Portable AC and Dehuey combo question

• Thread starter IPlay4Keepz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I have no experience with portable AC's and was interested in purchasing this model:

Can I run the dehumidifier mode independent of cooling mode during lights off?

Or does it cool only and the dehumidification is just a consequence of the cooling process? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks -Keepz

T

tattoojim

that looks like a nice little rig..cool air does play a part in humidity,but at night you dont want it to cool untill close to harvest.so i would say it would b nice have n the dehumidifier for night time. also that thin can help at harvest too.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

yeah i agree... i don't want it to cool during lights off, but if i can get it to dehumidify without cooling, then it can double as an AC during the day. So my question is:

Will the dehumidifier mode run independently of the cooling feature? Or does it only dehumidify while it cools? Thanks again -Keepz

T

tattoojim

looks like it does both,as a option for ac or dehumidifier..

T

tattoojim

cant seem to find that exact info tho..that one is not on thier site..i tryd to help

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

i found my answer in the manufacturer's manual found on this site:

Seems it has a cool, fan, and dry mode. So i can set it to cool during lights on and dry mode during lights off, but will have to change the mode manually when my lights go off.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Yeah it has cooling and a dry mode that run independent of each other. I plan on using that 1 ton portable to supplement by 2 ton mini-split for these summer months when i have 9kw of vertical bare bulbs running and using the dehumidifying feature when lights go off. Now i just have to figure out how to switch from cooling mode to dry mode without physically being there lol -Keepz

P

paperplane

If it runs like my portable.... It does have a dry mode but they create alot of heat. On my portable when u run it on dry mode you have to disconnect the hot air exhaust and let it vent into the room. It also pumps out cold air thru the vent at the same time. I ended up buying a separate dehumidifier.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I only need the dehumidifier feature when lights are off so the added heat won't affect the girls too much in a cold basement.
I just realized something and its from my obvious lack of knowledge regarding these units. If i'm running a sealed room with a 24k btu mini split and try to add this unit during lights on, will it still be a sealed room? Do these portables exchange air outside the room or just exhaust the hot air outside? -Keepz

Top Bottom