Possibly stunted growth

• Thread starter Ruefuu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ruefuu

Ruefuu

So basically I've got some plants that are 39 days old from germination. I keep seeing other talk about how they are on week 4 or 5 of veg and their plants look much bigger than mine, the only issue I've had with them is i over watered them a few weeks ago and had some leave die and i have since then cut them off. Using fox farms ocean mix soil mixed with perlite, ph 6.5, just started giving 1/4 feedings of nutes, philzon 1500 watt, which is actually 250watt. Temp stays between 68-77; closer to 68 @ night and 77 during day. And my humidity has been between 30%-55%. Do they seem stunted to anyone else? Should i just keep loving them or try to start fresh?

Possibly stunted growth
Possibly stunted growth 2
Possibly stunted growth 3
Possibly stunted growth 4
Possibly stunted growth 5
Possibly stunted growth 6
HighestCut

HighestCut

Keep them! they will make you proud :)

Plant size is so strain specific it is hard to tell.

Have you been giving them added nutrients? If so, stop. Then start checking your water run off to see how high the PPM value is

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So basically I've got some plants that are 39 days old from germination. I keep seeing other talk about how they are on week 4 or 5 of veg and their plants look much bigger than mine, the only issue I've had with them is i over watered them a few weeks ago and had some leave die and i have since then cut them off. Using fox farms ocean mix soil mixed with perlite, ph 6.5, just started giving 1/4 feedings of nutes, philzon 1500 watt, which is actually 250watt. Temp stays between 68-77; closer to 68 @ night and 77 during day. And my humidity has been between 30%-55%. Do they seem stunted to anyone else? Should i just keep loving them or try to start fresh?
all looks well!
early stages of growth is more of the roots growing first to support plant!
easy on nutes and a wet than dry cycle, get used to lifting the pot/bag to see if watering is needed..

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

Have you been giving them added nutrients? If so, stop. Then start checking your water run off to see how high the PPM value is
Awesome! And yeah especially since i don't know the strains, just a bag of seeds I've acquired over the years. And i just fed them 2 days ago for the first time but only because ive been using my tap until i tested is and it shows around 430ppm, so i got distilled water and mix it with my tap to get 100ppm and then add a little cal mag and ff big bloom to hit 230ppm to feed then i ph down to 6.5-6.4. And since a few weeks ago im pretty sure ive gotten a good watering schedule down.

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

Also i checked my ppm for the first time the other day and my readings are all over from 500ppm to 1500ppm. And ive done nothing differently with each, the only thing i can think of is maybe ive watered some of them more than others and flushed out different amounts of salts and minerals?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Excellent offering of photography , i notice that your avatar is purple , but you had enough will power to provide 3 normal white light pics , then one for enjoyment..
Bravo ,, you can join my purple police club
And by the way very nice looking plants !

dire wolf

dire wolf

I would also suggest stopping the feed for a week and water regularly with plain water, let the plants get a little hungry and feed off the foxfarm , see if there is a rapid change in growth
You probably neet more light , im not famiiliar with what you have

The thought of throwing them out is commendable , not because you need to , just because you are open to the idea

I stopped reccommending people throw out their plants because the reactions were insane , like i was trying to kill their mother or something

Let me take another look at them and ill offer my best opinion....

Sorry i was pre occupied with the light comment at first , its another thing you did right...

Now ill look at the plants...
DW

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

Also, I've noticed since i topped this one and tied it over the stems have gone purple/redish, I'd presume its just stress and after a little TLC it'll bounce bac. Would you happen to know what might be going on with it?

20200224 212341
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
could be just the strain of marijuana, if it’s the side only facing the light, than a little stress from light/heat, nothing to worry about.

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

could be just the strain of marijuana, if it’s the side only facing the light, than a little stress from light/heat, nothing to worry about.
The coloring is all the way around it just fades were it meets the stalk

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea like g said , dont worry about , red stems and stalks arent on the top of the danger list , my plants do it all the time , ìcan be a lot of things , you can try 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt in a gallon of water and add some magnesium , wont hurt a thing , sometimes clears up the red, cant say for sure , but i do it

dire wolf

dire wolf

If it was me , i would follow up with the grow and continue....
Your medium , soil looks dry as hell , is it ? Are you watering till run off comes out the bottom ? You need to.

A few plants look heavy duty indica , thats why they are so short /bushy , thats just what those plants are going to do , learn from this run , do better next , get some decent seeds , or clones ,

I feel like you are doing everything right , there is a bit of leaf tip burn , but again nothing that would stunt your plant , it looks more like your seeds werent great ,

Just flip the light cycle , get em flowering and move on, dont wait for them to turn ii into bushes , i cant see that happening , and dont pinch or top the plants , thats going to slow you down even more....

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

If it was me , i would follow up with the grow and continue....
Your medium , soil looks dry as hell , is it ? Are you watering till run off comes out the bottom ? You need to.

A few plants look heavy duty indica , thats why they are so short /bushy , thats just what those plants are going to do , learn from this run , do better next , get some decent seeds , or clones ,

I feel like you are doing everything right , there is a bit of leaf tip burn , but again nothing that would stunt your plant , it looks more like your seeds werent great ,

Just flip the light cycle , get em flowering and move on, dont wait for them to turn ii into bushes , i cant see that happening , and dont pinch or top the plants , thats going to slow you down even more....
Ive been watering every 3 days in these fabric pots, thats another thing ive been unsure of, how much water should i be giving them amount-wise per plant. I always water until i see at least 10% runoff and the whole pot is wet down to the bottom. But other than that you all have definitely reassured me and rekindled my spark to keep loving these girls.

Top Bottom