Possible hermie in the tent?

• Thread starter Drgeeenthumbs408
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drgeeenthumbs408

Drgeeenthumbs408

I am approaching my 3rd week of flower , today I went into the garden for some general inspection and noticed one of my plants in the garden was showing signs of its sex, the problem is while it’s definitely a female it’s showing signs of male pre flowers too? What do you guys think?

Possible hermie in the tent
Possible hermie in the tent 2
Possible hermie in the tent 3
Possible hermie in the tent 4
ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I think like you think, and you have a hermaphrodite. Get he/she out of there before he/she starts dropping pollen! Unless you want a boat load of seeds...

What strain? You got light leaks? Has that plant been under any stress?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think like you think, and you have a hermaphrodite. Get he/she out of there before he/she starts dropping pollen! Unless you want a boat load of seeds...

+1 Spray it with water to stop and kill any potential pollen that's already dropped or may drop while you're moving it

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah ...kill it lol..i killed 3 last night.good you spotted it now before it does damage..

linde

linde

turn off the fans until you get it under control. pick off male balls as you see them. sometimes they only throw flowers early in budding. but other times they will throw them all thru budding.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
turn off the fans until you get it under control. pick off male balls as you see them. sometimes they only throw flowers early in budding. but other times they will throw them all thru budding.
Wouldn't picking them off cause the sacs to pop, spreading the pollen?

Drgeeenthumbs408

Drgeeenthumbs408

Definitely minimal stress and as far as light leakes go i think I’m pretty safe of that... although no of the other plants flipped I think it’s due to weak genetics.. grew here from a feminized platinum gorilla glue seed

thedubside

thedubside

I had same issue ending week 5 flower. but i didnt catch it as fast as you and pollen sacs were open and dropping pollen. only on lower branches. i picked them off and havent seen any more, no nanners. and no seeds as of yet. my other 2 plants look fine and no signs of hermie or seeds so i am praying they will be ok, with very minimal seeds if any. im finishing it off as so close to harvest. but if i found it when you have and sacs werent open, id definitely remove it from the tent, easier to kill it when its not already packing on huge buds :(

I had some nitrogen issues and i topped and lst'd the hermie which i think may have been a possible reason in the hermie. yours however looks extremely healthy so what a bummer. hope you get a good result man

linde

linde

Wouldn't picking them off cause the sacs to pop, spreading the pollen?
no just pinch them and put in cup of water. don't touch anything else with your picking fingers. a lot of times they only throw a couple flowers and that's it. people get all scared and chop the plant when in honesty all they had to do was be patient and let it do it's course. ya other times there's hermies that have whole male branches. I chop those quickly.

Drgeeenthumbs408

Drgeeenthumbs408

no just pinch them and put in cup of water. don't touch anything else with your picking fingers. a lot of times they only throw a couple flowers and that's it. people get all scared and chop the plant when in honesty all they had to do was be patient and let it do it's course. ya other times there's hermies that have whole male branches. I chop those quickly.
This is the route I’ve decided to go, I’d hate to destroy this plant over a few possible pollen sacs , I’ve decided to be patient and keep it under control untill I’ve made my final decision to chop it or not

greenscholar

greenscholar

Lol that thing ain’t gonna drop pollen if he just takes it out.

Top Bottom