Post Yo Babies.

• Thread starter TheRemer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Oddball has decided he's flowering and that's that. So since i finished the last colloidal silver treatment (and s/he is developing about as expected) i started bloom fertilizer today. S/he is about a half week early for auto's but slight differences in the auto formula were expected.
One of the negatives so far is oddball has lost some of his protection from insects. I also gave him a light to medium range sprinkling of hot peppers to keep the pests away (part of the reason i grow my own, but my peppers aren't hot enough to do this with them yet)

The fire hemp's leaves have just started barely sparkling but i can't get it cought on film yet.

The pink kush. Not sure if i should be excited or not. But i may have another mutant.

The panama red is doing well. Still not sure about the knockout kush.

20170831 075908
20170831 075858
20170831 075310
20170831 075317
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Oddball has decided he's flowering and that's that. So since i finished the last colloidal silver treatment (and s/he is developing about as expected) i started bloom fertilizer today. S/he is about a half week early for auto's but slight differences in the auto formula were expected.
One of the negatives so far is oddball has lost some of his protection from insects. I also gave him a light to medium range sprinkling of hot peppers to keep the pests away (part of the reason i grow my own, but my peppers aren't hot enough to do this with them yet)

The fire hemp's leaves have just started barely sparkling but i can't get it cought on film yet.

The pink kush. Not sure if i should be excited or not. But i may have another mutant.

The panama red is doing well. Still not sure about the knockout kush.
Wow man... That is all i can say... You are doing something i am going to be doing in december/january side...
I love it... Great job and man oh man i can't wait to see what happens... I have colloidal silver as well in my bathroom.

For an auto i must say, biggest one i have seen so far to be honest.... every person i have seen with an auto on the internet, kinda had small 1 cola plants...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Well I have never grown with cfl's and Maybe someone who has or uses t-5's for flowering to offer experience.

However I have found that the university of michigans recommendation of a lot of red light and a little blue added to help with health and vigor and compactness is right for our plants bloom cycle.

I have found too much blue. Like more metal halide than hps grows leafy looser and less buds.

So I suggest more 2700k bulbs than 6500. 2 to 1 would likely give best results for density , size and resin production.
Thank you for your reply...
Yeah i was expecting an answer like that to be honest... in my heart i know she needs more 2700k light...
Will get that sorted out and thanks again...

Dewd

Dewd

Hey fellow farmers...

I said i wouldn't cut the fan leaves off my other colas...
Today when i woke up, i decided to go the other way... more light penetration = more bud sites/buds...
So will show the before and after...
Before Defoliation:
View attachment 735754
After Defoliation: (with added white stuff to help the branches not get damaged)
View attachment 735755

Then i saw a flying gnat looking thing... quite a few of them.. after murdering about 30 of them in total, i added stuff to the top layer of soil...
View attachment 735756
Hopefully this helps her out a bit... if not, to bad i guess as i do top feed her.
Here is my baby after defoliation:
View attachment 735757
Much more and better light penetration and now each cola can grow to their full potential.
I gave myself one rule when defoliating... Leave the tops alone and the node directly under it...

The rest all went... except for 2 sets of 3 fan leaves...

Now just to wait and see what it does...

Plant age from seed: 56 days (https://days.to/5-july/2017)
Flowering age: 21 days (https://days.to/10-august/2017)
Damn! That's a lot of defol. Almost a lolipop but not quite. :)
I could be wrong but my guess is those bud sites on the lower part of plant with no fan leaves will be small buds while the tops will take on most of the bulk. Not a bad thing just not sure the bottom buds will get bigger as you had hoped. I think the opposite will be true. Time will tell. Keep us posted.
PS The training on that plant looks great! I should try LST

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Wow man... That is all i can say... You are doing something i am going to be doing in december/january side...
I love it... Great job and man oh man i can't wait to see what happens... I have colloidal silver as well in my bathroom.

