Post Yo Babies.

• Thread starter TheRemer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dewd

Dewd

Hey fellow farmers...

So after i smoked earlier my brain woke up...
Only smoke after i have finished my business for the day...

I actually did not make any mistakes with my indoor + the defoliation as i thought i did in a previous post...

According to the OP of the post that i read about his method of defoliation... You can't start to defoliate in flower... it will stunt the growth till the plant recovers... But if you defoliate in veg a bit... then in flower, the plant won't even skip a beat (notice it)...

Previously i thought i made the error of no defoliation in veg... but after i smoked my clever bud... i remembered that i did a defoliation to the main cola to get the others to grow like they have now... so yeah, i am so glad that i did the defoliation in veg as i thought i did not... so my plant won't even notice that i stripped her... O.o
just thought to fill you in... (the ones who were/are interested)
I'm interested in the results.
I also defol. I just do it differently. I defol in veg to create a bush. Along with some topping. I defol in veg to reduce the internodal length.
I defol in the first few weeks of flower to allow better airflow. Also for better light penetration but mostly for airflow. Also I never cut off leaves that don't have a branch growing out with at least 3 nodes. Otherwise that branch will grow very slow. Jmo
I also lolipop about half the plant just before I flip to flower

Dewd

Dewd

I'm interested in the results.
I also defol. I just do it differently. I defol in veg to create a bush. Along with some topping. I defol in veg to reduce the internodal length.
I defol in the first few weeks of flower to allow better airflow. Also for better light penetration but mostly for airflow. Also I never cut off leaves that don't have a branch growing out with at least 3 nodes. Otherwise that branch will grow very slow. Jmo
I also lolipop about half the plant just before I flip to flower
I also defol just a little the last 2 weeks of flower if needed. Just to ripen some hidden buds. Or at least give them some color. Sometimes I just tuck the leaves instead of removing them. Plants use their leaves for photosynthesis and transpiration so you don't want to remove too many.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

I also defol just a little the last 2 weeks of flower if needed. Just to ripen some hidden buds. Or at least give them some color. Sometimes I just tuck the leaves instead of removing them. Plants use their leaves for photosynthesis and transpiration so you don't want to remove too many.
Apparently with the method im using now, the guy does say that all bud sites are bigger yields and ripen same time as tops do... so all i can do is wait and see... but we can experiment on my plant lol...

Dewd

Dewd

i do not follow. so, you only cut leafs you can see the petiole on correct? you lost me with three nodes tho.
First of all I apologize if I don't get my terms right. Once a new branch grows from the node and has 3 nodes of its own then I cut the fan leaf that grew that new branch. If that makes sense.
I'm not trying to be confusing. :)
I can post a pic of what I mean in a little while if that helps

TheRemer

TheRemer

Good morning fellow farmers...

So as i waited patiently this morning for my lights to go on... I did some research on the method I'm using now (total defol).
Might have made a mistake but my girl looks good i think.

She is standing tall and perky...
Took some pictures of her and here are the results after 22hours...

Main cola:
View attachment 736088

Tried to get them all in this picture...
View attachment 736089
View attachment 736090
No ill effects yet that i can see...
I added more plant ties to the 2 tiny colas growing near the top half of the plant...
View attachment 736091

View attachment 736092

Here is the one top 22 hours ago:
View attachment 736094
Now:
View attachment 736093
So now i have to wait and see.
Shes not gonna show growth for a week or 2. You got her mad atchu

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Oddball is being difficult. He's only made a handful of female flowers and i'm getting nervous and because the fire hemp finally started showing that she's a girl, i started her on flowering fertilizer today.
I'll take a pic later tomorrow, but she reached the height i really wanted, so it's ok. And besides, i won't ruin the thc :p

Might be fun, really tall fire hemp that does have thc. Fun

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Hey fellow farmers...

Just going to post an update... not sure about growth as i was not paying attention to that exactly but will from now onward... Thanks @TheRemer - got me a bit worried lol...

Here she is:
20170902 110709

20170902 110928

20170902 111033

Well that's it from my side.

20170902 110653
Redgravemine

Redgravemine

How far along is this one?
This one is almost done if it's just male. If those are also female flowers then about 4 weeks left. It's 6 weeks old.

Unless you meant the facehugger. Not sure about him at all. He appeared the other day. Him and his jumping spider friend seem to be keeping the locusts away so i leave them be. The jumping spider likes to play alot.
And what is that right above the spider?
And this is the "main" stalk on oddball.

20170902 071439
Last edited:
Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Check these out. These are the green onions that started growing in my old pepper plant pots.

This is the fire hemp plant.

The panama red is ready to be transplanted. Tomorrow may be the day. Or maybe today.

And one of my weird catnip plants. It's too hot and sunny for them outside.

20170902 070616
20170902 070635
20170902 070602
20170902 071738 1
20170902 072021
Last edited:
Dewd

Dewd

This one is almost done if it's just male. If those are also female flowers then about 4 weeks left. It's 6 weeks old.

Unless you meant the facehugger. Not sure about him at all. He appeared the other day. Him and his jumping spider friend seem to be keeping the locusts away so i leave them be. The jumping spider likes to play alot.
And what is that right above the spider?
And this is the "main" stalk on oddball.
It's just a male

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

It's just a male
That's what i thought too. Well he can live the life up with his 6 female plants (gonna pick up a lemon skunk and a pineapple haze plant from the clone guy. Then we should be all set for this year with plenty of seeds for next year too.)
Although, I think i'll see if he has any black African magic. Nice rare old breed

Last edited:
Top Bottom