Post Apocalypse Pot Zombie World

• Thread starter sumo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sumo

I disagree on a few things.

I don't know for sure and am WILLING to admit it cus I am not a chemist. But you may indeed be right that a bunch of products I come in contact on a daily biases have butane in them. But that's outta my control, what is in my control is what kinda of cannabis I'm going to consume. Just because other products have something in it, it doesn't make anymore ok to have it in my cannabis as well, you smell what the rock is cooking?

And yeah if nerds are doing it in labs with the proper equipment and knowledge that one thing. But thats not generally what's going on. Even then you will have to depend on supply from a lab. I like to grow my own not depending on a dealer..Even if it's all lab done its still not organic. Why do you think there is a huge organic movement right now? It's cus chemicals fuck you up! people are trying to get away from that and eat natural shit and use natural products.

People are huffing titanium and butane. And blowing them selfs up! Not good.

So what are you gonna buy it from a lab your whole life?

S

sumo

BHO=quick ez path to potent extract, but not the right path. It's like cheating on your homework.

squiggly

squiggly

I disagree on a few things.

I don't know for sure and am WILLING to admit it cus I am not a chemist. But you may indeed be right that a bunch of products I come in contact on a daily biases have butane in them. But that's outta my control, what is in my control is what kinda of cannabis I'm going to consume. Just because other products have something in it, it doesn't make anymore ok to have it in my cannabis as well, you smell what the rock is cooking?

And yeah if nerds are doing it in labs with the proper equipment and knowledge that one thing. But thats not generally what's going on. Even then you will have to depend on supply from a lab. I like to grow my own not depending on a dealer..Even if it's all lab done its still not organic. Why do you think there is a huge organic movement right now? It's cus chemicals fuck you up! people are trying to get away from that and eat natural shit and use natural products.

People are huffing titanium and butane. And blowing them selfs up! Not good.

So what are you gonna buy it from a lab your whole life?

A few things to address here:

1. I do assure you. Non-polar solvents affect your life 9 gazillion times a day.

2. It's true that it doesn't make it okay to have in your cannabis, just the fact that it's everywhere else. However, the fact is that there's no reason whatsoever butane should be left in an extract if the process is completed correctly. This can be done AT HOME, and while some equipment is required--it's far from necessitating a laboratory.

3. You are right, generally its not nerds doing things the right way. That's exactly my point. You don't need to be a nerd to do this the right way. In fact, the instructions for doing this properly are right here on this board. Being scared of something done the wrong way makes zero sense when the shift to doing it the right way is so infinitesimal as it really is in this situation. I.E. we should be getting everyone to do it the right way, demanding it even--not saying we shouldn't do it at all. This actually reminds me of government. People are so convinced that the government is terrible at everything that they want the government to keep their paws off of it. They take this stance, rather than the stance that the government should be better--and the result is the terrible political situation we now find ourselves in. To bring the analogy full circle, if we do as you say--what we'll end up with is....well...exactly the same thing we've got now. People doing it wrong all over the place when they could be doing it right.

4. That something is done in a lab does not render it "inorganic". Where do you think your organic nutes are processed? On a farm?

5. People are blowing themselves up. Those are dumb people, we're better off--I assure you.

6. People are inhaling carbon monoxide (results when butane is not completely combusted)--but are likely not inhaling any butane itself (the amounts are much too small to allow for this).

7. People are definitely not not not not inhaling titanium. That's crazy talk. Titanium boils at 6000 degrees F. You find me someone boiling titanium under a bell curve without shattering their glass, and I'll show you the next Nobel laureate in physics.

8. BHO done improperly is like cheating on your homework--doing it properly is a sign of having done one's homework, not of cheating on it.

Again, I say that the big issue is a lack of understanding about the process. The process itself is as harmful as an infant is to anything but your sleep schedule. You don't understand it, and so you fear it--or abhor it more likely.

Whereas, others don't understand it--and they do it improperly (compounding your fear, appropriately).

My only suggestion is to say that the solution isn't to step backwards, but rather to move forward in a more careful fashion than we have been thus far.