For an auto i must say, biggest one i have seen so far to be honest.... every person i have seen with an auto on the internet, kinda had small 1 cola plants...
It's an odd plant. Eventually i am going to explain what happened in detail, but it's kind of detailed and complicated and trying to decide on how to explain it.
But suffice to say it's an orginal autoflower. I'm not 100% sure the autoflower will breed true in this... But gonna find out in about 8 weeks when the next generation is approaching the third node of growth.

(Let me explain where the autoflower gene orginally comes from. A long time ago the world was much hotter then it is now. Plants didn't need to know when 12-12 happened because the tempdeveg wasn't very much. As the world cooled the plants developed (very quickly, near the beginning ning of the cretaceous period, plants developed the normal period growth we see, or some did anyway. The autoflower gene remained in the plants and the plants use it as a backup just in case. I know the autoflower got turned on, but not 100% sure why so while it's likely to breed true, i can't be sure til i grow it out. Then comes some saving to get a genetic test done on a sample to figure out where it fits in the scheme of things (which, i am so happy that this plant didn't get so scrambled it couldn't make flowers)

(Mutagenics. The easiest way to explain without any real details is it was exposed to a highly mutagenic compound and was the lucky one that didn't get ground to figurative paste.

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Something else occurs to me. Oddball may be sometype of autoflower from 6 to 9 years ago, with a healthy recombining of it's genes. I've never had lowryder (or any of the ruderalis sub strains) what are the charastic growing styles/smells/taste i always hear about?
I tend to think that it most likely isn't though. Lowryders (and most ruderalis) perfer smaller doses of fertilizer, while oddball has very large appetites (he demanded and is has been eating about 8 tablespoons of fertilizer a day. And s/he has always demanded alot. When i can get a pic of it's trunk I'm going to need my tree branch cutters to get through it (though i won't be triming him that way. Might see what the post flower growth looks like on this, if any.
Currently i predict it will be ready to harvest no later then November 10th with a November 1st date likely.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Damn! That's a lot of defol. Almost a lolipop but not quite. :)
I could be wrong but my guess is those bud sites on the lower part of plant with no fan leaves will be small buds while the tops will take on most of the bulk. Not a bad thing just not sure the bottom buds will get bigger as you had hoped. I think the opposite will be true. Time will tell. Keep us posted.
PS The training on that plant looks great! I should try LST
Thanks man @ LST... lol one thing i can do right i guess... haha

The reasoning behind the defoliation....
My reason to defoliate

The poster goes on to show before and after pictures and within 4 days his plants look so hairy that it could be mistaken for a white Yeti...

So yeah will keep you posted on how it goes down..
Time must hurry now as i have to wait 45 minutes for her lights to go on...

Hmmm...
This is from a person posting on his post...

"If I follow k33ftr33z precisely and prepare the plants starting in veg, change in transpiration after each
defoliation is less noticeable GROWTH RATE REMAINS CONSISTENT -
If I just defoliate an otherwise "normal" plant (ie. one not prepared from veg), the effect on transpiration of
defoliation is quite dramatic. GROWTH RATE STOPS UNTIL RECOVERY - :(
you want to follow k33ftr33z method (obviously)"

Might have done something stupid to my 24k with that defoliation... haha but now i will have to wait and see....

Last edited:
Dewd

Dewd

Thanks man @ LST... lol one thing i can do right i guess... haha

The reasoning behind the defoliation....
View attachment 736079

The poster goes on to show before and after pictures and within 4 days his plants look so hairy that it could be mistaken for a white Yeti...

So yeah will keep you posted on how it goes down..
Time must hurry now as i have to wait 45 minutes for her lights to go on...

Hmmm...
This is from a person posting on his post...

"If I follow k33ftr33z precisely and prepare the plants starting in veg, change in transpiration after each
defoliation is less noticeable GROWTH RATE REMAINS CONSISTENT -
If I just defoliate an otherwise "normal" plant (ie. one not prepared from veg), the effect on transpiration of
defoliation is quite dramatic. GROWTH RATE STOPS UNTIL RECOVERY - :(
you want to follow k33ftr33z method (obviously)"

Might have done something stupid to my 24k with that defoliation... haha but now i will have to wait and see....
Keep posting pics. You made me curious

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Good morning fellow farmers...

