Post Apocalypse Pot Zombie World

• Thread starter sumo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sumo

WTF Chuck!!

How in Jahs name have we came from focusing on smoking/growing the finest organic herb possible. Smoking it in glass pipes to aviod bad tasting metal pipes. Lighting it with hemp wick to aviod lighters butane. Making hash with only water to aviod contaminates........ To now smoking butane bud sludge off of titanium metal heated with butane/propane torch! "Growing your own" now involves risking being blown up. People are smoking very butane contaminated hash.

How did this happen?

Couple different factors involving Medical marijuana/economy/new generation... MMJ blew the fuck up and pot flooded every backyard in california a few years back. People that never grew started growing, quanity went up while quality fell. All these new people dont know how to grow and there herb comes out not being able to sell at the clubs suffering from lack of quality. So cali as a whole had a bunch of shitty weed on its hand in bulk. Started making hash, butane extraction method became popular cus its the only method that i know of that yhou can take shitty material and end up with potent oil. All other methods of hash making, if the material you start with is shit you end up with shit hash. But i have noticed this is not true with bho.

People need to learn to grow good herb and get a good small bong that hits nice... I get just as stonned with my properly grow fire and a nice small bong, as I do with a dab of dried butane bud sludge off of a ti metal nail.

Smoking potent hash is fine, but whats going on right now is some shit straight outta a post apacolypse movie with kids not smoking "flower" anylonger but butane herb sludge is all the hype..lol like in starwars when the guy asks obe one if he wants a death stick..lol

We need to get back to our roots!!!!!

-sumo

K

kolah

I don't know much about BHO process. I don't like using toxic chemicals either. But aren't most of the solvent/s burned off in the "cooking" process?

on another note: I can't believe how many people smoke out of metal pipes. Nasty shit. I smoke out of old skool wooden pipes with screens. Oh shit, those screens are metal ! lol I have been thinking about purchasing a small glass water bong...maybe it's time.

And as for hash making? I use water/ice or dry ice methods with bags.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
seriously kolah, if you got a mobius matrix bubbler you would love it, clears so smooth and fast and just feels good in your hand. Kinda pricey for the size but the function is awesome, imo
Or even something from 50-100$ would be nice and clean as you can rinse them every couple days with 91-99% rubbing alcohol and even table salt. That way, your tasting your herb that was grown with love! I do like wood pipes but being able to clean a nice glass bubbler in a few mins and then rip it with fresh water is very nice :D

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

i could not like this thread enough times. i agree. i hate the shit, and normally tell people who smoke it to buy better weed.

and yea anyone not rocking glass on glass gear needs to change it up, really nice pieces available in the lower price points these days. like baba said, keep that shit cleannnnnn please.

K

kolah

seriously kolah, if you got a mobius matrix bubbler you would love it, clears so smooth and fast and just feels good in your hand. Kinda pricey for the size but the function is awesome, imo
Or even something from 50-100$ would be nice and clean as you can rinse them every couple days with 91-99% rubbing alcohol and even table salt. That way, your tasting your herb that was grown with love! I do like wood pipes but being able to clean a nice glass bubbler in a few mins and then rip it with fresh water is very nice :D

Sounds good, and yeah I think I'll do some shopping. I have had some serious throat issues in the past so the cleaner smoke I get the better. Off to google Mobius Matrix Bubbler

hi-jack off...back on topic..:)

jyip

jyip

137bcf4a0fb8  1352933326000
0425d21c75a5  1352933256000
5b2de88906dd  1352932953000
check out the dave goldstein micro bubbler's too, rooster apparatus is the company name,, just got a fritted disc bubbler and luv it! light drag, remindz me of a dyson vacuum cleaner the way it stacks bubbles up,,,,jus barely cover the disc with water, i had a half inch over and it robbed the taste more than it needed,, you can easily stack bubles all the way up the neck if ya want too,,,,, ya wont geta mouth a bong water either,,,great invrstment for smoking/vapeing pleasures!