S

sumo

Thats all I need to say and all it boils down to my friend.

Im being a voice for organic herb.

Your being a voice for butane companies.

G

gold bar

i find new medical growers have these complaints the most

they are used to smoking lower quality bud and extracts

un flushed, sparking bho, rough smoke

this skews all future views and they are repelled from anything seeming 'unnatural'

they then become drawn to 'organic' growing

and not in a solid, wholesome way, but that vigilant, angry, soapbox, medical organic grower

obviously herb quality is relative guys

squiggly

squiggly

Thats all I need to say and all it boils down to my friend.

Im being a voice for organic herb.

Your being a voice for butane companies.

You're being a voice for saying shit that you think, and that's cool.

I'm being a voice for knowing what the fuck I'm talking about, though.

I do non-polar extractions 5 days a week (not on weed)--how often have you done them?

Can you describe the chemical process? Do you know how a purge works? Can you explain that process? Do you know how to optimize it?

Do you even know what the word non-polar means?!

Do you know what you're talking about, or are you just opining wildly?

I think we both know the answer.

Butane companies don't fucking exist, they are subsidiaries at best--and products at worst.

Here are the scientific facts:

1. It is possible, and not difficult, to remove all butane from an extract (or any short chain hydrocarbon, for that matter) ALL OF IT. As in: Nothing left but natural and "organic" compounds.

2. I do this almost every day of my life and confirm having done it with GC/MS and NMRS--which are sensitive to the smallest trace amounts detectable of these substances (which are OBNOXIOUSLY SMALL AMOUNTS).

S

sumo

Ok ok you win. Butanes perfectly healthy and while we are at it, lets go ahead and throw in titanium huffing and say there both perfectly ok.

What are you gonna do keep making this stuff for the rest of your life? It's only a matter of time that you blow your self up.........

If your not gonna risk blowing yourself up, you gotta get it from some one that is...

What's going on right NOW is people are making very heavy contaminated BHO, from not making it "right".which is an oxymoron of a comment if there ever was, cus the whole process is not "right".

People are setting themselves on fire.

Blaze

Blaze

Squiggly nailed it - BHO is perfectly safe and easy to make if you know what you are doing. It is quite simple and easy to fully purge it at home. Unfortunately there are quite a few idiots out there that make very poor quality oil that still has butane in it. Also - you can not make good oil out of crap material. Well made BHO will retain the flavor, high and other nuances of the material it came from if made properly, which just is not going to happen if you are using a bunch of schwag for your extractions.

As far as people blowing themselves up - you have to be a serious fucking retard to pull that off. There are two simple rules IMO to making oil: don't do it inside, and don't pressurize it. Follow those two guidelines and you will be 100% safe. Butane is not nearly as explosive as some make it out to be. Claiming that everyone who makes it will blow themselves up eventually is sort of like claiming everyone who drives a car will eventually blow themselves up pumping gas because gas is also explosive. How often do you hear about motorists randomly exploding at the pump? Every incident I have seen so far involving BHO explosions have been because the person was not following the two basic rules to make it.

Now my personal favorite extract is still FMCD, but I still enjoy well made oil because it is more potent, and has other advantages. For example, IME, many strains that do not make very well FMCD will make great oil. It also has the advantage of containing less contaminants that FMCD, assuming it is properly made. I get zero residue on my titanium nail with BHO - which is not the cases with even the best made FMCD. As far as people 'smoking titanium' - well that's just ignorant, do some research, it just isn't possible. If you are worried about consuming metals because heat breaks them down, then I suggest you switch to a raw food diet and give up cooking any food of any kind in an oven or pan or grill.

When it comes down it it, any extraction method can result in unsafe, unhealthy product. Bubble hash and dry sift can be just as nasty and gross if it was made from moldy product, or from plants that were grown with lots of chemicals. It all comes down to the skill and knowledge of the person making the extract - if the person knows what they are doing then they will produce a safe, high quality product.

S

sumo

You make some good points blaze and i thank you...but I think I will stick to simple herb.

Top Bottom