hitchhikers guide "Don't Panic" just make little changes and they should come back nicely..
have a look around for individual peoples takes on the canna feed schedule, people who have used it before have probably worked out that it works well in certain ratios... just like GH 3 part actually, you don't really need the grow just the micro and the bloom or you could end up with N tox just like i did... so don't trust canna trust the people who have used it... if that makes sense...

Tat2420

Tat2420

i used to play the chase the ph game but since I've stopped and just put feed in at 5.8 ( sometimes 5.7 sometimes 5.9) a long as its within range its ok for it to wander around a tiny bit.. it helps plants know that they always get food at a consistent level... and ph of runoff is not be all and end all... as they say at the beginning of hitchhikers guide "Don't Panic" just make little changes and they should come back nicely..
have a look around for individual peoples takes on the canna feed schedule, people who have used it before have probably worked out that it works well in certain ratios... just like GH 3 part actually, you don't really need the grow just the micro and the bloom or you could end up with N tox just like i did... so don't trust canna trust the people who have used it... if that makes sense...
One of the best posts I have read.

Newbie987

Newbie987

I was feeding daily with 1ml and it wasn't to bad plus 1.5ml wasn't to bad either but a week or two with 2ml made them poorly lol

whitebob

whitebob

I was feeding daily with 1ml and it wasn't to bad plus 1.5ml wasn't to bad either but a week or two with 2ml made them poorly lol
one other thing to check, whats your RH.. maybe let it get up to 60% if you can and hold it there for a couple of days and see how they like it... i use some stuff called florakleen when/if i start to see any issues with my girls i give them a bit of a flush through... for a couple of feeds.

Newbie987

Newbie987

Need some advice.
My canna A&B together gives a nitrogen of 5 but the calmag I have had 2.5% of nitrogen. I was using calmag with every feed every day at 1mg which was the max dose recommended and 2ml of a and 2 no of b. The plants have started burning it's leaves ect. I've flushed them today and got a ppm run off of about 120-130ppm. No part B of the canna coco I have has no nitrogen at all. So I was thinking would it benefit me and help speed up the healing and tee growth to come if I feed just the B for a couple of day to a week then after that apply the A part. Also my calmag holds a lot of others like PK so I was having trouble with the overloads of N with having high N level in part A canna and calmag. Could I get away with ditching the A and feeding calmag and Canna part B? That would result in less use of N?

Top Bottom