So as i waited patiently this morning for my lights to go on... I did some research on the method I'm using now (total defol).
Might have made a mistake but my girl looks good i think.

She is standing tall and perky...
Took some pictures of her and here are the results after 22hours...

Main cola:
20170901 080110

Tried to get them all in this picture...
20170901 080123

20170901 080252

No ill effects yet that i can see...
I added more plant ties to the 2 tiny colas growing near the top half of the plant...
20170901 080704

20170901 080726

Here is the one top 22 hours ago:

Now:
20170901 080853

So now i have to wait and see.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Sorry this is a new post... but i have to post this... haha

Not sure who it was that said i could cut the main cola off and the plant would survive...
But you sir... Just letting you know it works...
The plant has not died...

A bit of background on these plants...
I took them out my indoor as seedlings and placed them outside and thought to myself: "if you grow, you grow... if not, to bad... who cares"

Now they have somehow become my little engines that could... but with one major flaw...
They have all started growing white pistils... meaning they have all started to flower hahaha... so weird...

Anyway here is the main cola that i cut off on the 29 August 2017:
20170829 WA0003

here is where it used to be:
20170901 084921

I know they look ugly... remember they are part of my "who cares" bunch.

This is her from the top:
20170901 084907

and yes i cut all her fan leaves off as well... this was done yesterday...
Here are the tiny flowering plants: (the gang)
20170901 085248
From left to right: AK-47, Northern Lights, White Rhino x2 then bottom right green is an AK-47....

Let me grab a pic of the tiny white pistils... (White Rhino)
20170901 090517

Northern Lights:
20170901 090534

So not sure what to do about them or to them...
Any suggestions? thanks in advance...

EDIT:
I took them off the ground with this metal fencing i was going to use for SOG/SCOG...
Now it is their new platform... Now the ants cant touch them.
20170901 091942

Last edited:
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Last post for the day on my plants...
On my indoor i have noticed something very strange happening on 2 sides of my plant...

Instead of the usual 2 bud sites per node... my indoor has grow 3 bud sides per node and also three "5 blade fan leaves" on that same node.

Normally a plant would grow 2 per node opposite each other... this one decided 3 per node in a star formation.
Image from the top:
20170901 104657

Image from the side, you can clearly see 3 on that node...
20170901 104807

and this is the nodes below it...
20170901 104823

20170901 104839

Is this normal?
Never seen or heard of it before...
Anyways... Enjoy your night/day all...

Damn I'm excited...

EDIT:
Seems to be something called "whorled phyllotaxy"
I learn something new each day...

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

Last post for the day on my plants...
On my indoor i have noticed something very strange happening on 2 sides of my plant...

Instead of the usual 2 bud sites per node... my indoor has grow 3 bud sides per node and also three "5 blade fan leaves" on that same node.

Normally a plant would grow 2 per node opposite each other... this one decided 3 per node in a star formation.
Image from the top:
View attachment 736121
Image from the side, you can clearly see 3 on that node...
View attachment 736122
and this is the nodes below it...
View attachment 736123
View attachment 736124
Is this normal?
Never seen or heard of it before...
Anyways... Enjoy your night/day all...

Damn I'm excited...

EDIT:
Seems to be something called "whorled phyllotaxy"
I learn something new each day...
its normal.if yur nodes wernt so far apart that wud become one cola eventually

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Hey fellow farmers...

So after i smoked earlier my brain woke up...
Only smoke after i have finished my business for the day...

I actually did not make any mistakes with my indoor + the defoliation as i thought i did in a previous post...

According to the OP of the post that i read about his method of defoliation... You can't start to defoliate in flower... it will stunt the growth till the plant recovers... But if you defoliate in veg a bit... then in flower, the plant won't even skip a beat (notice it)...

Previously i thought i made the error of no defoliation in veg... but after i smoked my clever bud... i remembered that i did a defoliation to the main cola to get the others to grow like they have now... so yeah, i am so glad that i did the defoliation in veg as i thought i did not... so my plant won't even notice that i stripped her... O.o
just thought to fill you in... (the ones who were/are interested)

Top Bottom