jyip

jyip

oh , almost forgot, this one is for sumo,, every one has there ipinions here,, so do you i guess huh?? kinda reminds me of the reefer madness scare tho,,,, bho is not a bad thing brah! i doubt it is as connected to your big bud theory of how bho started either

but enjoy your buds either way my friend essential oil , whether ona leaf or a ti skillet works for me,,but bho works alo better cuz cleaner high,,not burning anything,, my lungs luv me for not smokina an oz a week latley
Stranded
oh, btw, here is your zombie world after apocylpse

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I've recently concluded that BHO is antithetical to my cultivation ethos. I put a ton of effort into growing a fairly strict organic garden. It seems really defeatist to then blast it with a toxic chemical. I don't eat shitty food either, so the butane thing hasn't made much sense to me these days. I have buddy who grows organic but eats McDonald's. His plants eat better then he does!

outwest

S

sumo

Cool some conversation! To jyip..

Yes BHO is a bad thing jyip. When people are blowing themselves up it's bad. Smoking heavily contaminated hash is bad. Huffing ti is bad. Tell me one thing bad about the forgotten organic ways of yesteryear was/is bad?
You might be right on my theory on how BHO became so popular, but if you have a better idea of how it did I'd like to hear.

I will say a few good things about it though, cus I'm not ignorant. 1 is it is indeed probably better to smoke concentrates over flower lung wise... Just not BHO. 2 is its bringing attention to concentrates and people are looking for different ways to extract, so hopefully someone will find more natural way will come out of this all.. Which I suspect will happen..

And wtf is the Tom Hanks castaway thing suppost to mean??

S

sumo

Yeah it doesn't matter anyways cus I am revamping my grow room to start growing culinary mushrooms to sell to local restaurants. So while all you fools are busy blowing yourselfs up and huffing metal n butane. I'll be one step ahead of the hitman and actually giving back to the earth.

No matter what the butane crazy can't keep going on. I mean how many times you make it before you slip up and set yourself on fire. If your into smoking BHO for life, like I am organic fire, then it's only a matter of time. Period end of story.

I really would like to have a conversation on here about this. I tired to start a thread like this on toke city but there so ignorant on the subject that they bashed me and binned my thread. You have to have an open mind. Or your just as ingornant as the powers that be that this counter culture is so against.

Peace one love
Sumo

S

sumo

All jokes aside. I just thought I'd try to ruff some feathers in hopes of a conversation on the topic, but don't get me wrong I stand behind my words. just spiced em up a bit in hopes of provoking a active thread..... Kinda feel like its the elephant in the room, no ones saying anything and just going with the flow and the fact that t"he next guy does it so I'll be fine too" type of thinking... My intentitions of the is thread was to at the very least just take a step back and question what your doing. Not to say you'll die or anything...but just to question.

T minus 420 till take off!

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Delicous organic flames, and delicous organic flame hash, and i mean old school hash, either straight pressed hash or some hand rubbed charas...nothing will ever beat it. Take it easy

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

it's a convo that needs to happen. I've become more and more skeptical about bho no matter how "purged". Water hash can be just as medicating with far fewer contaminats. What happened to FMCD? I think people got lazy. I dont waste my nugs with butane anymore... it may be beneficial but maybe only for hospice patients. If someones gonna die from pot its gonna be bho

a conclusion reached after climaxing at 2g a day smoking

Bho is like 200 proof Moonshine. yeah one sip will get you wrecked. but you can get trashed after a couple beers just takes more time

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

it's a convo that needs to happen. I've become more and more skeptical about bho no matter how "purged". Water hash can be just as medicating with far fewer contaminats. What happened to FMCD? I think people got lazy. I dont waste my nugs with butane anymore... it may be beneficial but maybe only for hospice patients. If someones gonna die from pot its gonna be bho

a conclusion reached after climaxing at 2g a day smoking

Bho is like 200 proof Moonshine. yeah one sip will get you wrecked. but you can get trashed after a couple beers just takes more time

I still like oil don't get me wrong. I just try to keep a healthy balance between all cannabis products not just oil. Some cannabinoids exist in some forms that dont exist in others

there are contaminates in almost anything nowadays but why subject yourself to excess amounts

zombie III

zombie III

its a good point! i've never tried bho and don't want to knowing how toxic butane is. even if most is evap'd off, not all is.

