Possible nute burn or deficiency?plants may die. Looking for help.

• Thread starter Greenmon23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenmon23

Greenmon23

Sprouted 10/28, looked healthy for a week, and then started showing signs of being unhealthy. I transplanted to a bigger pot when they first started showing bad signs. They seem to still be dying. I cant seem to figure out the problem. Used Coast of Main seeding soil for the first 3 weeks in solo cups. Then transplanted to bigger pots using Coast of Maine Stonington Blend after 3 weeks. ILGM seeds. Using tap water with PH of roughly 6.5. Sf2000 spider farmer light 30in from tops of leaves. Was thinking it could be nut deficiency when they were in the solo cups, but I didn't think seedlings had problems like this at only 2 weeks. PlNow i think its nute burn. Really not sure though. Any and all advice would be helpful.

Possible nute burn or deficiencyplants may die looking for help
Possible nute burn or deficiencyplants may die looking for help 2
Possible nute burn or deficiencyplants may die looking for help 3
Possible nute burn or deficiencyplants may die looking for help 4
Possible nute burn or deficiencyplants may die looking for help 5
Possible nute burn or deficiencyplants may die looking for help 6
AKgrow

AKgrow

How cold is it getting with the lights off? Are the pots on a cold floor? Cold roots will prevent nutrient uptake. How often are you watering?

Greenmon23

Greenmon23

Sitting on carpet floor. Normally 69-75 F dependent on time of day. Lights just came on in these pics. I was watering ever day in solo cups. Now water every 3 days. Soil seems to retain pretty well.

AKgrow

AKgrow

Looks like magnesium deficiency. You could do a light foliar of epsom salt and water.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm thinking light burn is a good possibility?
Do you have the Lux app for your smart phone?
get it at the app store it's free and helps big time.
30" from the plants how high is it turned up?
If you use Nutrients 1/2 strength for plants this size, burn will not be an issue. No more than once every 14 days.
I use Pro - Mix and Miracle Grow 28-10 10 once the plants are larger.
Promix 2

Just keep them moist take care not to over water.

I'd suggest that you turn the light way down. 18000 Lux at the plant tops no more.
Pinch the 3 larger plants off at the 2nd node. In 2 weeks bump the light up to 24,000 to 26,000 Lux at the top of your plants.
No more for vegging.
40,000 Lux for Flowering
See youtube. 5 part series Pt. 1 - How to Mainline Nugbuckets Style <---- link.

I'm also wondering about Magnesium. Next time you water you could give them a little Gypsum = Calcium and a little Epsom Salts = Magnesium and iron. 1/2 tsp each in a liter of water will not hurt your plants. If you spray them. Add a drop of Dawn dish soap to the water Epsom salts and Gypsum. This breaks the surface tension of the water on the leaves = better absorption.
All the best Ron

Last edited:
Greenmon23

Greenmon23

Light is 30in at 50% intensity. Every thing I've read about SF 2000 says it should be 40-60% at 30in during this stage. I also though magnesium deficiency. Would the stonington blend soil already have magnesium and calcium in the soil? They were transplanted to big pots only a week ago, so I thought they would be good on most nutrients for a while. (3-4 weeks)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You need more drainage. Pots need a full inch of air under them as well as holes in the sides and bottom. Fabric pots are your friend.
Are you trying to adjust your pH?

Greenmon23

Greenmon23

I’ve been using just the tap water. Its a solid 6.5 though.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So, the pH is fine. Don't try to adjust pH in soil, it's preset by the mix.
Go to your local water board online and download the water quality report for your area.
Post it here and one of our guyz can analyze it to see if there is anything in your water that is not good.
We run our SF1000's (a pair in a 2x4 tent) at 100% and 16 to 20 inches with no issues.
It's something besides your light.
How often and how much do you water?

Greenmon23

Greenmon23

Watering about 1 cup per plant every 2-3 days and waiting for soil to be dry about 1in down. Pots seem to drain fine. Anything more then 1 cup with drain from the bottom

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I will have someone check me ( @Aqua Man , @Dirtbag , @Frankster ), but I think you have a bit more chlorine than you want. It's extremely easy to get rid of.
Put an air-rock in the bottom of a bucket and pour in your water. Run the air-rock for 5 mins. Done. Use the water. The chlorine attaches to the air so the air-rock is getting rid of the chlorine. This may be un-necessary, but as I said, I'm no expert on these reports.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Also, read these;

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Greenmon23

Greenmon23

Just ordered a moisture meter. Do you think im not giving it enough water?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Couldnt I just leave the water uncovered for 24hrs and it would evaporate?
Yeah, I think watering issues are the number 1 reason for plants to go bad. It never hurts to review the basics.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

As I said, I do not know. But I've already tagged a couple of guys that will tell us as soon as they see the tags.
But I also think you are not watering correctly either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom