Post UC Questions and Concerns Here

• Thread starter UCHQ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

johnnyrex- Normally you would drop the water level to about an inch below the net pots during the first week of flower to help encourage the onset of bud sites.

Cheers!

Thanks Hydrorocks right now my water level is just at the bottom of net pots will keep it there until I'm ready to flower.
I have a question for anyone that can chim in my plants have been growing good for a about 1.5 weeks they are starting to get big upwards what can I do to get them bushy real bushy my tent is only 7' tall my buckets are 13 gal thanks for the help

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Hello,
I don't know if I have an issue or not..

I'm in the last week of veg, ppms are right around 550(x.5). They haven't moved and are rock solid for four days now. That usually would strike me as a good thing..

My pH is climbing fast everyday. I set it at 5.4ish four days ago, 24 hours later it was 6.1, 24 later it was 6.5. Reset and it seems to be doing the same thing again. All the while the ppm hasn't moved which is fine but the pH seems to be moving fast enough for me to worry something isn't right.

Any suggestions? Any suggestions besides smoke more and type less?

These are h+g a+b, calmag, drip clean, little multizen.
Thanks for any thoughts,
PB

Z

ZombieSlave

Hello,
I don't know if I have an issue or not..

I'm in the last week of veg, ppms are right around 550(x.5). They haven't moved and are rock solid for four days now. That usually would strike me as a good thing..

My pH is climbing fast everyday. I set it at 5.4ish four days ago, 24 hours later it was 6.1, 24 later it was 6.5. Reset and it seems to be doing the same thing again. All the while the ppm hasn't moved which is fine but the pH seems to be moving fast enough for me to worry something isn't right.

Any suggestions? Any suggestions besides smoke more and type less?

These are h+g a+b, calmag, drip clean, little multizen.
Thanks for any thoughts,
PB
do you have tip burn from slight over feeding?
your soup sounds like its missing a few things. do you PH down your system. what is your res's PH at?

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
"do you have tip burn from slight over feeding?
your soup sounds like its missing a few things. do you PH down your system. what is your res's PH at?"

Two days ago I had a slight burn on three out of nine plants.
I pH'ed it four days ago with fresh rez and early yesterday with gh pHdown.
Rez is.. 5.85

Missing what?

Thanks,

PB

Z

ZombieSlave

"do you have tip burn from slight over feeding?
your soup sounds like its missing a few things. do you PH down your system. what is your res's PH at?"

Two days ago I had a slight burn on three out of nine plants.
I pH'ed it four days ago with fresh rez and early yesterday with gh pHdown.
Rez is.. 5.85

Missing what?

Thanks,

PB
does your line up cover all the nutrients you need? I missed diagnosed nutrient deficiency for light burn.
I would recomend AN PHdown. mine is very stable with there's. and I can PH with the pants in the water. ph swing is ok over a few days. 5.5-6.3
if your climbing under 12 hours sounds like you need more nutrients or your ph down isint working or not enough. IMHO im no pro

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Right on Zombie,
You got me thinking in the right direction. Its making sense to me that I am missing something...

I have been real timid about using all the additives because I got slime/jelly a couple weeks ago and I am pretty sure it came along with use of algen ex. At least thats when it reared its head. I've been running a live rez ever since and probably should have mentioned that a couple entries ago.

I plan on making the switch to AN ph down once this stuff is all used up.

Thanks,
PB

Shane20

Shane20

Thanks Hydrorocks right now my water level is just at the bottom of net pots will keep it there until I'm ready to flower.
I have a question for anyone that can chim in my plants have been growing good for a about 1.5 weeks they are starting to get big upwards what can I do to get them bushy real bushy my tent is only 7' tall my buckets are 13 gal thanks for the help

Johnny you can twist and bend them over so more light gets in the middle. Here is a pic of what I do with mine. Hope this helps.
IMAG1094

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

PButter- We had issues with Multi-Zen when used in the UC system, PH would constantly rise. Try lowering your dosage of the Multi-Zen.

How much cal/mag you using?

Other than cal/mag, H&G Aqua Flakes provides a pretty complete nutrient package.

Cheers!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Im using 2.5ml/gal cal/mag. Thanks for the tip on the multi-zen. I have been leaning towards backing off of it.

Thanks,

PB

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Im using 2.5ml/gal cal/mag. Thanks for the tip on the multi-zen. I have been leaning towards backing off of it.