S

sumo

I've smoked a atleast several 0z of BHO, before I came to this conclusion. Lol not right before..

Never made any though, that shit is too scary! Liquid nepalm. Plus it's just grosss..Lol I knew it was gross the whole time, but had to try it before knocking it. Shit is for the birds son!!

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

agreed^ I like some fine oils here and there too but I find straight pressed hashish gets me just as blow and the high is much more clear and uplifting, why put to much time and love into something only to mangle it will a petrochemical. Take it easy

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Only a matter of time before someone some where makes the most medicinal plant known to man unhealthy... isolating THC (the psychotic agent) seems like the right place to start for such a task...

squiggly

squiggly

People need to learn to grow good herb and get a good small bong that hits nice... I get just as stonned with my properly grow fire and a nice small bong, as I do with a dab of dried butane bud sludge off of a ti metal nail.

Smoking potent hash is fine, but whats going on right now is some shit straight outta a post apacolypse movie with kids not smoking "flower" anylonger but butane herb sludge is all the hype

-sumo

I mean, you make a good point in terms of the shift--it's obvious there's been one, however I don't think your concerns are well placed.

The problem isn't necessarily smoking extracts derived from a solvent extraction, but rather smoking those extracts when the solvent extraction has not been carried out properly.

Even under those circumstances, we're talking about a really low chemical danger. You hurt yourself more eating anything off a grill with char on it, and furthermore you consume more butane than you would smoking 10 dabs nearly every time you reach for a morsel of processed food.

I think there's a big problem with how people conceptualize this issue, and the main reason for this is two-fold:

1. They don't understand it. (Not meant as a dig--it's not something which is particularly intuitive, one needs proper education to really identify the dangers here [or lack of them]).

2. They fear it as a result of #1 (which is totally understandable).

I think a big part of this is that people know what butane is, what is smells like, etc--and they have this innate knowledge that it isn't something they want to ingest--and that makes sense, ingesting a large amount of hydrocarbons would be quite bad.

However, the chemistry which governs these extractions is EXTREMELY well understood and it might even be described as commonplace (in industry). As I've stated earlier that doesn't necessarily mean the full breadth of knowledge for this process is put into practice for making BHO, but there are CERTAINLY people around who are doing this (one needn't look further than myself).

Non-polar solvent extraction is almost as old as the field of chemistry itself. It pervades nearly every part of your daily world.

You've probably never taken a prescription in your life that didn't come into contact with a non-polar solvent at some point. There are probably all of 25 materials in your house in total that didn't.

The point being, this stuff isn't as scary or "zombie apocalypse" as it might seem. It's not like we've all abandoned pot and decided we're just going to huff glade from now on--what you're seeing is a hidden culture intermixing with pop culture, and the nerds have now gotten hold of it.

It will never be the same, but I think you'll find that--in the end--you'll be quite happy with what the nerds bring to the table.

I can understand not wanting to do this at the instruction of a crappy youtube video--and I can almost categorically guarantee you that the guys in the youtube video will do it wrong, which makes that standpoint quite reasonable.

However, when considering everything at face value this is a process which has that possibility of being 100% innocuous. The science clearly says so, and hell I--as a chemist--say so.

Running from it won't make things better. Instead what we should be doing is seeking to educate people on what the proper procedures are--and how to obtain a pristine extract (free of solvent contamination).

This is NOT a difficult process, it is only a widely misunderstood one (because it's not entirely intuitive).

I don't think any of that should take away from your point that things are shifting in a "less-natural" direction, though. That is very clearly the case and I imagine it would be alarming for someone who's been used to working with flower material for a long time.

Weed definitely has had this "all-natural" feel to it for a long time, and I can see why there might be some resistance to this stemming from that.

The problem is that it's not just hippy science going on in the cannabis world anymore, its REAL science. People with lab coats and shit. Its 60 years too late if you ask me, but I don't blame you for being wary.

Top Bottom