Thanks,

PB

Too much cal- mag I would cut back to 1ml per gal at max. IMHO

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Help once again

Hello everyone this UC system is real fragil i had problems in the begninng with white slim so i did what UCHQ said to lower my ppm so i lowered it to 175ppm and it took 2 weeks for them to recover after that they started growing so every week i up the strenght for the last 2 weeks to 460ppm this morning i went in to check on them my ppm were lowered to 390ppm and water has gone down alot soisnt that a good thing? so i emptied out the epic center and re-filled with RO and up the nutes to 510ppm water still at 63 my air temp are 78-82 max and R/H id 60-65% max now my plants are droopy WTF?
Dude i really love this and hate this at the same time look at the pics below see what you guys can see thanks

P

phup

Drop the nutes back down to 420-450 and let it ride for a few days there so your plants move water and get turgid again. If they are drinking lots of water and eating 30ppm overnight that is a good spot to be. Wait a few days until trying 500 again.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
When plants start doing well try not to assume this means you should start bumping the nutes up at a high rate.

Our rec is to increase by 10-15% per week.

Your plants look well nourished so just back the concentration down to encourage water uptake. Also keep in mind that things like increasing light concentrations can lend to plants expressing negative tropism (wilting).

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

or

If you took the pix during the dark period or just after lights came on it is normal for plants to relax at night. Let them sit in the light for a couple of hours and they come right back, just plants being plants.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks guys for all the help really do appreciate it. Today my plants look f-ing great up and perky wow don't understand maybe it can be one of many issue, Here's what happen prior.

Only thing I know is that my ppm were at 460 ppm for 2 weeks and stays steady at that all this time and water level also not going down either. Then 2 days ago my ppms started dropping and water level started to go down also. Yesterday I woke up to water level low and ppms down to 390 ppm so I decided to take water out and replace with fresh water and nutes, I dont know it this was the cause also when i flushed out all the water my buckets stayed empty for like 15 min while i cleaned them all out then filled with my tap water comes out at 40 ppms and added 4ml/gl of dynabloom and 1ml/gl of H2o2 that brought my ppms up to 510 ppm but my PH drop to 3.9 added PH up it took like 1/2 hr for the ph to get to 5.3 plants but all this time plants still looked good not droopy.
Once everything was in and ph was back at 5.3 plants stayed in system all day and nothing come evening the plants started to droop and lights were still on and this morning everything looks great. What could of been shock?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

UCHQ, just a heads up if you haven't yet found it. I believe there is a misprint on your CS feeding chart. I believe its the last week of veg. The ppms on the .5 scale match those of the .7 scale at 490ppm. I caught it when doing that change out but it has slipped my mind to say something.. Everything is going great so far. I can't wait to see how my girls fill out with your CS nutes..

C

cultleader

will I need a water chiller with UC?

Hello everyone, ok I have a question, I am very new to hydroponics and would like to use my UC 6xl but am worried about so many variables such as ph, disolved solids and then my main problem or biggest concern is nutrient temps. I just purchased a new portable LG 11k btu air con my question is if I keep my aircon set at 72 do you think this will keep my h20 at acceptable temperatures withoput the use of a chiller? Thank you for helping.

D

Don007206

Hey guys I am in the market for a uc system. I have looked at the 8gal and 13 gal my space is 20x12x12 I would love to go vert and get some trees rockin I got 80 amps 0f 220 on 8 outlets power is 6.8 a kwh so bring it . Which system do you think I should go with and with the room I have and how big do I want my centers for vert I have 4 1k lights but I don't mind going to 600 s or mixing I got a strain in veg but I an all most ashamed to tell you guys what it is , there is so much crap out there on it (purple elephant) real or not yet to be proven I got the cuts from the dispense so well see but regardless it's week 3 of veg so that gives me 3 weeks to get my room right . I got the hole bontanacare line in 5 gallon bucket size so I hope they run good In UC

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

I would probably go with the 13 gallon system for flowering and a 8 gallon system for veg with about 4 to 8 plants or you could get the UC Pro and run 4 to 6 trees, couple different options for you I would think.

You could do a SOG even as the UC system comes with several different configuration lids that you can purchase.

You will need to split the room for a veg side and flower side unless you have another room you can use for veg.

What is your experience level in general and with hydro? You can start small and always add on to the system at anytime since it is a modular design. Meaning adding more buckets, manifolds or EPI modules is a breeze!

Which Botanicare line do you have? Running organics in the UC system can be tricky for new starters in hydroponics. Might want to run with a mineral based nutrient until you get a few runs under your belt and become familiar with the system and style of growing.

The fine people at CC also are making a nutrient line for the UC system.

You can also always give Dan a call and he will be glad to talk you through your needs to come up with the best scenario for your setup and space.

Cheers!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
After the last time I posted here, four or five days ago (thanks for the help guys), I emptied the rez cleaned the shit out of it and refilled with:

1ml/gal Zone
1ml/gal H2O2- about a day later
1ml/gal CalMag
1.5ml/gal H+G A+B

Ec is sitting just below .6
Rez temps are 64-66

The issue now is that I have extremely slow root growth. I DO have root growth but its on the order of grass growing. Anyone see something wrong? It feels kind of like a stall and would like to get things moving. Plants are not what I would call perky anymore. They aren't quite droopy either- but they stay the same from lights on to light off almost. Hmm.

PB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom